IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> It's On! Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott, Feb. 16th on Showtime!
ElectricTwinkie
post Jan 16 2008, 11:48 AM
Post #31

Super Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,717

QUOTE(TheWhiteBuffalo @ Jan 16 2008, 11:27 AM) [snapback]374935[/snapback]
Hey ET,

If you notice in that clip of Kimbo vs. Mercer, at no point in time did Kimbo have control over Ray. Mercer could roll, stand up, and pretty much move anywhere he wanted. Kimbo's choke was an impressive surprise, but I clearly notice how Kimbo did not control the fight on the ground. If a severely limited Mercer can throw Kimbo off, surely Tank has the skill to gain control and Ground -n- Pound redneck style! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drinks.gif)

very true. I don't think Mercer understood the "groundfighting game" and Kimbo still looked like a flounder caught between a laffy taffy and paperclip factory. Bas must be very proud of his student. With Tank's experience on the canvas, he'll give Kimbo fits trying to control him.

just because Tank doesn't like being on the ground doesn't mean he can't understand how it works.

I will be hoping to see a slugfest! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup_anim.gif)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheWhiteBuffalo
post Jan 16 2008, 11:13 PM
Post #32

All Hail The Buffalo

Member No.: 2,298

And either way, win or lose, we get to hear the greatest line in all of MMA......

"When I lose, I go out for a beer, and the guy that beats me goes to the hospital". - Tank Abbott

+Quote Post
TheWhiteBuffalo
post Jan 16 2008, 11:50 PM
Post #33

All Hail The Buffalo

This was posted on the net showing Kimbo's last fight. It is DEAD ON and shows what a fake Kimbo really is. Watch the .gif several times:

(IMG:http://www.fightreport.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/kimbo-slice_bo-cantrell.gif)

http://www.fightreport.net/wp-content/uplo...bo-cantrell.gif

1. The first uppercut that everyone thought "rocked" Bo, hit him in the armpit. His shoulder was fine and no injuries have been reported.

2. The next punch hit him in the upper chest, Kimbos upper forearm hit Bo in the head.

3. The elbow that everyone said put him on the floor grazed his head. If you look at the GIF you can see his head barely even flinches when he is hit. It does not jerk towards the side or forwards. If a hard elbow like that really hit flush the persons head would bounce around a bit or at least jerk towards the oposite direction from the impact.

4. You can also see he put up no defense and did not try to protect himself from the eblow. Kimbo had all day to set it up.

5. Once the elbow landed Bo then dived on the matt and started tapping.

6. Bo was then hit in the back of the head as Kimbo pounced on him causing his face to bounce off the mat and put a red mark on his head. (not really Kimbos fault, he was following up).

7. Bo was not rocked. He had no cuts on him. He had almost no bruising. He was not injured.

Bo Cantrell simply did not want to be in there. He took the fight for the payday and probably knew himself he was going to throw the fight so he could get out as soon as possible. This is not Kimbos fault. If anything it cheats Kimbo from really proving himself. However all of the fanboys who say Kimbo is a monster and could knock out anyone in the HW division need to really shut up. Kimbo still has a lot to prove. It's a shame Bo went out like such a bitch. Kimbo is not "legit" yet. Hopefully they put him in there with Silva so we can see a good fight.

edit in: Oh and about the elbow.

If the Elbow landed flush on the side of his head to do enough damange to put him down, he would have at least a bruise. The side of Bo's head was not even red let alone bruised. Sorry but if you really get eblowed in the head by a 240 pound man, you will show visible damage from it.

+Quote Post
streetlion1
post Jan 17 2008, 12:54 AM
Post #34

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 6,534

QUOTE(TheWhiteBuffalo @ Jan 16 2008, 10:27 AM) [snapback]374935[/snapback]
Hey ET,

If you notice in that clip of Kimbo vs. Mercer, at no point in time did Kimbo have control over Ray. Mercer could roll, stand up, and pretty much move anywhere he wanted. Kimbo's choke was an impressive surprise, but I clearly notice how Kimbo did not control the fight on the ground. If a severely limited Mercer can throw Kimbo off, surely Tank has the skill to gain control and Ground -n- Pound redneck style! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drinks.gif)

Slice has more power...more quickness...youth on his side....now his ground game might of looked rusty but what do you expect from a guy who is basically an MMA rookie? He is only gonna get better...while Tanks retirement is gonna turn into a nursing home stay! I see him winning via K.O... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/black eye.gif) his lame redneck ass is gonna need all the beer he can get! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/black eye.gif)

This post has been edited by streetlion1: Jan 17 2008, 12:55 AM

+Quote Post
TheWhiteBuffalo
post Jan 17 2008, 01:36 AM
Post #35

All Hail The Buffalo

QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Jan 17 2008, 12:54 AM) [snapback]375011[/snapback]
Slice has more power...more quickness...youth on his side....now his ground game might of looked rusty but what do you expect from a guy who is basically an MMA rookie? He is only gonna get better...while Tanks retirement is gonna turn into a nursing home stay! I see him winning via K.O... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/black eye.gif) his lame redneck ass is gonna need all the beer he can get! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/black eye.gif)

More power?? LOL.....that is funny. Kimbo is 33, so we are not talking a "spring chicken" here either.

