IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather VS Cotto, who wins and why?
moscow bear
post Dec 9 2007, 05:19 PM
Post #41

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 189

I actually think that Paul Williams has the lowest chace of beating PBF. I think their fight would be the 147lbs version of PBF-Ndou at 130, with Floyds power and accuracy being just too much for Williams.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Dec 9 2007, 05:34 PM
Post #42

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

You make a good reference. Even Floyd SR says that Floyd feasts on tall guys... Williams is 6"2 near... damned, but he often is off balance and clumsy at times. Margarito was able to get to him late... Floyd would hit him alot and Williams would expend alot throwing those volumes and missing a great deal

This post has been edited by neophyte7: Dec 9 2007, 05:35 PM

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Dec 9 2007, 06:03 PM
Post #43

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE(moscow bear @ Dec 9 2007, 05:19 PM) [snapback]369642[/snapback]
I actually think that Paul Williams has the lowest chace of beating PBF. I think their fight would be the 147lbs version of PBF-Ndou at 130, with Floyds power and accuracy being just too much for Williams.

Finally...someone else who also thinks PBF would have the least trouble with Paul. Floyd would also make Margarito look silly in there. Cotto is definately his sturnest challenge right now, but PBF will outbox him in a very competetive fight.

+Quote Post
dbdbdb
post Dec 9 2007, 08:32 PM
Post #44

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 4,102

In spite of the fact that this is the fight that the true boxing fans want to see. It won't happen.

The next fight for Floyd is Mosley ........... Before the end of 2008. I'm going to mark this post because I'm predicting the future. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
BrutalBodyShots
post Dec 9 2007, 08:52 PM
Post #45

ON the edge

Member No.: 240

A Mosley win for Floyd wouldn't do anything to enhance Mayweather's legacy, so I think he should stay away from that. Mayweather should fight the man on the winning side of Mosley-Cotto, not the loser. Had Mosley won that fight of course Mayweather-Mosley would make sense, but at this point it doesn't.

+Quote Post
and the NEW
post Dec 10 2007, 12:18 AM
Post #46

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 333

I think Mosley is the man to trouble Floyd, the loopy right, MAY be able to go over that shoulder at times and his jab is very good, not to mention, his arms are LOOOONNNGGGGGG, it will give Mayweather some problems.

I dont think Cotto can beat Mayweather, just too methodical and predictable, Mayweather will adapt to him, tie him up on the inside, move and pot shot! Though, Cotto would give him a tough fight, but then again, I thought both Corrales and Hatton would also!

Undecided on Williams still, while I do think he is a very good welter and will give any of the top guys a LOT of problems and could potentially beat them, Im not sure how he would go against the likes of Mayweather.

This post has been edited by and the NEW: Dec 10 2007, 12:21 AM

+Quote Post
The Ring Dictato...
post Dec 10 2007, 07:02 AM
Post #47

Strawweight

Member No.: 5,668

QUOTE(and the NEW @ Dec 10 2007, 06:18 AM) [snapback]369712[/snapback]
Undecided on Williams still, while I do think he is a very good welter and will give any of the top guys a LOT of problems and could potentially beat them, Im not sure how he would go against the likes of Mayweather.

Maybe Paul "The Punisher" Williams should get a bit more experience at the big stage before he fights someone like Mayweather jr. But there is no doubt in my mind that he is the fighter that would cause the most difficulties for Mayweather jr. Not Cotto! Not Margarito! or Mosley!

Don't get me wrong.... I'm not saying Williams would dominate Cotto or anything like that. It's a different story... But I do believe Mayweather jr. would feel most uncomfortable in the ring with Williams, and that the outcome of that fight would be much more uncertain than with any of the other fighters (above). I would love to see them in the same ring.

You were probably referring to Mayweathers personality when you, in another post, said he is one of the "strangest" talents to grace the sport(?), but speaking about strange... Williams! That dude is beyond strange. And a very welcomed freak in the sport (we miss you Hearns). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
BigG
post Dec 10 2007, 07:31 AM
Post #48

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

I think Cotto and Williams are the two guys that will give Floyd trouble. Maybe Mosley too...but Mosley might get outboxed by Floyd who is actually quicker. Plus Mosley gets hit alot with rights. I could see Floyd tagging him all night. But he definitely doesn't get stopped.

+Quote Post
ROLL DEEP
post Dec 10 2007, 08:07 AM
Post #49

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,301

Cotto or Mosely for me.

Either of those would be great...preferably Cotto though.

+Quote Post
PUERTOROCKS
post Dec 10 2007, 09:35 AM
Post #50

Flyweight

Member No.: 1,263

http://youtube.com/watch?v=y3mTLmydh6U

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 03:44 PM