IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather VS Cotto, who wins and why?
BrutalBodyShots
post Dec 13 2007, 12:04 PM
Post #131

ON the edge

Group: Members
Member No.: 240

QUOTE(Frankenzilla @ Dec 13 2007, 11:16 AM) [snapback]370336[/snapback]
If I was Floyd, I'd get Miguels ass in the ring while he is still green, Tko that ass, and retire on the absolute top of the sport. No more Floyds ducking this guy or that guy.

Oh so if Mayweather beats Cotto he would have beaten a "green" fighter in your view? I think it's pretty unfair to call Cotto "green" at this point... and if you really believe that how would you really value Mayweather's win over Cotto since he was "green" and all?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Dec 13 2007, 12:07 PM
Post #132

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 12 2007, 09:25 PM) [snapback]370241[/snapback]
Cintron? Shit let's not even talk about this guy anymore. The dude couldn't deal with SWATS and PUSHES (not punches) from Feliciano. Cintron is done the next time he fights a top guy.

Damn... I don't know you rip on more. Is it Jesse with his "SWATS and PUSHES" you always mention? Or is it Cintron who you totally think is a terrible all around fighter? Though Jesse has no power, his heart makes up for it. As for Cintron, yes he has MANY flaws, but he is still a champ right now. He has done alright considering he had very little amateur experience. He also hurt his right hand in the first round in that fight, or I am sure he would have gotton Jesse out of there much sooner if he didn't. He looked awesome in the fight with Walter Mattyse, so maybe he had an off night in his last fight. I am not trying to defend him completely, just lets see how he looks in his next fight before you completely write him off. He definately has alot of areas to improve on if he wants to stay on top.

This post has been edited by Lil-lightsout: Dec 13 2007, 12:08 PM

+Quote Post
BrutalBodyShots
post Dec 13 2007, 12:07 PM
Post #133

ON the edge

Streetlion, I've got a little exercise for you. The tools you're going to need are a butter knife and some crazy glue. I'll wait while you go grab those tools...

Ok 5 simple steps:

1. Press your CAPS LOCK key
2. Use the butter knife to pry the CAPS LOCK key off your keyboard.
3. Squeeze a dime-sized circle of crazy glue where the CAPS LOCK key used to be.
4. Wait a half hour.
5. Post again on the forum.

+Quote Post
rusty_trombone
post Dec 13 2007, 12:15 PM
Post #134

Cerebral Ape

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 5,390

Wow, I guess I'm alone in thinking Cotto would make easy work of Margarito, but I do have zero respect for Antonio Margarito.

+Quote Post
BrutalBodyShots
post Dec 13 2007, 12:15 PM
Post #135

ON the edge

QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Dec 13 2007, 12:07 PM) [snapback]370348[/snapback]
Damn... I don't know you rip on more. Is it Jesse with his "SWATS and PUSHES" you always mention? Or is it Cintron who you totally think is a terrible all around fighter? Though Jesse has no power, his heart makes up for it. As for Cintron, yes he has MANY flaws, but he is still a champ right now. He has done alright considering he very little amateur experience. He also hurt his right hand in the first round in that fight, or I am sure he would have gotton Jesse out of there much sooner if he didn't. He looked awesome in the fight with Walter Mattyse, so maybe he had an off night in his last fight. I am not trying to defend him completely, just lets see how he looks in his next fight before you completely write him off. He definately has alot of areas to improve on if he wants to stay on top.

Dude, Feliciano was literally PUSHING Cintron's head back with his "punches." LMAO! I've been watching boxing for a long time and I've never seen a guy throw "punches" with so little force that they push their opponents head back instead of snap it back. Yeah he's got heart, but the kid was swatting flies out there and was sloppy as shit. There's NO EXCUSE for Cintron to have not gotten him out of there sooner. He had already been knocked out 3 times. Feliciano is like a poor mans Wayne McCullough, and the pocket rocket was never anything greater than a work horse in the ring but at least he knew how to properly punch, not push. And I don't buy into the "hurt his right hand with the fight right hand he landed in the fight" BS. Cintron was landing CLEAN right hands all night long (he didn't stop throwing it after the first) and never showed any sign of discomfort until he landed 13-14 CLEAN shots in a row in his final fight ending rally. Cintron has nothing more than a puncher's chance over any top fighter at 147 and I fully expect him to lose the next time he steps it up.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Dec 13 2007, 12:30 PM
Post #136

