Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jeff Wald GOES OFF on Greg Leon, Wow!
Guest_Warlord_*
post Jan 15 2008, 01:18 AM
Post #1

Guests

Never heard of this guy before, but apparantly he's an executive producer for The Contender, and he's apparantly a little pissed at our boy Gregory for his premature Contender results, it would seem. Funny as shit. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content1702.html

This post has been edited by thehype: Jan 15 2008, 01:30 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mino
post Jan 15 2008, 02:15 AM
Post #2

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Warlord @ Jan 15 2008, 01:18 AM) [snapback]374812[/snapback]
Never heard of this guy before, but apparantly he's an executive producer for The Contender, and he's apparantly a little pissed at our boy Gregory for his premature Contender results, it would seem. Funny as shit. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content1702.html

I agree that Leon has some serious issues, but I just read that interview and I dont see what the big deal is, Cintron is trying to get a big figth for some money and there is nothing wrong with that, and he was telling the truth..There is not 1 person here that would rathher see Cotto Gomez rather than Cotto Cintron so that guy should really pipe down

+Quote Post
moscow bear
post Jan 15 2008, 03:50 AM
Post #3

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 189

leon is an ignorant loser. fuck him

+Quote Post
gods son
post Jan 15 2008, 05:46 AM
Post #4

Featherweight

Member No.: 5,887

That contender dude came off too sensitive, he must want that big fight pay cut badly!

+Quote Post
easywork
post Jan 15 2008, 10:51 AM
Post #5

Amateur

Member No.: 6,491

QUOTE(Mino @ Jan 15 2008, 02:15 AM) [snapback]374817[/snapback]
I agree that Leon has some serious issues, but I just read that interview and I dont see what the big deal is, Cintron is trying to get a big figth for some money and there is nothing wrong with that, and he was telling the truth..There is not 1 person here that would rathher see Cotto Gomez rather than Cotto Cintron so that guy should really pipe down

I think he was more pissed about some recent comments made in Leon's mailbag. Personally, I'd rather see Margarito-Cintron 2. Why not let the kid have his shot? After all...Gomez is trying to get a big fight for some money too and there's nothing wrong with that...there's certainly nothing "atrocious" about it (at least not as "atrocious" as Mayweather fighting Baldomir).

+Quote Post
Chi-Town
post Jan 15 2008, 12:37 PM
Post #6

Featherweight

Member No.: 4,311

QUOTE(gods son @ Jan 15 2008, 04:46 AM) [snapback]374823[/snapback]
That contender dude came off too sensitive, he must want that big fight pay cut badly!

Exactly, he's pissed because Greg is fuckin up his money. Don't know what he's talking about as far as Greg getting credintials though...he's wearing one every time I've seen him at a fight/weigh-in.

+Quote Post
buford54
post Jan 15 2008, 01:02 PM
Post #7

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 1,990

I honestly don't see the big deal. All that Leon did was print Cintron's words. I'm sure Wald hates G anyway though, because G puts those spoilers out there without putting a spoiler alert in the title.
That is a really crummy thing to do. Borderline tabloid journalism.
G is very careful to lock his text so you can't cut and paste it, and to protect all of his interviews so that he keeps it exclusive...yet Wald is producing a show that relies on keeping people watching every week, and G goes and spoils that just to take publicity for his site. That is low. I would probably have some pent up anger towards him as well.
I'm sure the leak about the Gomez fight is just the straw that broke his back.

+Quote Post
KYLE THEEE SPINK...
post Jan 15 2008, 01:55 PM
Post #8

Welterweight

Member No.: 1,386

I really dont think this is the only thing Wald is mad at Leon about. Leon did leak the final two for the first two seasons of the Contender. He also leaked the third season as well, but so did boxingconfidential. Leon has also bashed the contender before, and maybe this was just the final straw. If Wald did file a lawsuit, I dont know how it would go, but he does have the facts that Leon leaked the contender finale before it happened. This could get interesting.
Kyle

+Quote Post
thisneverworks
post Jan 15 2008, 04:04 PM
Post #9

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 51

QUOTE(buford54 @ Jan 15 2008, 02:02 PM) [snapback]374852[/snapback]
G is very careful to lock his text so you can't cut and paste it

Sounds familiar

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Jan 15 2008, 04:37 PM
Post #10

Chief Haterizer

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 91

Does anyone actually visit Btalk anymore?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 05:03 PM