IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Great Tank Abbott Interview - Bas Ruten speechless!
TheWhiteBuffalo
post Feb 15 2008, 01:54 AM
Post #1

All Hail The Buffalo

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,298

Anybody who is watching the fight on Saturday night should check out this interview with Tank. He points out how everyone is jumping on the Kimbo bandwagon, despite the fact that this guy has not shown ANYTHING in the octagon other than a win over a limited Ray Mercer.

Watch this video and listen to some great points that Tank lays out in black and white. Tank has not "stuck his head in the sand" and not evolved with the sport. He touches on a lot of good points regarding this upcoming bout.

Damn I am ready to see Tank rid the MMA world of this fool! When Tank's hand is raised on victory....it will be the greatest moment of my life! Well...other than the time I banged Michelle under the principals desk.

The second greatest moment of my life! WAR TANK! WAR!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gnwHrG6gyo

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheWhiteBuffalo
post Feb 15 2008, 02:18 AM
Post #2

All Hail The Buffalo

Member No.: 2,298

ďI think it is funny that heís got Bas Rutten to train him. This is a real fight, not a slap-fest. He should have gotten a real fighter to train him. Training with Bas is better than nothing. But you either have it or you donít. Technique doesnít make you tough."

Now Kimbo is all irate over Tank dissing his "hero". LOL.....Kimbo is going to play right into the right hand of a Tank haymaker!

+Quote Post
BigG
post Feb 15 2008, 04:34 AM
Post #3

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

Tanks an entertaining fighter and a pretty tough one....but he is old like I said..

I dont really like Kimbo...The guy got his fame on youtube..knocking out guys with no fighting experience...basically KOing average Joes..

I think if you put him in with any truly world class MMA Heavyweight (something that Tank isn't at this point), he will lose.

He is going to beat Tank without much problem. This is really hyped up fight.. Tank's been a huge name since the early years of UFC and Kimbo now has a fanbase because of his streetfights.

+Quote Post
Douchebag
post Feb 15 2008, 06:02 AM
Post #4

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 6,400

QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 15 2008, 04:34 AM) [snapback]378670[/snapback]
Tanks an entertaining fighter and a pretty tough one....but he is old like I said..

I dont really like Kimbo...The guy got his fame on youtube..knocking out guys with no fighting experience...basically KOing average Joes..

I think if you put him in with any truly world class MMA Heavyweight (something that Tank isn't at this point), he will lose.

He is going to beat Tank without much problem. This is really hyped up fight.. Tank's been a huge name since the early years of UFC and Kimbo now has a fanbase because of his streetfights.

Kimbo was and average Joe at the time..............I see what your saying but it's not like Kimbo had ANY training when he was knocking those dudes out. He was doing it on RAW athletic ability. Now that he is training with pros he is going to be a problem. I wouldn't say top 10 or anything but he deserves to be fighting as a pro.

+Quote Post
Douchebag
post Feb 15 2008, 06:03 AM
Post #5

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 6,400

QUOTE(TheWhiteBuffalo @ Feb 15 2008, 02:18 AM) [snapback]378666[/snapback]
ďI think it is funny that heís got Bas Rutten to train him. This is a real fight, not a slap-fest. He should have gotten a real fighter to train him. Training with Bas is better than nothing. But you either have it or you donít. Technique doesnít make you tough."

Now Kimbo is all irate over Tank dissing his "hero". LOL.....Kimbo is going to play right into the right hand of a Tank haymaker!

Funny, Because Bas would tear Tank limb from limb at any point in his career when he was active.

+Quote Post
ElectricTwinkie
post Feb 15 2008, 08:39 AM
Post #6

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 5,717

QUOTE(The Conscience @ Feb 15 2008, 06:02 AM) [snapback]378675[/snapback]
Now that he is training with pros he is going to be a problem. I wouldn't say top 10 or anything but he deserves to be fighting as a pro.

Why should he be fighting at a pro level? Because he's been trained by pros? That's a very weak argument. You give me 6 months with Bas, and I'll go into the WEC super-dooper-featherweights division and still get my ass handed to me.

The hype-train keeps chugging right along with Kimbo and it reminds me of the Eddie Murphy/Dan Akroyd movie "Trading Places" You can train a chimp to drive a stock car, it doesn't mean he should be there.

+Quote Post
ElectricTwinkie
post Feb 15 2008, 08:43 AM
Post #7

Super Bantamweight

QUOTE(TheWhiteBuffalo @ Feb 15 2008, 02:18 AM) [snapback]378666[/snapback]

I was with Tank right up to that comment. Is this really his plan to get Kimbo pissed by dissing his "mentor?" Or is this the ramblings of a washed up haymaker factory?

+Quote Post
ElectricTwinkie
post Feb 15 2008, 08:49 AM
Post #8

Super Bantamweight

97 octane gas? Oh my goodness... :slapshead:

+Quote Post
streetlion1
post Feb 15 2008, 01:26 PM
Post #9

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 6,534

Tanks old ass is gonna get destroyed tonight!! Slice winner in the first round!! He is washed up and pissing the wrong man off.. a Haymaker is not gonna win this fight for him. How you want it Tank?! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/black eye.gif) Broken jaw?! Cheekbone?! your manhood?! Slice is a BEAST!! Do it for the hood Kimbo!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)

+Quote Post
jaw breaker
post Feb 15 2008, 01:30 PM
Post #10

Amateur

Member No.: 6,828

Tank in his prime would destroy bas rutten I have to admit tank in his prime was powerful vicious and relentless, from what I have seen of bas rutten im not really that impressed, im not sure what's up with all the slapping that he employs, but prime for prime tank destroys him.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 02:12 PM