Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jeff Wald GOES OFF on Greg Leon, Wow!
MarzB
post Jan 17 2008, 09:43 AM
Post #21

Junior Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,494

Greg is getting way too full of himself but here he has a point. I didn't care for him leaking the Contender results because while I know that most of the boxers are average (and I can't stand that punk azz Mora from season one. Please someone knock him the fuk out a'la Banks..) I do think the success of the show is important to getting boxing back in the mainstream (although that'll never happen again at this rate)..

That said, Greg was right on this one but as mentioned, I'm sure this stems from all the other previous things. My problem with Greg though is that (and I have no proof of this just a feeling) him leaking results is probably his way to spite THE CONTENDER for probably not granting him something. He's kissed way too much lesser quality ass (ie, EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with MONTE BARRET?? WTF) for me not to believe otherwise..

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Big Slim Sweet
post Jan 17 2008, 10:33 AM
Post #22

Bourbon County Stout

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,759

QUOTE(MarzB @ Jan 17 2008, 10:43 AM) [snapback]375036[/snapback]
My problem with Greg though is that (and I have no proof of this just a feeling) him leaking results is probably his way to spite THE CONTENDER for probably not granting him something. He's kissed way too much lesser quality ass (ie, EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with MONTE BARRET?? WTF) for me not to believe otherwise..

Ha! So true. I have that feeling as well. If a fighter or promoter talks to Greg, if they grant him "exclusive" interviews, he props them up endlessly. If they don't, he trashes them.

Greg always seemed like a first class prick, but you can't sue the man for that.

+Quote Post
Byrd Man
post Jan 17 2008, 03:42 PM
Post #23

Welterweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 6,422

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND it continues...

He should just let it go....I realize people are gonna continue to write about this and continue to kiss his ass to get into the mailbag, but he should just let it go...

G, Jeff Wald said he would sue you for every penny if you ever mention one of his fighters again, Is this guy serious, what is he going to sue for Slander, by telling the truth that no one wants to see Cotto fight Gomez when Cintron, Clottey, Williams, and Margarito are out there, is he gonna sue you for Defamation of Character for his fighters, no, that was done by Sergio opting not to fight Taylor when he had the chance because of THE VENUE THAT THE CHAMPION, I REPEAT, CHAMPION PICKED. Look G there is a reason the show is called the CONTENDER because thatís all they are, lol, never CHAMPIONS, they are a bunch of chumps and pions put together, they are CHUMPIONS G, the only fighter I like is Gomez, the other fighters were already on the scene b4 the contender like forbes, corrington, and bika, so who have they made a star G, look in the mirror Mr. Wald, sue your fucking self for being an asshole, G you were much to pleasant to his azz for calling on your phone with the rah-rah, huh, a G what do you think would happen if you really started to criticize the show every other day, eventually people might start to listen, this is an opinion based theme here, there record speaks for itself, K9 got banged out, banks did the bankhead, Mora snaked away, and Manfredo is somehow still getting fights after LOOKING LIKE A COMPLETE AMATEUR IN AN EMBARRASING LOSS TO THE PRINCE OF WALES, Keep doing what you are doing man and even if all the mailbaggers donít agree with each other at least we have a sight where we get to display our opinions, where else put here, EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT A MEMBER, YOU CANT BEAT IT, so G you donít have to say a word, let the mailbaggers voice those feelings, I am sure by now you know I donít have a problem VOICING MY OPINION WITH VOLUME, lol Sorry couldnít help sticking Chuck D in there. Whats up to Miguel from Commerce and Brad from Australia , Brad I like your opinions, keep them coming man. Joe Mac from DC-Joseph G. McNair Jr.

Leon's Response: I appreciate how you're sticking up for me, but as much of a tool as Jeff Wald is, the show has done a tremendous job of getting the kids they sign a GREAT deal of exposure, so much so that HBO can't seem to keep their fighters off the air. Gomez, Manfredo and every other name that's fought in a big fight off of the series wouldn't be in that big fight without the Contender group. It is what it is. My thing is this, imagine how much more they could do for the sport if they actually looked to sign elite fighters and make a series. This would likely lessen the execs money, but the product they'd be pushing would be top notch, something that could enable them to get the series back on free network TV. Imagine a second season on NBC with nothing but former world champions or top world rated contenders. Less sound effects, entire fights and world rated contenders and the contender could take it to another level.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 08:40 PM