IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather VS Cotto, who wins and why?
xxxxxx
post Dec 9 2007, 12:27 PM
Post #31

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,559

QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 9 2007, 09:57 AM) [snapback]369463[/snapback]
I think Margarito is really too slow for Floyd....Cotto has quicker hands then Marg.

Styles make fights and I must say that Mayweather beats Margarito easier than Cotto, but Margarito could possibly beat Cotto.I think Margarito is a tough customer and Mayweather would have to fight him like he did Baldmomir to win the fight.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Dec 9 2007, 12:29 PM
Post #32

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

What about PAUL WILLIAMS ???? he might actually have the best chance...but still needs a lil more rounds under his belt , is he ready to take out "Money" ???

Agreed,

Williams has the style to trouble Floyd. Maybe the ONLY fighter who can trouble Floyd. But Paul is only known to hard-core boxing fans and not to the general public. Mayweather-Williams would be a high risk fight with low pay. Floyd needs a big name banger or money maker opponent to bring out the potential for an exciting fight. (Mayweather-Williams would be boring because of styles.) If Floyd wants to keep fighting, he should fight Cotto. It makes the most dollars and sense.

Jack

+Quote Post
WolfishPromistah
post Dec 9 2007, 01:29 PM
Post #33

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 1,305

If I were Floyd, I'd probably take just two more fights, if not one -- Cotto then Williams. That's it. Cotto is like a monkey that's been on his back because of the way people want two p4pers going for it, feeling Cotto is the most likely one with the chance to beat him in 147 pound range; while Williams, who is up and coming and did in fact conquer Margarito, like Cotto beat Mosely, strictly for sake of legacy on that note. I mean, since both those guys beat the others, it'd be like the ones who've proven themselves best of the bunch fighting anyway. And Floyd can truly end his career on a higher note than imagined that way, especially since he's taken care of the other thorn (Ricky the Hitman Hatton) just last night.

+Quote Post
BrutalBodyShots
post Dec 9 2007, 01:29 PM
Post #34

ON the edge

Member No.: 240

I've got Mayweather over Cotto without question. I'm already licking my chops for this one from a gambling perspective as Mayweather will only be a slight favorite, maybe 3-2 at widest.

Against Cotto, Mayweather will have a MUCH easier time keeping distance between the two than he did with Hatton. Hatton is quick on his feet and was able to get in at times before Mayweather could react. Cotto while he has a jab isn't nearly as quick on his feet. I see Mayweather establishing distance and maintaining it probably 80% of the time.

As for the other 20%, I think people are making WAY too big a deal out of "Cotto getting inside." That was supposed to be Hatton's strength, right? Mayweather showed us last night against Hatton and against MANY others including a bigger man in DLH the HE can be extremely competitive on the inside. I say so what if Cotto gets Mayweather on the ropes. Yeah Cotto can bang but that means nothing to me when 9/10 of the punches he throws are going to land on Mayweather's forearms, elbows and gloves.

Also by round 5-6 what you will see in this fight, that you see in many of Mayweather's fights is that his opponents become tentative due to Mayweather's insane speed and accuracy. By round 7/8 Hatton wasn't nearly as anxious to try and close the distance. His foot speed was still there, but he was constantly catching lead right hands and lead left hooks. Same thing would happen with Cotto, and once it did it would be smooth sailing for Mayweather for the rest of the fight.

It also wouldn't be out of the question that Mayweather catches Cotto CLEAN enough times late like he did Hatton to drop him.

I had almost forgotten how good of a finisher Mayweather can be, and he proved that last night for the first time in a while.

+Quote Post
X3_Bazooka_X3
post Dec 9 2007, 03:11 PM
Post #35

Welterweight

Member No.: 5,230

according to Lampley Floyd doesnt love boxing anymore and I remember what Happend to Jones Jr when he began to feel the same way, so my advice to floyd is to call it a career and move on there is no point in risking getting yourself hurt if your heart isnt in it. as much as I hate him and would love to see him beat the fuck down it would be a bit selfish of anybody to ask someone to continue to do this if its no longer in them and this is a sport where you can end up dead, now if his heart is in it and he gets beat down or seriously hurt in there no sleep lost on my part, but in reality he should call it a career as of last night he can officially argue that he fought and beat all of the CHAMPIONs in each weight class he claims to be a champion in.
However I still think Hatton did a great job the fight was near dead even going into the tenth, kinda wish we had Raul Caiz in there so the point wouldnt have been taking away due to floyd turning his head, but lets face reality, if a smaller Hatton who admits 147 isnt his weight class, if he can bully Floyd and push Floyd back and have some success and keep a fight that close Cotto has one hell of a shot to beat Floyd so my pick would be MC all day, Floyd did not dominate as some would like to think he had to earn that win.
I also have a question about the P4P shit, isnt that supposed to be according to your skills and how they stack up against all the rest? you would think Floyd could have done much better last night than he did since he is the P4P king correct? I think honestly I agree with what he said on 24/7 his body is shutting down he just cant seem to get off the kind of shots he used to either its his body or the move up in weight either way I think he should retire

