Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jeff Wald GOES OFF on Greg Leon, Wow!
Byrd Man
post Jan 15 2008, 04:39 PM
Post #11

Welterweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 6,422

I know a lot of places have that thing where you can't save pictures or you can't highlight text, but there's a simple easy way around that.

If you're in Firefox, just go into the options temporarily turn off Javascript or whatever, and then highlight the shit, and then copy it and then set the java shit back on.

Then go wherever you want and paste it.

Also about how no one respects G and he doesn't get credentials, I'm not sure how true that is. Arum supposedly was laughing about him, but he's ALWAYS doing interviews with Leon, so...*shrug*
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Byrd Man
post Jan 15 2008, 04:50 PM
Post #12

Welterweight

WALD CONTACTS BOXINGTALK TO MAKE EMPTY THREAT
By G. Leon

Moments ago, an infuriated Jeff Wald, executive producer of the Contender, contacted Boxingtalk and at the top of his lungs, threatened to sue us for "every penny you got if you ever talk about another one of my fighters again." Wald continued, "we've got deep pockets over here and I don't give a f**k who you interview, don't ever talk about another one of my fighters again." That's where I hung up on him. Fortunately for Wald, he won't have to worry because the majority of HIS fighters aren't worth mentioning. One of the few who is, Sergio Mora, will have an interview posted on Boxingtalk tomorrow, and will continued to be covered, so if Wald's bite is as loud as his bark, I guess he'll be filing a frivolous suit against Boxingtalk soon. Mr. Wald's comments obviously stem from our recent interview with IBF welterweight champion Kermit Cintron, who made it clear to the boxing world that Miguel Cotto should fight him to unify their WBA and IBF titles, as opposed to fighting Alfonso Gomez of the Contender Group. Seriously, does anybody outside of Team Gomez, including Miguel Cotto, have an opinion that differs from Cintron's? I don't. Hopefully Jeff is able to find better ways to get his name on Boxingtalk in the future, because at the end of the day in my opinion, like most of HIS fighters, HE isn't worth mentioning either.

+Quote Post
Southeastpaw
post Jan 15 2008, 04:54 PM
Post #13

The Analyst

Group: Members
Member No.: 166

LOL

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post Jan 15 2008, 10:24 PM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,333

No one wants to see Cotto fight Gomez except for Arum and the people of the Contender. Yeah Leon is an asshole, who cares? Let's ignore him if he's as bad as we think he is.

+Quote Post
WindyCityP
post Jan 15 2008, 10:47 PM
Post #15

Super Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,686

It's not just Leon Wlad snapped on for comments made about the bs fight Cotto vs Gomez. Link

This post has been edited by WindyCityP: Jan 15 2008, 10:47 PM

+Quote Post
Method
post Jan 16 2008, 10:46 AM
Post #16

Member No.: 1,253

This guy is just pissed b/c the industry is calling bullshit on these PREtenders getting title shots. They flat don't deserve them.

As for spoilers on the reality show. That's here nor there. I mean, I don't watch the Contender, but I can see where some folks, obviously ones that are producing the show, would be pissed about results being leaked, but at the same time, shouldn't they be looking for the source of the leaks? I mean, all involved are forced to sign confidentiality agreements, so who the fuck is leaking the stuff. Start with the lawsuits there, because a lawsuit against Greg for reporting what he's 'hearing' is FRIVOLOUS. Bet your ass that Mark Burnette, producer of Survivor, would have sued whoever breached the confidentiality agreements, but going after someone who has no contractual obligation not to report what he's hearing is friv.

