Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Roy Jones says he's the draw...still begging for De La Hoya fight
thehype
post Jan 29 2008, 11:21 AM
Post #1

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

ROY JONES JR. SAYS HE'S THE DRAW, BUT IS HE?

One would think that two devastating back-to-back knockout losses would be enough to humble the most arrogant of fighters. Alas, such is not the case when it comes to Roy Jones Jr. whose recent victory over Felix "Tito" Trinidad has seemingly energized and rejuvinated his self-confidence and lifted his ego to new heights. In a recent interview, Roy Jones Jr. emphatically stated that he's still one of the biggest draws in the sport.

read more

------------------------------------------------------------------

ROY JONES DESPERATELY SEEKING DE LA HOYA

What good is an interview nowadays without the typical plea for a De La Hoya fight? Just to clear up any confusion there may have been the last five times he mentioned De La Hoya's name, Roy Jones Jr. touched on the possibility of fighting the winner of Pavlik-Taylor 2 before speaking in-depth about his desire to break pay-per-view records with the Golden Boy.

read more
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
streetlion1
post Jan 29 2008, 11:36 AM
Post #2

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,534

He is just plain silly with this!! He beats an inactive Tito and thinks that he is "back" all of a sudden. I wanna see him against the winner of either pavlik-Taylor or Calzaghe-Hopkins because unless its against Taylor he is gonna get the hell beat out of him. RJJ is just tryin to hang on for another big payday and knows he would get knocked out by anyone other than DLH. I cant wait for someone to shut his mouth. IMO he is nowhere close to being one of boxings biggest draws...the success of the fight with Tito was mostly due to Tito fans! He brings up B-Hops name (who I feel would kill him in a rematch) then says he is still as big a name as PBF (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) What a joke!! Someone please whip his old over-rated ass...Send him back into retirement!

This post has been edited by streetlion1: Jan 29 2008, 11:41 AM

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jan 29 2008, 12:42 PM
Post #3

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Could you imagine Jones fighting Pavlik??? I think Johnson/Tarver must have hit Roy harder than we originally thought. Maybe Pavlik could give him a reality check. Shit, I don't want anybody seriously hurt in our sport. But what is it gonna take other than a pillar to post ass kicking to tell these guys, "Son, you're done." It sure hasn't worked with Holyfield. I don't get it with Jones. In his prime, he deliberately avoided big punchers because the main was paranoid about getting hurt. When McClellan-Benn happened, in that classic fight, where G-man got seriously hurt, forcing a retirement from boxing, the story is that Roy went to see G-man in the hospital and said that he would NEVER get in a war like that with such a dangerous puncher. That's been Roy ever since, and now he wants a comeback. The only time Roy ever showed killer instinct was Griffin II. But Montel looked like a dear running into headlights. We should seriously talk to Roy about his health issues and remind him of his conversations with McClellan.

Get Roy back on HBO before he gets more brain cells smashed.

Jack

+Quote Post
buford54
post Jan 29 2008, 01:05 PM
Post #4

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 1,990

My hatred for Roy is creeping back. After his 2 knockouts, I stopped hating on him and just felt sorry for him. But that's harder than ever now.
I swear, Roy is the kind of punk who gets his ass kicked, then goes and beats up the crippled kid and starts mouthing off again.
Does he forget that he ducked every major challenge that was available to him when he was in his prime?
Does he forget that Tito has been inactive for 2 years, and fought for the first time above 160 lbs?
Does he actually think that HE generated 500 million ppv's? Or could the fact that the entire country of Puerto Rico bought the fight to see their biggest boxing star in history make a return fight have anything to do with it?
I seriously doubt that Roy rematching Hopkins would do anything near those numbers. Their first fight was anything but memorable.

+Quote Post
BigJuicyHog
post Jan 29 2008, 01:20 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 109

HE generated 500 million ppv's?

WOW. What a STAR!!!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup_anim.gif)

+Quote Post
Method
post Jan 29 2008, 01:39 PM
Post #6

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,253

This fucking idiot fought PPV in a corn field and didn't break 6 figures in buys. I think we know who drove the PPV two weekends ago, and he doesn't hail from Pensacola. Sure, absolutely Roy had something to do with the numbers. But just look at Roy's previous fight on PPV before Trinidad. it did mid 5 figures in buys. He should have been called out on that in the interview.

Roy is fucking delusional.

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Jan 29 2008, 05:05 PM
Post #7

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

QUOTE(buford54 @ Jan 29 2008, 06:05 PM) [snapback]376849[/snapback]
My hatred for Roy is creeping back. After his 2 knockouts, I stopped hating on him and just felt sorry for him. But that's harder than ever now.
I swear, Roy is the kind of punk who gets his ass kicked, then goes and beats up the crippled kid and starts mouthing off again.
Does he forget that he ducked every major challenge that was available to him when he was in his prime?

Let the hate flow. Don't be a punk like CEO & let go of the hate just because the man gets beat. Use each loss to intensify the hate & concerntrate it.

I did a Indian war dance around the bar when Tarter KO'd him. I celebrated harder when Johnson whipped him like a dog (even though I lost big money betting on Roy to win).

+Quote Post
imperial
post Jan 29 2008, 07:13 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,267

I can't beleive people think Pavlik will ko Jones !!

He is most liekly going to lose To Taylorin the rematch ..And Jones vs DLH should never ever happen plus they already told him no !

+Quote Post
CyruS
post Jan 29 2008, 07:31 PM
Post #9

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 2,070

I see Roy has found Tarver's stash....

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Jan 29 2008, 07:33 PM
Post #10

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

QUOTE(CyruS @ Jan 30 2008, 12:31 AM) [snapback]376884[/snapback]
I see Roy has found Tarver's stash....

Crack kills

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 07:48 PM