After the smoke clears, that beer drinkin' redneck will show the world how a "haymaker" can change everything.

+Quote Post
Southeastpaw
post Jan 17 2008, 10:37 AM
Post #36

The Analyst

Member No.: 166

QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Jan 17 2008, 12:54 AM) [snapback]375011[/snapback]

I'm not sure how you can say that Kimbo has more power. I have seen many of Kimbo's internet fights and he does cut people up badly, but how often had he knocked someone out cold? Also I remember Kimbo getting floored by a very fat bouncer whose punch did not look all that powerful. Of course Kimbo got back up to win, but if that guy could floor Kimbo, I am positive Tank could with much more authority if he lands clean. While I am picking Kimbo to win, if Tank lands first and clean, Kimbo will go down. But I do feel that Kimbo is faster and sharper and will land first. That is why I have him to win. However, if Kimbo lands and it has little affect on Tank at first and Tank lands clean after, we most likely will see Kimbo laying on his back eating some bombs.

+Quote Post
streetlion1
post Jan 18 2008, 06:08 PM
Post #37

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Jan 17 2008, 09:37 AM) [snapback]375053[/snapback]
I'm not sure how you can say that Kimbo has more power. I have seen many of Kimbo's internet fights and he does cut people up badly, but how often had he knocked someone out cold? Also I remember Kimbo getting floored by a very fat bouncer whose punch did not look all that powerful. Of course Kimbo got back up to win, but if that guy could floor Kimbo, I am positive Tank could with much more authority if he lands clean. While I am picking Kimbo to win, if Tank lands first and clean, Kimbo will go down. But I do feel that Kimbo is faster and sharper and will land first. That is why I have him to win. However, if Kimbo lands and it has little affect on Tank at first and Tank lands clean after, we most likely will see Kimbo laying on his back eating some bombs.

Tank land first? No way is Kimbo just gonna stand back and trade shots...he is gonna move quick on the inside..short powerful hooks...Tank isnt gonna be fast enough to land a clean blow unless some how he ends up on top of Slice. I think its over Tank KOed in 1st round!

+Quote Post
ElectricTwinkie
post Jan 21 2008, 10:09 AM
Post #38

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 5,717

QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Jan 18 2008, 06:08 PM) [snapback]375302[/snapback]
Tank land first? No way is Kimbo just gonna stand back and trade shots...he is gonna move quick on the inside..short powerful hooks...Tank isnt gonna be fast enough to land a clean blow unless some how he ends up on top of Slice. I think its over Tank KOed in 1st round!

Stand back? That's not Kimbo's style at all. He's going to come out swinging, Tank is going to come out swinging and they'll meet in the middle of the cage with a thud. Much like Chester Cheetah and The Rice Krispies Hamster incident of 1976.

It will be interesting to see in the flurry of punches who steps back first. Tank has no reverse gear on his wheelchair but has nothing to lose and everything to gain. All the pressure is on Kimbo!

+Quote Post
TheWhiteBuffalo
post Jan 21 2008, 02:10 PM
Post #39

All Hail The Buffalo

QUOTE(ElectricTwinkie @ Jan 21 2008, 10:09 AM) [snapback]375869[/snapback]
Stand back? That's not Kimbo's style at all. He's going to come out swinging, Tank is going to come out swinging and they'll meet in the middle of the cage with a thud. Much like Chester Cheetah and The Rice Krispies Hamster incident of 1976.

It will be interesting to see in the flurry of punches who steps back first. Tank has no reverse gear on his wheelchair but has nothing to lose and everything to gain. All the pressure is on Kimbo!

LOL!!!!!!!! ET, finally someone on these damn boards that has a pulse!!!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drinks.gif)

+Quote Post
streetlion1
post Jan 21 2008, 02:48 PM
Post #40

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE(ElectricTwinkie @ Jan 21 2008, 09:09 AM) [snapback]375869[/snapback]

re-read what I put down....I didnt say Kimbo would stand back...I said he wouldnt stand back

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 04:18 AM