+Quote Post
BrutalBodyShots
post Dec 9 2007, 03:26 PM
Post #36

ON the edge

QUOTE(X3_Bazooka_X3 @ Dec 9 2007, 03:11 PM) [snapback]369577[/snapback]
according to Lampley Floyd doesnt love boxing anymore and I remember what Happend to Jones Jr when he began to feel the same way, so my advice to floyd is to call it a career and move on there is no point in risking getting yourself hurt if your heart isnt in it. as much as I hate him and would love to see him beat the fuck down it would be a bit selfish of anybody to ask someone to continue to do this if its no longer in them and this is a sport where you can end up dead, now if his heart is in it and he gets beat down or seriously hurt in there no sleep lost on my part, but in reality he should call it a career as of last night he can officially argue that he fought and beat all of the CHAMPIONs in each weight class he claims to be a champion in.
However I still think Hatton did a great job the fight was near dead even going into the tenth, kinda wish we had Raul Caiz in there so the point wouldnt have been taking away due to floyd turning his head, but lets face reality, if a smaller Hatton who admits 147 isnt his weight class, if he can bully Floyd and push Floyd back and have some success and keep a fight that close Cotto has one hell of a shot to beat Floyd so my pick would be MC all day, Floyd did not dominate as some would like to think he had to earn that win.
I also have a question about the P4P shit, isnt that supposed to be according to your skills and how they stack up against all the rest? you would think Floyd could have done much better last night than he did since he is the P4P king correct? I think honestly I agree with what he said on 24/7 his body is shutting down he just cant seem to get off the kind of shots he used to either its his body or the move up in weight either way I think he should retire

Man you have got to be one of the most inaccurate posters on this forum.

Fight near dead even going into the 10th? The judges gave Hatton 1 or 2 rounds. Everyone on this forum gave Hatton about 2 rounds. EVEN going into the 10th? You're on your own there.

+Quote Post
X3_Bazooka_X3
post Dec 9 2007, 03:29 PM
Post #37

Welterweight

Member No.: 5,230

QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 9 2007, 12:26 PM) [snapback]369590[/snapback]
Man you have got to be one of the most inaccurate posters on this forum.

Fight near dead even going into the 10th? The judges gave Hatton 1 or 2 rounds. Everyone on this forum gave Hatton about 2 rounds. EVEN going into the 10th? You're on your own there.

and the judges for DLH Floyd had Oscar lossing by a single point but you all swear up and down they were wrong that night as well so which is it? are the judges only correct when it suites your arguement or do the judges often make mistakes in scoring a fight? be fucking real the fight was close and IMO the only reason I had Floyd up two rounds was because of the one point deduction other than that it was a one point lead going into the tenth.

+Quote Post
BrutalBodyShots
post Dec 9 2007, 03:44 PM
Post #38

ON the edge

Most of the people that felt Mayweather beat Oscar had Mayweather winning 7-5 or 8-4 at the WIDEST. NO ONE had Mayweather-Hatton that close... well again, except YOU.

These two fights are apples and oranges my friend.

+Quote Post
Douchebag
post Dec 9 2007, 04:06 PM
Post #39

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 6,400

I think too much is being made about Cotto foot work. Yeah he is not as fast ricky hatton on his feet, but there a very few fighters that are. Cotto foot movement is not the worst I a have seen and DLH Is not that much faster than if at all IMO. Cotto can close the distance by effectively cutting off the ring and pumping out his jab. Carlos Quintana has very good foot movement and Cotto was very effective in that fight. My biggest concern for Cotto going into this fight is him walking in to the clean shot that Mayweather is going be trying to land. Cotto is versitile enough to give Floyd fits in there. He can come forward and he can box if he needs to and he can also go southpaw at any given moment and be very effective doing so. In this fight I think Floyd would be forced to trade from time to time and that would definitely favor Cotto. Cotto has also Gotten a TKO from punching some guy(sorry don't remember his name) in the arm so i would look for him to try to do some of that when floyd does into his defensive shell.

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Dec 9 2007, 04:11 PM
Post #40

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,443

QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 9 2007, 09:04 AM) [snapback]369465[/snapback]
..thats the best fight in boxing.

Yeah damn right it is. I hope Floyd takes this fight...There are still opponents out there who can ask questions of him, questions he needs to answer to secure his legacy.

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 11:44 PM