> Hopkins-Calzaghe official? (In Vegas April 12?), 1 Topic Merged Here
PR316
post Jan 23 2008, 10:19 AM
Post #81

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 107

QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Jan 22 2008, 04:12 PM) [snapback]375997[/snapback]
Yep its on now!!!! Another over-rated british fighter is about to get his ass handed to him!! OH man I cant wait......mark my words...Calzaghe will look as average as anyone has ever seen him look against B-Hop...actually I see Calzaghe winning the first couple rounds and thats it...Bernard wont let him use his fast hands and will counter him all night with that quick right hand. Not to mention headbutts and elbows on the inside! Everyone looks awkward against B-Hop...Calzaghe will be a better victory for Bernard than Tarver was....Wait and see!!

He'll have to throw more than 15 punches a round.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
streetlion1
post Jan 23 2008, 12:19 PM
Post #82

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 6,534

QUOTE(PR316 @ Jan 23 2008, 09:19 AM) [snapback]376107[/snapback]
He'll have to throw more than 15 punches a round.

He always makes his opponent fight his fight. Its gonna be Calzaghe who has a hard time getting off with anything and being smothered all night.

+Quote Post
PR316
post Jan 23 2008, 01:19 PM
Post #83

Super Middleweight

Yeah but Hopkins will have to pull the trigger consistently when his opportunities arrive. And I think B-Hop will find Joe to be pretty awkward as well. Calzaghe will offer hand speed and movement and for a 43 year old guy, that will be difficult to deal with.

+Quote Post
streetlion1
post Jan 23 2008, 01:28 PM
Post #84

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 6,534

QUOTE(PR316 @ Jan 23 2008, 12:19 PM) [snapback]376125[/snapback]
Yeah but Hopkins will have to pull the trigger consistently when his opportunities arrive. And I think B-Hop will find Joe to be pretty awkward as well. Calzaghe will offer hand speed and movement and for a 43 year old guy, that will be difficult to deal with.

Yeah you make good points...but lets not forget though B-Hop is old he is still the best defender in boxing besides PBF. Joes movement may bother him however I think Bernard will be able to fight his usual fight so the hand speed wont be a real factor. The more I think about it I have to take back my Tarver fight comparison...I dont think Calzaghe will take that kinda ass whoopin but I do expect a U.D. victory for B-Hop.

+Quote Post
PR316
post Jan 23 2008, 02:30 PM
Post #85

Super Middleweight

Its possible. I've counted Hopkins out before(Tarver and Wright) and lost. I just think Joe's a different animal. With this fight, avoiding punishment alone won't get it done for Hopkins. He'll have to dish out quite a bit and in doing so, that will also create opportunities for the faster and younger Calzaghe.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 10:41 PM