IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather VS Cotto, who wins and why?
kidbazooka1
post Dec 10 2007, 09:09 PM
Post #61

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,319

The obviouse pick here would be Floyd but I gove Cotto a real good chance at beating him. Like a prime Castillo Cotto is an aggressive heavy puncher and an animal at pounding the body. I can see him fighting a Castillo type fight(1st fight ofcourse)and pulling off a win but I wounldn't bet on it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Douchebag
post Dec 10 2007, 09:17 PM
Post #62

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,400

QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Dec 10 2007, 09:09 PM) [snapback]369899[/snapback]
The obviouse pick here would be Floyd but I gove Cotto a real good chance at beating him. Like a prime Castillo Cotto is an aggressive heavy puncher and an animal at pounding the body. I can see him fighting a Castillo type fight(1st fight ofcourse)and pulling off a win but I wounldn't bet on it.

I'm with you on this one I think Cotto is just crafty enough with his aggresive style pull off the upset. He can definitely land some clean shots when goes southpaw and thats better then 80% of comp that floyd has faced right there. The reason why I say that is because he doesn't stay southpaw for too long but he does fight out of it and it would give Floyd look that he is not used to. It very hard to prepare for some one with that ability.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Dec 10 2007, 09:38 PM
Post #63

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

I think Cotto could beat Mayweather 1, maybe 2 times out of 10.

Mayweather would simply outbox him like he did DLH. I see it being a clear 8-4 type fight.

Saturday's performance reminded us that Floyd has a fucking arsenal of plans and skills at his disposal...and power to boot.

Cotto is a beast, but Mayweather has the tranquilizer.

This post has been edited by The C.E.O.: Dec 10 2007, 09:39 PM

+Quote Post
JD
post Dec 10 2007, 09:41 PM
Post #64

First Ballot

Member No.: 1,262

QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Dec 10 2007, 09:38 PM) [snapback]369903[/snapback]

Mayweather would simply outbox him like he did DLH. I see it being a clear 8-4 type fight.

Saturday's performance reminded us that Floyd has a fucking arsenal of plans and skills at his disposal...and power to boot.

Size IS going to matter against Floyd, Cotto is just not a big welter.

+Quote Post
torvix2000
post Dec 10 2007, 09:44 PM
Post #65

BANNED IN THE USA

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,018

Mayweather has had a lot of tactical boxing education for quite a while. He's learned a lot from DLH, Judah, Hatton, etc. When I said tactical it means that he's studying how to nullify different strengths of opponents by not facing someone who owns all of those strengths. By the time he faces Cotto, he knows how to nullify all of Cotto's strengths.

+Quote Post
Douchebag
post Dec 10 2007, 09:47 PM
Post #66

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 6,400

QUOTE(JD @ Dec 10 2007, 09:41 PM) [snapback]369904[/snapback]
Size IS going to matter against Floyd, Cotto is just not a big welter.

When you size do you mean height? Because size as in mass and build Cotto is very big welterweight and that is what he uses to win fights.

+Quote Post
JD
post Dec 10 2007, 10:00 PM
Post #67

First Ballot

Member No.: 1,262

QUOTE(The Conscience @ Dec 10 2007, 09:47 PM) [snapback]369908[/snapback]
When you size do you mean height? Because size as in mass and build Cotto is very big welterweight and that is what he uses to win fights.

I mean physical size...height...reach, BMI does not mean anything to me here...and I would not consider Cotto to be a "very big" welterweight at all. Margarito, Paul Williams, Joshua Clottey, Kermit Cintron...those are big welters.

Cotto is extremely skilled, likely moreso than any of the aforementioned...he is just not all that large, especially compared to the other top welters.

+Quote Post
rusty_trombone
post Dec 10 2007, 10:33 PM
Post #68

Cerebral Ape

Member No.: 5,390

QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Dec 10 2007, 09:38 PM) [snapback]369903[/snapback]

I agree with this, I think all the conditions would have to be perfect, and Floyd has the flu, and Cotto wins. Maybe 1 time out of 10.

The thing with Floyd is that he makes easy work out of everybody, much like PR316 said about Roy. I really think Floyd, if he beats Cotto, cements himself as a legend in boxing.

+Quote Post
singletrack
post Dec 10 2007, 11:31 PM
Post #69

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 5,671

QUOTE(JD @ Dec 9 2007, 09:53 AM) [snapback]369485[/snapback]
Mayweather beats Cotto and does so easier than he did Hatton in my opinion.

Cotto cannot close the distance like Hatton can, and though whatever Cotto lands will do a lot more damage - he won't land, and he will get hurt. Williams or Margarito are better fights because of their workrate, size and stamina...Williams presents more problems with his reach, height, and boxing ability; Margarito presents more problems with aggression, power and physicality.

Skillwise, Cotto is better than Williams or Margarito...but I think the size factor will come into play bigtime. I hope I am wrong, and know I will be pysched if Floyd does fight him, but I have my concerns.

Easier than Hatton is a JOKE of a statement man, and I typically respect your opinion. Hatton RAN in, taking shots with no jab and wild hooks (maybe landed 2 or 3?); comparing him to Cotto is absurd. Of course he gets in quickly - he barely defends himself!

PBF will beat Margarito easily IMO - sticking and moving for 12 rounds. Margarito cannot adapt; Floyd can.

Williams would be tough for Mayweather, but it will never happen. I heard they sucked the marrow out of his bones so he can make weight <wink wink>

I really think Cotto will be one of the greatest Puerto Rican fighters of all time. I've never really said that, but always hoped for it. I think with what I've seen from him to date, and especially lately, he has the opportunity to make it a reality. Honestly though, he could lose to Floyd and STILL be one of the greatest of all time.

+Quote Post
singletrack
post Dec 10 2007, 11:42 PM
Post #70

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 5,671

QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Dec 10 2007, 09:02 PM) [snapback]369895[/snapback]
In this fight, I saw a level of toughness and ferocity in Mayweather that I havent seen since the Chico fight. He genuinely wanted to kick Hatton's ass. There was a time that I thought Cotto would beat him up. Not anymore. I think Floyd gives Cotto a beating. Floyd showed he's tough and got a little mean in him. I still dont think he beats Williams, or Margarito because they would hit him too much. I think Floyd can Handle Cintron as well. I just see so many possibilities at WW. They probably wont happen though...

I sincerely hope Floyd goes crazy and believes he can stand in there with Cotto like he did Hatton. Cotto will punish him severely. Unfortunately Floyd knows that gameplan is not the right recipe. He probably learned a ton from watching Cotto fight Mosley, and I'm sure he has no "one plan" to beat him. This will be a fight in which the man that adapts best will win. They BOTH do things that can cause the other problems...severe problems.

Floyd beat a good, tough, but one-dimensional junior welterweight. He did all the right things, but I don't think it tells us a thing about how a Cotto fight would go. Despite what Floyd may have said after the fight, he thinks Hatton is junk. I know he does, because I think that and Floyd is Floyd. If he continues to discredit Hatton, then it makes his fight meaningless. He did the same thing after the Gatti fight and that was the most one sided fight in the history of boxing. Brits should be proud of Hatton - he has a huge heart, decent ability, and he is a genuine person.

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 06:06 AM