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 13 2007, 11:15 AM) [snapback]370352[/snapback]
Dude, Feliciano was literally PUSHING Cintron's head back with his "punches." LMAO! I've been watching boxing for a long time and I've never seen a guy throw "punches" with so little force that they push their opponents head back instead of snap it back. Yeah he's got heart, but the kid was swatting flies out there and was sloppy as shit. There's NO EXCUSE for Cintron to have not gotten him out of there sooner. He had already been knocked out 3 times. Feliciano is like a poor mans Wayne McCullough, and the pocket rocket was never anything greater than a work horse in the ring but at least he knew how to properly punch, not push. And I don't buy into the "hurt his right hand with the fight right hand he landed in the fight" BS. Cintron was landing CLEAN right hands all night long (he didn't stop throwing it after the first) and never showed any sign of discomfort until he landed 13-14 CLEAN shots in a row in his final fight ending rally. Cintron has nothing more than a puncher's chance over any top fighter at 147 and I fully expect him to lose the next time he steps it up.

Agree Brutal,

Feliciano was throwing tons of powder-puff punches and they kept "buzzing" Cintron! I watch that fight and I kept thinking, "Shit, WTF would have happened if Feliciano had a punch?" I actually thought this guy was up by a point or so before the stoppage. Kermit "The Frog" will either get KO'd again, break down crying again, and/or both the next time he is in there with a solid pressure fighter. His one outside 30% chance against a top contender is if he lands a crackling big punch. But other than that--no dice. I think my example would apply to him fighting Williams. He'd lose to Margarito again barring some possible condition of cuts caused by head-butt clashes forcing a stoppage, because Margarito and Cintron are those types of fighters. But against Williams, Cintron I don't think could get inside to do his damage. Williams' size and reach advantages would be too much for him to handle.

Jack

+Quote Post
streetlion1
post Dec 13 2007, 05:50 PM
Post #137

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 6,534

QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 13 2007, 11:07 AM) [snapback]370349[/snapback]
Streetlion, I've got a little exercise for you. The tools you're going to need are a butter knife and some crazy glue. I'll wait while you go grab those tools...

Ok 5 simple steps:

1. Press your CAPS LOCK key
2. Use the butter knife to pry the CAPS LOCK key off your keyboard.
3. Squeeze a dime-sized circle of crazy glue where the CAPS LOCK key used to be.
4. Wait a half hour.
5. Post again on the forum.

LOL!! ANYTHING TO GET MY POINT ACROSS!!

+Quote Post
singletrack
post Dec 13 2007, 07:29 PM
Post #138

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 5,671

QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Dec 13 2007, 12:15 PM) [snapback]370351[/snapback]
Wow, I guess I'm alone in thinking Cotto would make easy work of Margarito, but I do have zero respect for Antonio Margarito.

The fact that people are picking Margarito definitely surprises me.

+Quote Post
dbdbdb
post Dec 13 2007, 08:13 PM
Post #139

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 4,102

QUOTE(singletrack @ Dec 13 2007, 07:29 PM) [snapback]370417[/snapback]
The fact that people are picking Margarito definitely surprises me.

Me too Singletrack,

Margarito is talked about as if he's had some major accomplishments. And he hasn't done crap in the sport but fight second-rate at-best fighters. Even on his comeback fight after Williams did a number on his azzz, who does he fight??? Another C-rated fighter, golden nobody. What justification or rational can be used to rate margarito over Cotto.

Cotto would wreck margarito today ...... tomorrow ...... next year ...... you pick the time and the place and Cotto wins every time.

+Quote Post
BrutalBodyShots
post Dec 13 2007, 08:15 PM
Post #140

ON the edge

QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Dec 13 2007, 05:50 PM) [snapback]370399[/snapback]
LOL!! ANYTHING TO GET MY POINT ACROSS!!

I think you missed step one. Try again.

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 12:42 AM