IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather VS Cotto, who wins and why?
salvador
post Dec 12 2007, 04:18 PM
Post #121

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,307

QUOTE(Method @ Dec 12 2007, 04:23 PM) [snapback]370176[/snapback]
In order for Cotto to get near Margarito's body, I think he'd have to eat a helluva lot of leather. I'd throw money on Marg to beat Cotto.

Yeah, and after Tony's loss to Williams and Cotto's big wins this year, the odds would probably be pretty favorable: almost Mayweather/Hatton favorable.
I agree with JD that it would come down to chins.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BrutalBodyShots
post Dec 12 2007, 07:54 PM
Post #122

ON the edge

Member No.: 240

Whether or not Cotto would beat Margarito really isn't the point... either way it would be a very tough fight on both guys and probably shave a year or two off of their careers. Margarito will never be "great" however where Cotto has the potential to be "great" so IMO it doesn't make sense for Cotto to risk himself in this fight. A loss would set back the momentum he has built up over the last few years, and even in a win he will take a LOT of punches and possibly look a notch worse in his next fight. Margarito is a fight I would only take if I were in Cotto's shoes if I had already peaked out in my career... which Cotto hasn't.

+Quote Post
singletrack
post Dec 12 2007, 08:39 PM
Post #123

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 5,671

QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 12 2007, 07:54 PM) [snapback]370207[/snapback]
Whether or not Cotto would beat Margarito really isn't the point... either way it would be a very tough fight on both guys and probably shave a year or two off of their careers. Margarito will never be "great" however where Cotto has the potential to be "great" so IMO it doesn't make sense for Cotto to risk himself in this fight. A loss would set back the momentum he has built up over the last few years, and even in a win he will take a LOT of punches and possibly look a notch worse in his next fight. Margarito is a fight I would only take if I were in Cotto's shoes if I had already peaked out in my career... which Cotto hasn't.

Options are:

PBF
DLH
Margarito - tough, big, slow, limited
??
Paul - tougher puzzle than Margarito - huge, fast hands, high volume
Cintron - devastating KO puncher with psychological issues
Mosley - already beat him. He will really give him a beating in a rematch, so that could be good as well.

+Quote Post
singletrack
post Dec 12 2007, 08:43 PM
Post #124

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 5,671

QUOTE(Method @ Dec 12 2007, 03:23 PM) [snapback]370176[/snapback]
In order for Cotto to get near Margarito's body, I think he'd have to eat a helluva lot of leather. I'd throw money on Marg to beat Cotto.

Don't do it Meth - it's the wrong play. Althoooough, I bet you will get good odds, so in pure "gambling" terms it might make sense, but Cotto will win and then you won't ; )

If this fight happens, it will be in PR or MSG. Margarito needs to win by KO to beat Miguel in either place. Might as well bet Margarito by KO.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Dec 12 2007, 08:47 PM
Post #125

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

How I think Cotto would do against Williams, Cintron, Margarito.

Williams: WIlliams beats Cotto...unless Cotto gets to his body. But Williams UD.

Margarito I think Cotto beats Margarito but would have a good chance of getting stopped himself. But I just like Cotto's skillset and technique more in this fight. Plus IMO his hands are quicker then Margarito. And Margarito has never been in with a puncher or fighter like Cotto before. But it would be a real good fight.

Cintron: LOL..did you see how he looked in his last fight. Without a doubt the worst champ at Welterweight. His last opponent was stopped by Hopkins newphew in 4 and blown out by Mike Arnatous. He was also rocked against David Estrada. And we all saw what happened the moment he stepped up vs. Margarito. Possibly the most overrated Welterweight. Cintron has a big punch..thats it. The man has little heart, average skills, average speed. He gets stopped in 5.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Dec 12 2007, 08:57 PM
Post #126

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 12 2007, 07:37 PM) [snapback]370204[/snapback]
Nope. It would be never ending. You need a fighter that can lose like Hatton did. You eventually found peace after his loss, how are you going to find that with Manny? I think it will just turn you into a bitter 70 year old man. lol.
On a side note, I was reading somewhere that Pavlik said he hates young men that play golf and enjoy drinking scotch. I think he actually went a step further and said they were faggots. I was seeing red, but then I remembered I don't play golf.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup_anim.gif)

I'd fucking take it to him if he said that though...be at his next weigh in with a gasoline filled Scotch bottle...casually blow my nose with a handkerchief, stuff it in, light it up.........