+Quote Post
Byrd Man
post Jan 16 2008, 07:34 PM
Post #17

Welterweight

So am I to understand that Jeff Wald threatened you because you wrote something negative about one of his fighters? Based on that, should I assume he has similarly threatened every other major boxing publication currently circulating? If he can't take criticism, then I think he should have thought twice before taking the sport of boxing into the laughable reality show aesthetic. I think my grandmother could have beaten Gatti in his last fight, only she would know better than to call out Miguel Cotto. The Contender is fine. It gives young fighters solid opportunities that they would not have otherwise been presented with. But please, 1) Manfredo didn't deserve to be on a Joe Calzaghe undercard 2) Bika had already twice proven he could not compete with the best before even finding his way to the show 3) Grady Brewer....where is he? 0. When names like Manfredo or Gomez are mentioned, lets not get confused, it should be in the context of the show, not in the context of Miguel Cotto or Joe Calzaghe. And lastly, Wald says to never mention another one of his fighters again? Not too smart when the media remains their sole lifeline for hype. How else are they going to prove they belong in the ring with champions? In the ring? ~justin

Leon's Response: Jeff Wald is a tool, but one who obviously must have some kind of respect for Boxingtalk's impact, my ability to interview a fighter nobody has spoken to in a while, and my opinion in general. After all, it prompted him to call me on my cell phone cursing over it. Poor little Jeff didn't appreciate the logic behind one champion fighting the other because it would hurt his pockets, period point blank. How's that for reality?

Wasn't David Banks a fighter from "the contender"? HaHaHaHa. OOOOPPPPS, am I gonna be Sued? -Mike

Leon's Response: You might get hung over a balcony by your ankles for that one, be careful.

Jeff Wald is a typical spoiled rich man, that when things don't go his way, he tries to push people around with the, I'm rich tactic, but what he doesn't know is, that we here will unite and fight this spoiled man. Sorry if your feelings where hurt Jeff, because nobody wants to see Cotto waste one of his dates on a easy spanking session. For the safety of your fighter Alfonso Gomez, keep him away from Cotto before he gets hurt really bad, we here want to see real fights, there for Cintron and Cotto is a real fight, not a ,show up to get dismantle and pick up your last check fight with Gomez. Cotto and Cintron must fight eachother to unify the tittles and to give us a real treat of power,boxing,grit,and determination. I rather see Cotto hit the heavy bag and spar than see him hurt Gomez really bad. Jeffrey Sommers ( birthname) always wants to sue someone when they mention his name,like Luke Ford did on his website, whiner. BOXINGTALK IS KING. Cre_Ace Brooklyn.

Leon's Response: He didn't even try to talk, he called yelling and screaming. I've spoken with many people who can't stand him and think he's an obnoxious jerkoff. His phone call makes it hard for me to argue with them. Alfonso Gomez is a solid fighter and I'd love to see him matched with somebody like Andre Berto.

This post has been edited by Byrd Man: Jan 16 2008, 07:37 PM

+Quote Post
thehype
post Jan 16 2008, 10:49 PM
Post #18

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

(IMG:http://www.fighthype.com/woooooooo/waaaaaa.jpg)

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Jan 17 2008, 12:57 AM
Post #19

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 17 2008, 04:28 AM) [snapback]375001[/snapback]
Haha, I always laugh at that photoshop of Cuntron. Very nice (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Cuntron (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) .

BTW "It pays to be a member" guys (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) .

+Quote Post
Method
post Jan 17 2008, 06:46 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 1,253

If Wald did file a lawsuit, I dont know how it would go, but he does have the facts that Leon leaked the contender finale before it happened

I'll tell you exactly how it would go...IT WOULD GET LAUGHED OUT OF COURT!

The only law suit having any merit would be the execs of The Contender vs Whoever breached their confidentiality agreements by leaking the info to Greg (and anyone else). Greg has no affiliation whatsoever with the Contender series, and is bound by no confidentiality contract. Any source of the info, would be. They leak to him. He does what he does - reports it. Nothing to sue over.

After reading Windy City's link to boxingconfidential and the SAME Wlad calling them up and bitching at them, saying basically the same shit - I mean, this guy seems like a little bitch. He goes out of his way to contact these sights directly, and then, in the same breath, turns around and talks about how nobody listens to them and how inconsequential to the sport they are. Well, if you really believe that, why are your feathers so ruffled over the comments. Obviously thios guy reads it and cares if he's on the horn with the sites the day they print the stories.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 07:44 PM