IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather VS Cotto, who wins and why?
JD
post Dec 12 2007, 02:04 PM
Post #111

First Ballot

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,262

QUOTE(singletrack @ Dec 12 2007, 02:01 PM) [snapback]370161[/snapback]
I just don't think Floyd can avoid Cotto for 12 rounds.

If DLH/Cotto doesn't happen, then I think we will see Margarito/Cotto in PR. I'm almost hoping for the latter because it will be a fun trip and I will get better seats ; )

Maybe he can't....hopefully we get to find out. I don't necessarily agree with you...but whatever...all good. I still want to see him try to avoid Cotto and effectively pick him apart. If he can it is a terrific win, if he can't, you can crack out the Cristal.

If the Margarito fight happens, it will almost definitely happen at the Garden.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Dec 12 2007, 02:07 PM
Post #112

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Dec 12 2007, 12:57 PM) [snapback]370158[/snapback]
I see a real good scrap with Cotto breaking Margarito from the inside out. Margarito would make a good account of himself, and it'd be a great fight to watch...

Yea,

It would be a good fight! I just don't think that Margarito is "all that." Maybe "stay busy" isn't exactly the right phrase. But Cotto is going to want to get back in the ring in '08 and rather than being forced to wait and see what the others are going to do, and since Cintron is out with his bad hand, Margarito-Cotto would be a good fight. I had forgotten that Floyd wants time off and with the victory over Hatton, he deserves it. Than in the mix of all of this, Hatton can go back down to his natural 140# weight.

Jack

+Quote Post
singletrack
post Dec 12 2007, 02:09 PM
Post #113

Super Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,671

QUOTE(JD @ Dec 12 2007, 02:04 PM) [snapback]370162[/snapback]
Maybe he can't....hopefully we get to find out. I don't necessarily agree with you...but whatever...all good. I still want to see him try to avoid Cotto and effectively pick him apart. If he can it is a terrific win, if he can't, you can crack out the Cristal.

I agree...all the credit in the world to Floyd if he can potshot to victory, even if it isn't a style that I find appealing.

If the Margarito fight happens, it will almost definitely happen at the Garden.

It would be a real shame if Cotto never fights in PR again, but that may be a fact of life : (

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Dec 12 2007, 02:18 PM
Post #114

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

QUOTE(Method @ Dec 12 2007, 01:59 PM) [snapback]370159[/snapback]
Im not saying Cotto won't come through victorious (though I think it's a pick 'em, probably even favor Marg), but I AM saying that it wouldn't surprise me if he left a piece of himself in the ring when the night is over, and that is NEVER an outcome you want to deal with when you're merely trying to "stay busy".

That's another reason I like Cotto...he's the type to stay busy with a challenge if he can't fight the best.

As much as the Margarito fans turned me off to him, I can't deny he's contender material....he's a tough guy with a chin...a real scrapper with a high output of power punches...but his Boxing is definitely lacking (i.e. always on the attack with slow, wide punches)...

In my opinion, Cotto can do almost everything Margarito can do and do it better...Margarito's height and reach are his only obvious edges...Margarito would throw alot so I can see Cotto taking some punishment here and there...but I can REALLY see Cotto boxing and banging Margarito out in the later rounds...

+Quote Post
JD
post Dec 12 2007, 02:21 PM
Post #115

First Ballot

In the end, I think this comes down to chin - and that is where my pick comes from. Man, this would be a hell of a scrap though.

As I said, if Cotto were to fight Mosley again, DLH, Mayweather or Margarito by the middle of next year...you would have to be a flat out hater to criticize him. Any of those fights qualify as tough fights for him.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Dec 12 2007, 02:26 PM
Post #116

SKULLSPLITTER

Does your personal Chin category include the ability to take it to the body, JD?

because I think Cotto's body attack is a real difference maker in this matchup...in that it would essentially slow Margarito down across the board.

When I say Chin, I mean their beard only...so I think their chins are around the same...with maybe an edge to Margarito...

+Quote Post
JD
post Dec 12 2007, 02:29 PM
Post #117

First Ballot

QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Dec 12 2007, 02:26 PM) [snapback]370168[/snapback]
Does your personal Chin category include the ability to take it to the body, JD?

because I think Cotto's body attack is a real difference maker in this matchup...in that it would essentially slow Margarito down across the board.

When I say Chin, I mean their beard only...so I think their chins are around the same...with maybe an edge to Margarito...

With chin I mean head, which is an area I favor Margarito...but I see nothing that would indicate that Margarito cannot take it downstairs.

I think that in the end, this may be one of the most entertaining scraps we can get right now. The more I think about it, the more I hope it is Cotto's next fight.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Dec 12 2007, 02:36 PM
Post #118

SKULLSPLITTER

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ...ok...I thought so...for example, Etienne had a bad "Chin" because the whole top half of his head was like a baby's soft spot.

and yeah...I'm liking this fight too the more we talk about it...

+Quote Post
JD
post Dec 12 2007, 02:52 PM
Post #119

First Ballot

QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Dec 12 2007, 02:36 PM) [snapback]370170[/snapback]
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ...ok...I thought so...for example, Etienne had a bad "Chin" because the whole top half of his head was like a baby's soft spot.

and yeah...I'm liking this fight too the more we talk about it...

LOL...yes, I would have called Etienne chinny...though, it was really a case of him having a suspect upper head.

+Quote Post
Method
post Dec 12 2007, 03:23 PM
Post #120

Member No.: 1,253

In order for Cotto to get near Margarito's body, I think he'd have to eat a helluva lot of leather. I'd throw money on Marg to beat Cotto.

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 08:21 AM