IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  « < 13 14 15  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather VS Cotto, who wins and why?
rusty_trombone
post Dec 13 2007, 09:23 PM
Post #141

Cerebral Ape

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 5,390

QUOTE(singletrack @ Dec 13 2007, 07:29 PM) [snapback]370417[/snapback]
The fact that people are picking Margarito definitely surprises me.

yeah, i regard Margarito as basically a shop fighter, doesn't do anything well, but can get hit in the face alot and still stand up. I really don't think Margarito would land many of his slow, wide shots and certainly get hit alot cause his defense resembles the Iraqi army.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
streetlion1
post Dec 14 2007, 07:24 AM
Post #142

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,534

QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 13 2007, 07:15 PM) [snapback]370422[/snapback]
I think you missed step one. Try again.

WHATEVER, TALK BOXING!

+Quote Post
BrutalBodyShots
post Dec 14 2007, 10:25 AM
Post #143

ON the edge

Member No.: 240

QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Dec 14 2007, 07:24 AM) [snapback]370490[/snapback]
WHATEVER, TALK BOXING!

I will. I rarely ever read posts that are in ALL CAPS unless they are 3 words like your post above. I'm sure there are others that don't read them either. So I guess if your point of being here is to not be heard or recognized by all means continue to post paragraphs in ALL CAPS.

+Quote Post
singletrack
post Dec 14 2007, 11:12 AM
Post #144

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 5,671

QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Dec 13 2007, 08:13 PM) [snapback]370421[/snapback]
Me too Singletrack,

Margarito is talked about as if he's had some major accomplishments. And he hasn't done crap in the sport but fight second-rate at-best fighters. Even on his comeback fight after Williams did a number on his azzz, who does he fight??? Another C-rated fighter, golden nobody. What justification or rational can be used to rate margarito over Cotto.

Cotto would wreck margarito today ...... tomorrow ...... next year ...... you pick the time and the place and Cotto wins every time.

The funniest thing about the Golden Johnson fight were the highlights on the scoreboard at MSG before the Margarito fight to hype the crowd up. They show him fighting in front of, what appeared to be, a hundred people and he was getting hit by the other guy! I don't even think they could find decent highlights of the guy.

hahahahaha

Margarito is a guy that looks dangerous on paper because of his size, his toughness, and his power. But, like you said, he is a shop fighter. An elite fighter like Cotto should be able to exploit all of his weaknesses while adapting to his strengths. If Cotto can't do that, then he doesn't deserve to be champ. But all indications are that Cotto is versatile and Margarito fights EXACTLY the same against everyone regardless of whether it is working or not. If he had made any kind of adjustments against Williams - throw when he throws, be first, shoot straight shots, buy an uppercut, etc...he would have won that fight. Tony could really re-invent himself with proper coaching.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Dec 14 2007, 12:16 PM
Post #145

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

Honestly, it's all on Floyd at this point.

Cotto has already stated that he's ready for Floyd.

It's the biggest fight in boxing.

It's the best fight for Floyd's legacy.

Floyd should fight Cotto, then call it a career.

Floyd can actually retire now because he really has done it all. But it would be dissapointing if he left without fighting Cotto.

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Dec 14 2007, 01:39 PM
Post #146

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 14 2007, 01:16 PM) [snapback]370532[/snapback]
Honestly, it's all on Floyd at this point.

Cotto has already stated that he's ready for Floyd.

It's the biggest fight in boxing.

It's the best fight for Floyd's legacy.

Floyd should fight Cotto, then call it a career.

Floyd can actually retire now because he really has done it all. But it would be dissapointing if he left without fighting Cotto.

Yup, I agree George.Mayweather needs to fight Cotto in 2008.He says his body needs a break though and that is understandable.I hope if Cotto fights Oscar in May that Cotto wins to make the fight bigger with Floyd.Then Mayweather-Cotto can be made around November sometime.That would give Floyd a much needed rest and keep the fight intact.Not to mention, Cotto would be an even bigger star if he were to get by Oscar.The only problem with that is if Oscar beat Cotto.Then Who would Floyd fight?I really don't want to see Mayweather-De La Hoya II.Cotto already beat Mosley and Williams already beat Margarito and Williams don't bring the money yet.I doubt Mayweather fights Forrest.Maybe a Spinks fight, but I doubt the fans would want to see that one.Personally there all fights I would watch but Mayweather-Cotto is the one fight I reeally want to see.

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Apr 7 2012, 06:50 AM
Post #147

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

I figured I would return and bump this thread since the fight is less than 30 days away. I started to get more excited after watching the face-off. Both fighters look determined to put on an exciting fight. I've always respected Cotto and rooted for him so it will be difficult to see him fall short in this one.

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 13 14 15
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 12:02 AM