Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hopkins-Calzaghe official? (In Vegas April 12?), 1 Topic Merged Here
stateofthegame
post Jan 20 2008, 05:43 PM
Post #71

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 280

The funny thing is that Dan Rafeal announced on Friday Night Fights that this fight was going to be officially announced on Tuesday, so it is funny that Bernard is talking accurate news when ESPN reported it first this go around.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Jan 21 2008, 01:38 PM
Post #72

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

I'm hoping X beats Joe as bad as Mayweather beat Ricky. Then X KO's Roy and Taylor and calls it a career.

+Quote Post
buford54
post Jan 21 2008, 02:17 PM
Post #73

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 1,990

I was worried about X's stamina too until I saw him fight Tarver and Wright. I realize that neither Tarver or Wright fight at the pace of Joe C, but, Hokins fought all 12 rounds with those guys. He didn't fight the way he fought against Taylor, where he tried save his energy.

I believe that at 170-175, Hopkins has more energy than he ever did at 160. I think he'll be able to effectively make Joe miss and slip in enough sneaky lead right hands that Joe will begin to tire and lose confidence and Hopkins can dictate the terms of the fight in the 2nd half.

I'm not saying he'll do it early enough to take the fight, to pick anyone to be a CLEAR winner, I think, would be foolish.

+Quote Post
E.C.LEGEND
post Jan 22 2008, 03:34 AM
Post #74

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 6,658

QUOTE(buford54 @ Jan 21 2008, 03:17 PM) [snapback]375891[/snapback]
I was worried about X's stamina too until I saw him fight Tarver and Wright. I realize that neither Tarver or Wright fight at the pace of Joe C, but, Hokins fought all 12 rounds with those guys. He didn't fight the way he fought against Taylor, where he tried save his energy.

I believe that at 170-175, Hopkins has more energy than he ever did at 160. I think he'll be able to effectively make Joe miss and slip in enough sneaky lead right hands that Joe will begin to tire and lose confidence and Hopkins can dictate the terms of the fight in the 2nd half.

I'm not saying he'll do it early enough to take the fight, to pick anyone to be a CLEAR winner, I think, would be foolish.

Man I really think that joke should go and get his ass beat by Roy Instead. The Roy can go and beat bhop, tarver, and johnson, then Roy can call it a career! third best ever, behind sugar ray robinson and Muhammad ali!

+Quote Post
BigG
post Jan 22 2008, 05:56 AM
Post #75

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

I just watched Calzaghe-Kessler, and I dont know, I think Roy would have a good chance. I watched Roy-Tito, Calzaghe-Kessler back to back and its clear to me at least that Roy is WAY faster even at this point....And his shots might just be a little more solid too. Calzaghe throws alot of pitty pat shots. Calzgahe would have to fight Roy like Tarver did but I think Cal would have a hard time outboxing Roy from the outside because of Roy's speed.

Calzaghe-Kessler was a good fight and a great win....but it's where I was also sort of unimpressed with both guys. And I like Kessler alot but I stil dont think he is better than Tarver.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jan 22 2008, 06:29 AM
Post #76

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jan 22 2008, 05:56 AM) [snapback]375971[/snapback]
I just watched Calzaghe-Kessler, and I dont know, I think Roy would have a good chance. I watched Roy-Tito, Calzaghe-Kessler back to back and its clear to me at least that Roy is WAY faster even at this point....And his shots might just be a little more solid too. Calzaghe throws alot of pitty pat shots. Calzgahe would have to fight Roy like Tarver did but I think Cal would have a hard time outboxing Roy from the outside because of Roy's speed.

Calzaghe-Kessler was a good fight and a great win....but it's where I was also sort of unimpressed with both guys. And I like Kessler alot but I stil dont think he is better than Tarver.

The trouble is that Cal's pitty pat shots are scoring shots. I think he's very conscious of this. The Roy I saw against Tito threw one shot at a time with an "occasional " combo. Hopkins does some similar shit. Waiting and waiting and waiting aint gonna work against Mr. Pitty Pat. While Hopkins and Jones wait to counter, Mr Pitty Pat is gonna be bouncing around in and out pitty pattying his way to a lopsided decision. Hopkins or Joneswill probably land the more meaningful shots, but they will land far to few

Cal may throw 800 punches and land 250. Jones or Hopkins will throw around 350 and land 140 mostly powershots coming from counters. That will not be nearly enuff to win a decision over 12 rounds. Calzaghe would have to see canvas. I dont see Hopkins or Jones sustaining an attack long enought to do that... Unless... They catch him coming in and off balance... Timing may be the way to get at Cal... I see Cal winning a decision against either of these guys...

+Quote Post
rusty_trombone
post Jan 22 2008, 09:20 AM
Post #77

Cerebral Ape

Member No.: 5,390

QUOTE(E.C.LEGEND @ Jan 22 2008, 03:34 AM) [snapback]375963[/snapback]
Man I really think that joke should go and get his ass beat by Roy Instead. The Roy can go and beat bhop, tarver, and johnson, then Roy can call it a career! third best ever, behind sugar ray robinson and Muhammad ali!

reg? is that you?

+Quote Post
streetlion1
post Jan 22 2008, 11:12 AM
Post #78

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 6,534

Yep its on now!!!! Another over-rated british fighter is about to get his ass handed to him!! OH man I cant wait......mark my words...Calzaghe will look as average as anyone has ever seen him look against B-Hop...actually I see Calzaghe winning the first couple rounds and thats it...Bernard wont let him use his fast hands and will counter him all night with that quick right hand. Not to mention headbutts and elbows on the inside! Everyone looks awkward against B-Hop...Calzaghe will be a better victory for Bernard than Tarver was....Wait and see!!

+Quote Post
rusty_trombone
post Jan 22 2008, 05:43 PM
Post #79

Cerebral Ape

Member No.: 5,390

QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Jan 22 2008, 11:12 AM) [snapback]375997[/snapback]
Yep its on now!!!! Another over-rated british fighter is about to get his ass handed to him!! OH man I cant wait......mark my words...Calzaghe will look as average as anyone has ever seen him look against B-Hop...actually I see Calzaghe winning the first couple rounds and thats it...Bernard wont let him use his fast hands and will counter him all night with that quick right hand. Not to mention headbutts and elbows on the inside! Everyone looks awkward against B-Hop...Calzaghe will be a better victory for Bernard than Tarver was....Wait and see!!

maybe your boy DLH can fight Calzhaghe at 147 after that (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post
streetlion1
post Jan 23 2008, 01:53 AM
Post #80

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 6,534

QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Jan 22 2008, 04:43 PM) [snapback]376047[/snapback]
maybe your boy DLH can fight Calzhaghe at 147 after that (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Yeah scooter, and then B-Hop can fight Hatton at 140 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsdown_anim.gif) !! Give up on that old shit (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Ahhh whats wrong? You a Calzaghe fan?! Dont cry when your boy gets his ass whipped!

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 07:29 PM