IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> JCC vs PBF
Maxy
post Dec 11 2007, 10:52 AM
Post #1

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,443

I've been watching a lot of my old Chavez tapes recently and I just wondered what people think the outcome would be if he were to box Mayweather at 135? Obviously Chavez could be outboxed, but at his ruthless best he would walk through anything Floyd threw at him and he would use are far better controlled aggression than anyone Mayweather has ever boxed. Would Chavez be able to beat Floyd?

Thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Dec 11 2007, 11:04 AM
Post #2

SKULLSPLITTER

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,665

If Roger Mayweather couldn't beat Chavez, no one can...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Seriously...I've never been that big on Chavez...mainly because of the gimmies in Mexico...but he WAS the real deal.

As usual though...I like the boxer over the puncher in this matchup...

Mayweather wins 8 out of 10 times....UDs and cut stoppages.

+Quote Post
PR316
post Dec 11 2007, 11:06 AM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 107

Obviously most would look at the fight with Castillo and point out that Mayweather would lose. However, I honestly believe that at Mayweather's absolute BEST, his skill and smarts lead him to a win. Floyd doesn't care about the crowd. He'll jab, counter, and move ALL NIGHT if he has to. Chavez will have his moments of putting Mayweather on the ropes and all, but I think even Julio would be surprised at Floyd's strength in close quarters. And Mayweather knows when to clinch(A must against Chavez).

Its a tough fight. I think Chavez wins some rounds. But I think Mayweather rises to the occasion and avoids enough contact all the while dishing out enough to earn him a competitive but deserved decision win.

Chavez does not get a rematch.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Dec 11 2007, 07:30 PM
Post #4

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

Gotta go with Floyd by decision.

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Dec 11 2007, 07:31 PM
Post #5

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

Floyd by 12th rd tko

+Quote Post
and the NEW
post Dec 12 2007, 01:43 AM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 333

Floyd by decision.

While I do think Chavez was a great fighter and loved watching him at his ruthless best, he was a bit overrated I beleive. One of the best lightweights out there, but there are several who were better and I would say Floyd is one of those.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Dec 12 2007, 11:39 AM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,319

Mayweather beat Corrales who was a real good fighter but had a glass jaw and never used his height to his advantage. Castillo a borderline great fighter who beat floyd in the 1st fight but lost the return bout was IMO Floyd best win of his career. Gatti, Hatton and DLH(who some felt won the fight)are not realy great wins especialy since DLH no longer has the legs to go 12 hard rds and even at that Mayweather was barely able to squeak by him. All of the fighters mentioned are no where near the level of a prime Chavez.

Like another poster already mentioned Castillo gave Mayweather all he could handle and arguably beat him. Castillo is no where near the level of fighter Chavez was everything Castillo could do Julio could do it much better.

I see Chavez having trouble with Floyd early on but eventualy his agression and body punching would get to him. Mayweather also likes to mix it in on the inside every now and then which he would pay a big price for with a prime Chavez. Lightweight Chavez was also great at cutting off the ring and was extremly accurate.

The only way to beat Mayweather is with controled agression and thats exactly what Chavez was best at.

Chavez by late rd stoppage or UD.

This post has been edited by kidbazooka1: Dec 12 2007, 12:17 PM

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Dec 12 2007, 11:54 AM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

QUOTE(xxxxxx @ Dec 11 2007, 08:31 PM) [snapback]370070[/snapback]
Floyd by 12th rd tko

Are you seriouse?

+Quote Post
and the NEW
post Dec 12 2007, 08:28 PM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 333

QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Dec 12 2007, 04:39 PM) [snapback]370129[/snapback]
Chavez by late rd stoppage

Are you serious?

Chavez was beaten convincingly by Whitaker (some say past his prime, but still close to it). He also lost in Mexico and had the decision reversed on his record.

Who did Chavez beat the level of Mayweather? The closest one he fought was Whitaker, and he was handled!

I think a welter DLH, is a much tougher proposition than a lightweight Chavez.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Dec 12 2007, 08:58 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

QUOTE(and the NEW @ Dec 12 2007, 09:28 PM) [snapback]370216[/snapback]
Are you serious?

Chavez was beaten convincingly by Whitaker (some say past his prime, but still close to it). He also lost in Mexico and had the decision reversed on his record.

Who did Chavez beat the level of Mayweather? The closest one he fought was Whitaker, and he was handled!

I think a welter DLH, is a much tougher proposition than a lightweight Chavez.

Chavez beat Ramirez, Rosario, Mayweather, Taylor, Camacho and Haugen IMO those are better wins than a one dimensional Corrales, 100 yr old Gatti, past his prime DLH and Hatton.

I know Chavez is not very well appreciated in these forums so I don't take too seriousley what many think about him or who he would beat in fantasy matches.

Like the fella who said Mayweather would stop Chavez. Obviousley he must have only seen a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay past his prime Chavez because if he saw Chavez in his hay day he would know that Julio had extremly tought skin and never realy cut in his prime.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 12:31 AM