Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fight Science, Scientifically proven deadly striker in all combat sports
Southeastpaw
post Feb 6 2008, 11:51 PM
Post #1

The Analyst

Group: Members
Member No.: 166

There is a show that airs on the National Geographic Channel called "Fight Science". They study all forms of combat sports and martial arts. They have done episodes on every form of combat sports I can think of. During each episode they will take crash test dummies and hook up all kinds up pressure devices up to it and things of that nature and measure the impact of various strikes from certain fighters. Up until the most recent episode I had watched, a Muy Thai practitioner held the deadliest strike with the thai kicks to the sturnum area. They measured near fatal, or fatal I forgot.

So, just recently they had a special on MMA fighters. Among the fighters they were testing in various departments were Randy Couture, Bas Rutten, Tito Ortiz, and Dean Lister. The episode, as all of them, was very interesting. But I found this one to be especially interesting for reasons already known. Anyhow, Bas Rutten demonstrated a side kick to the sternum of a dummie that registered considerably higher than that of the Muy Thai fighter. His kick was near deadly. The man that was conducting the experiment had to come down and have Bas do it again because he thought that there was something wrong with the machine and that it registered the wrong numbers. So Bas did it again and it registered even higher the second time around. Very good episode. I am going to see if I can find a link to it.

This post has been edited by Southeastpaw: Feb 7 2008, 12:02 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Guest_Warlord_*
post Feb 12 2008, 06:30 AM
Post #2

Guests

I remember back in the early days of Pride when Bas called out Rickson Gracie. Damn that shit would've been epic. I wish he could've gotten it together for Wanderlei Silva and some of the other guys he was looking to fight back then. Its a damn shame his knees went bum like that, the man was a Pancrase legend.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 01:59 PM