Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kimbo did it for the Hood!
ElectricTwinkie
post Feb 18 2008, 09:03 AM
Post #11

Super Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,717

I've been busy PM'ing White Buffalo, but I'm still here.

Kimbo fans: you seem to forget the opening 5 seconds of the fight-Tank met Kimbo in the center of the cage, and rocked Kimbo back and THEN he outmuscled him.

You also seem to forget the big shots to the back of the head Tank took. But then again, you all you Kimbo chumps are casual MMA fans and wouldn't know a kimura from a kimono. But that's ok. Kimbo's your hero, your role model, your insipration. Enjoy it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheWhiteBuffalo
post Feb 18 2008, 02:21 PM
Post #12

All Hail The Buffalo

Member No.: 2,298

First, I will say that I am terribly disappointed on how the fight played out. Not only because of Tank's loss, but because we are AGAIN left with sooooo many unanswered questions about Kimbo. We didn't get to see the toe-to-toe war we were looking for, and now we must still ponder Kimbo's talent.

That being said, I believe that the turning point in the fight was the three or four shots to the back of the head. Kimbo clearly, in the heat of the moment, mistakingly hit Tank in the back of the head. After the ref broke them up and warned Kimbo, you could clearly see that Tank was rocked. It is very unfortunate to see a knockout come as a result of the illegal blows. If you have ever been punched in the back of the pumkin, you will realize why this is an extremely dangerous situation.

Had the illegal blows not happened, would the fight have been any different? Maybe not. But I do wish we had seen quite a bit more of this fight.

Did anyone catch the interviews after the fight? They mentioned a Kimbo vs Ken Shamrock fight. Anyone else want to comment of this complete F'ing waste of a time???!?!??!

+Quote Post
BigG
post Feb 18 2008, 02:22 PM
Post #13

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

This is the 3rd straight time Tank Abbott has been knocked out in the first round.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Feb 18 2008, 02:23 PM
Post #14

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

Buffalo, Sharmock is about 45 or 46, but he is still leagues ahead of Tank. I personally think this would be a test for Kimbo.

+Quote Post
streetlion1
post Feb 18 2008, 02:49 PM
Post #15

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 6,534

Kimbo is a beast...no-one can make excuses for Tank...it was over before it started. As far as Shamrock...he should of hung em up a long time ago and would be another over-the-hill guy on Kimbos list. I wouldnt mind seeing Slice V.S. Lesnar at some point!

+Quote Post
TheWhiteBuffalo
post Feb 18 2008, 02:53 PM
Post #16

All Hail The Buffalo

QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 18 2008, 02:23 PM) [snapback]379214[/snapback]
Buffalo, Sharmock is about 45 or 46, but he is still leagues ahead of Tank. I personally think this would be a test for Kimbo.

I agree that Shamrock is definitely a world above Tank in terms of skill, but this is also the same Shamrock that caved in and got KO'd by Tito Ortiz. If you can't bang with Ortiz, you certainly can't do it with Kimbo. Also, Ken just does not have the strength to keep Kimbo on the ground, nor can he pull out a submission like Frank Mir.

VERY poor fight.

+Quote Post
TheWhiteBuffalo
post Feb 18 2008, 02:54 PM
Post #17

All Hail The Buffalo

QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Feb 18 2008, 02:49 PM) [snapback]379225[/snapback]
Kimbo is a beast...no-one can make excuses for Tank...it was over before it started. As far as Shamrock...he should of hung em up a long time ago and would be another over-the-hill guy on Kimbos list. I wouldnt mind seeing Slice V.S. Lesnar at some point!

Yeah.... Kimbo Slice vs Mahatma Gandhi would have been a great one also. Dream on bro!

+Quote Post
ElectricTwinkie
post Feb 18 2008, 02:54 PM
Post #18

Super Bantamweight

QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Feb 18 2008, 02:49 PM) [snapback]379225[/snapback]

Yeah, all of the high level training with Bas Rutten really paid off. Kimbo has gone from a brutish street fighter to a skilled MMA figher in 6 months. Wait... /sarcasm.

Tank imposed his will on Kimbo for the first 5 seconds of the fight.

+Quote Post
streetlion1
post Feb 18 2008, 02:57 PM
Post #19

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 6,534

QUOTE(ElectricTwinkie @ Feb 18 2008, 01:54 PM) [snapback]379230[/snapback]
Yeah, all of the high level training with Bas Rutten really paid off. Kimbo has gone from a brutish street fighter to a skilled MMA figher in 6 months. Wait... /sarcasm.
Tank imposed his will on Kimbo for the first 5 seconds of the fight.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) 5 seconds (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wtf.gif) ...43 seconds to get his ass handed to him...I didnt really see those 5 seconds you are talking about..but sure have your 5 seconds (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
ElectricTwinkie
post Feb 18 2008, 03:07 PM
Post #20

Super Bantamweight

your "boy" got pushed around by a 40yr old beer drinker. Congratulations. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

33 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 11:51 AM