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by The C.E.O.: Dec 12 2007, 08:59 PM

+Quote Post
BrutalBodyShots
post Dec 12 2007, 09:25 PM
Post #127

ON the edge

Member No.: 240

Cintron? Shit let's not even talk about this guy anymore. The dude couldn't deal with SWATS and PUSHES (not punches) from Feliciano. Cintron is done the next time he fights a top guy.

+Quote Post
salvador
post Dec 13 2007, 06:37 AM
Post #128

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,307

QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 12 2007, 08:54 PM) [snapback]370207[/snapback]

That's a really interesting point, and I'd bet that Cotto's team wouldn't have signed to fight Margarito last June if Arum didn't promote both of them. And although I loved Margarito for taking the Williams fight instead, it was a damn stupid thing to do because I don't think he'll ever get another chance at a superfight. Because I sure don't see Judah, Mosley, DLH, Floyd or Cotto ever going out of their way to fight Tony, particularly since there is way less hype around him after the Williams loss.

+Quote Post
streetlion1
post Dec 13 2007, 09:25 AM
Post #129

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 6,534

QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Dec 12 2007, 12:26 PM) [snapback]370150[/snapback]
Floyd also said that he was going to retire after the ODLH fight.

Now I can understand if Floyd does indeed keep to his word and I'll have no reason to critisize Cotto if that is indeed the case. We don't know that to actually be the case yet so we'll just have to wait and see. I believe that Cotto's people don't want any parts of Floyd and if the Oscar fight doesn't come off [as I suspect it wont] we'll see Cotto's people calling out everyone but Floyd.

Cotto Mosley II summer 2008...

CEO: if ever you start a Cotto hate wagon please add my name to the list. Thank you...

COTTO WANT NO PART OF FLOYD?!?! ITS CLEAR TO EVERYONE THAT ITS FLOYD WHO WANTS NO PART OF COTTO! OR MOSLEY! OR MARGARITO FOR THAT MATTER! MAYWEATHER IS THE POUND 4 POUND KING OF DUCKING PEOPLE! THATS Y TO ME HE'LL NEVER BE GREAT! GOOD, BUT NOT GREAT! COTTO-MOSLEY AS GOOD AS IT WAS, ISNT WHAT PEOPLE WANT TO SEE. FLOYD SAYS HE'S THE BEST THEN PROVE IT BY BEATING THE BEST!! COTTO IS THE TRUE WELTERWEIGHT CHAMP,AND HAS PROVED HE IS THE BEST-MOST COMPLETE BOXER OUT THERE! NO-ONE IS SCARED OF FLOYD AND I DONT REMEMBER ANYONE EVER DUCKING HIM. HE IS THE ONE WHO IS CONSTANTLY MAKING EXCUSES AND TURNING DOWN FIGHTS. IF HE FOUGHT MOSLEY AND COTTO THERE WOULD BE 2 LOSSES ON THAT RECORD!

+Quote Post
Frankenzilla
post Dec 13 2007, 11:16 AM
Post #130

Amateur

Member No.: 6,526

There is always going to be a next great challenger. You can't fight them all.

Miguel Cotto is the last big name left for Floyd to conquer. Noone else in the top 10 stands much a chance of dethroning him.

Floyd needs to fight cotto now.

Before floyd gets older
Before cotto gets better
Before the demand becomes greater

If I was Floyd, I'd get Miguels ass in the ring while he is still green, Tko that ass, and retire on the absolute top of the sport. No more Floyds ducking this guy or that guy.

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 08:07 PM