IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather VS Cotto, who wins and why?
xxxxxx
post Dec 9 2007, 04:03 AM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,559

It's early to start talking about this fight, but I think it's safe to say this is the fight to make at Welterweight.I know Mayweather wants a break and he deserves it, but now is the time to make these fights when he's still at peak level.If these two superstars fought it could unify the WBC,WBA & RING Titles which would be something neither man has done.Also, Mayweather wouldn't have to work with Golden Boy on this one either.He could get back at Arum for all the negative things he has said about Floyd.Personally, I think Floyd should take this fight in 2008.It would advance his Legacy even further and it's a fight he can win and look good.Cotto has improved, but so has Mayweather over the years.I think Mayweathers defense and skills would take him to a decision victory.Cotto can be hit often if the right gameplan is put in place.I believe Mayweather is still very quick and has the experience advantage over Cotto.This fight would sell and possibly be an instant classic.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigG
post Dec 9 2007, 05:50 AM
Post #2

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

Hmmm...Cotto will give Floyd fits. Why? Because Cotto is an animal. He is a better boxer then Hatton for sure (I mean, CERTAINLY more polished), he has really heavy hands, he is a brutal body puncher. Floyd might be too good for everyone (seriously, who beats him) but if Cotto got Floyd against the ropes, I think he punishes the body. But Floyd would probably win in the end, but Cotto would hand him the worst beating of his career.

I mean, as tough as Ricky is, the guy just has little to no defense at times. Collazo couldnt miss him hooks and Floyd couldnt as well. Cotto applies steady pressure, attacks the body brutally. I think this is Mayweatehrs toguhest fight.

+Quote Post
ROLL DEEP
post Dec 9 2007, 05:55 AM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,301

This is the only fight I want to see Floyd in.

I think PBF wins. As good as Cotto is, Mayweather is on another level. Cotto has good offensive skills, does everything well, but Floyds speed, footwork and defence will make sure he pot shots his way to a victory.

He'll probably manage to catch Cotto with a few blistering combo's and end up winning on points.

Cotto won't bull forward in the same manner Hatton did, but be more controlled and will cover up better, but Floyd will still find his range, find his target and win.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Dec 9 2007, 06:25 AM
Post #4

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

Cotto will give Mayweather his hardest fight to date but will still come up short IMO.

+Quote Post
Douchebag
post Dec 9 2007, 08:46 AM
Post #5

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 6,400

I think Cotto can beat him. In a fight against Mayweather Cotto biggest advantage would be his size. We have already seen that mayweather will let his opponents put him in a corner and if he does that against Cotto he will get punished. I know that he fougnt Oscar and that was his gameplan but Cotto is a different animal all-together. Cotto can apply slow steady pressure and has the size and strength to control Floyd when he has him against the ropes. Cotto also has the skill to change his gameplan up enough to keep Mayweather guessing. I think Cotto would win buy Split decision.

+Quote Post
salvador
post Dec 9 2007, 08:53 AM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,307

Cotto doesn't have the footwork to get inside. Floyd would pick him off with straight rights and jabs all night like he did with Hatton.

There are only two guys at ww who could give Floyd a run for his money: Williams and Margarito.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Dec 9 2007, 08:57 AM
Post #7

Choppin Headz Boi!

I think Margarito is really too slow for Floyd....Cotto has quicker hands then Marg.

+Quote Post
moscow bear
post Dec 9 2007, 09:03 AM
Post #8

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 189

QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 9 2007, 11:50 AM) [snapback]369425[/snapback]
Hmmm...Cotto will give Floyd fits. Why? Because Cotto is an animal. He is a better boxer then Hatton for sure (I mean, CERTAINLY more polished), he has really heavy hands, he is a brutal body puncher. Floyd might be too good for everyone (seriously, who beats him) but if Cotto got Floyd against the ropes, I think he punishes the body. But Floyd would probably win in the end, but Cotto would hand him the worst beating of his career.

I mean, as tough as Ricky is, the guy just has little to no defense at times. Collazo couldnt miss him hooks and Floyd couldnt as well. Cotto applies steady pressure, attacks the body brutally. I think this is Mayweatehrs toguhest fight.

WTF.... 2 weeks ago you went on record saying that Cotto would walk through BOTH Floyd and Hatton.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Dec 9 2007, 09:04 AM
Post #9

Choppin Headz Boi!

Can you please show me the post? I honestly dont ever renenver saying Cotto would walk right through Floyd and beat him..however I did say that he would give Floyd HELL in the COtto-Mosley thread. I said that sooner or later the pressure would get to Floyd and would really bother him and I still stand by that prediction. However I can see Floyd taking it...like he did in the 2nd Castillo fight. Tough but clear. Wouldn't rule out a Cotto win.

But did Floyd really looked sharp and impressive against Ricky and you might have to give him the edge for Cotto...he probably would outbox him in enough rounds...thats the best fight in boxing.

+Quote Post
salvador
post Dec 9 2007, 09:04 AM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,307

Yeah, but Margarito is 4 inches taller than Cotto and has a 5" reach advantage over Cotto and throws more punches than Cotto. Cotto is only 5'7" and I really don't think any fighter smaller than Floyd could beat him. Floyd had no trouble catching Hatton and he wouldn't have any problems catching Cotto. Margarito is probably too slow for Floyd, but I'd give him a better shot than I would Cotto.

+Quote Post

15 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 09:20 AM