IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Paul Williams....., who is gonna beat this guy? How far can he go?
BrutalBodyShots
post Jan 20 2008, 08:55 PM
Post #61

ON the edge

Group: Members
Member No.: 240

QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Jan 20 2008, 08:04 PM) [snapback]375816[/snapback]
Ruiz's output level was dropped because Ruiz throws half of his punches while he is mauling his opponent, which he was not allowed to do in the Jones bout.

That's not really accurate because Ruiz got off more punches in the early rounds than he did in the later rounds. If his output was consistent in the fight I would agree with your point. The only variable that changed to cause Ruiz to become more tentative as the fight progressed was Jones' quick shots.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stateofthegame
post Jan 20 2008, 08:56 PM
Post #62

Lightweight

Member No.: 280

I am not real high on Williams as of yet. I think he is good and poses problems for anyone. I think his size gives him the advantage over Mayweather, but I think that Cotto beats him, but him and Cotto are the two best at 47.

Floyd is not going to fight anyone. He calls himself "Money" for a reason. He made a killing off of Oscar the first time, and he only made a killing off of Hatton because of the Brits and everyone ordering the PPV hoping Hatton was going to knock him on his ass.

Now that the Hatton fight is over, the fans want Mayweather the fight Williams or Cotto, but instead Mayweather says he will take two years off, and now all of the sudden he is going to fight Oscar again in September because he knows if it is for money than Oscar is the only one that is going to bring him the money he desires.

+Quote Post
streetlion1
post Jan 23 2008, 12:43 PM
Post #63

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 6,534

QUOTE(stateofthegame @ Jan 20 2008, 07:56 PM) [snapback]375828[/snapback]
I am not real high on Williams as of yet. I think he is good and poses problems for anyone. I think his size gives him the advantage over Mayweather, but I think that Cotto beats him, but him and Cotto are the two best at 47.

Floyd is not going to fight anyone. He calls himself "Money" for a reason. He made a killing off of Oscar the first time, and he only made a killing off of Hatton because of the Brits and everyone ordering the PPV hoping Hatton was going to knock him on his ass.

Now that the Hatton fight is over, the fans want Mayweather the fight Williams or Cotto, but instead Mayweather says he will take two years off, and now all of the sudden he is going to fight Oscar again in September because he knows if it is for money than Oscar is the only one that is going to bring him the money he desires.

Agreed! Translation= PBF is a coward! Its funny how he waits until he is around all this talent and he is in his prime to start this nothing more to prove B.S. He has everything to prove at 147!! He isnt the best in the division! I put PW, Cotto, and Mosley ahead of him at this point...until he fights someone! I see PW as one of the future stars in boxing...but not at 147. If him and Cotto ever fight I think depending on how that fight goes he'll be ready to move up not long after if he cant get PBF to step in with him.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 03:16 PM