> Kimbo did it for the Hood!
Douchebag
post Feb 19 2008, 09:38 AM
Post #31

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,400

QUOTE(ElectricTwinkie @ Feb 18 2008, 09:03 AM) [snapback]379173[/snapback]
I've been busy PM'ing White Buffalo, but I'm still here.
Kimbo fans: you seem to forget the opening 5 seconds of the fight-Tank met Kimbo in the center of the cage, and rocked Kimbo back and THEN he outmuscled him.

You also seem to forget the big shots to the back of the head Tank took. But then again, you all you Kimbo chumps are casual MMA fans and wouldn't know a kimura from a kimono. But that's ok. Kimbo's your hero, your role model, your insipration. Enjoy it.

This is by far the most pathetic post that I have ever read in my entire E-Career. Congratulations.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ElectricTwinkie
post Feb 19 2008, 10:11 AM
Post #32

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 5,717

QUOTE(The Conscience @ Feb 19 2008, 09:38 AM) [snapback]379311[/snapback]
This is by far the most pathetic post that I have ever read in my entire E-Career. Congratulations.

Ooh, ooh!!! What did I win?

please let it be a Commodore 64, please let it be a Commodore 64. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/black eye.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)

+Quote Post
Southeastpaw
post Feb 19 2008, 07:17 PM
Post #33

The Analyst

Member No.: 166

Comon guys. I don't understand where all the hostility is coming from about Kimbo and Lesnar. Just as Aussie stated, nobody was claiming that these guys are the second coming of Fedor. We are well aware of their limits, but they can be trained. The potential and background fighting base is there. It seems that the guys on here that have been following the sport since the UFC began are not acceptable to new fans or fighters from others walks of combat into "their" sport. Yes, there is a lot of hype around these two, which is expected seeing as where they come from. I want to see Kimbo get KOed just as bad as you guys do, but comon. Tank came into the sport a brawler, and I am confident in saying that Kimbo looked much sharper as brawler last saturday than Tank ever looked as a brawler. So if you are going to accept Tank at any time in his career as a fighter in MMA, then you would have to do the same with Kimbo. Then you have Lesnar on the other side. The championship wrestler who is testing the waters in a real combat sport. He is showing promise in the sport even in defeat. Everyone who says good things about Lesnar on here are being truthful about what he brings and aren't overexaggerating or getting of hand. It seems only those of you guys with an extreme hatred towards these two are taking it out of context.

+Quote Post
Guest_Warlord_*
post Feb 19 2008, 09:58 PM
Post #34

Guests

QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Feb 19 2008, 03:58 AM) [snapback]379306[/snapback]
Those over-hyped shit bags are bringing way more publicity to the table then that lame ass "sport" would get otherwise! Kimbo is a beast also the biggest new star in the biz and no-one is exactly beating his door down to step in with him...Lesnar is the biggest star in UFC despite losing..does that say something about how many lame ass personalites are in the biz?! I think so!! MMA fans shoud be happy these two are there!

Actually, smart guy, its the UFC that is creating publicity for Brock Lesnar. Where was he before he stepped in the UFC? Oh yeah, getting cut from NFL try-outs, or washing out of Japanese pro-wrestling organizations.

As for Kimbo, where was he before he stepped into a sanctioned MMA event? Oh yeah. He was fighting in someone's back yard. Literally.

You fail. Go home.

+Quote Post
rusty_trombone
post Feb 19 2008, 10:08 PM
Post #35

Cerebral Ape

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 5,390

QUOTE(Warlord @ Feb 19 2008, 09:58 PM) [snapback]379347[/snapback]
As for Kimbo, where was he before he stepped into a sanctioned MMA event? Oh yeah. He was fighting in someone's back yard. Literally.

To be fair, they were pretty nice backyards. Maybe with a pool, and slip n' slide.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Feb 20 2008, 02:39 AM
Post #36

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

But I'll give Kimbo credit for his striking. The guy must have done some boxing before. Well he is the cousin of Emmanuel Augustus I believe so he must've learned a few things from him...

+Quote Post
ElectricTwinkie
post Feb 20 2008, 09:01 AM
Post #37

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 5,717

QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Feb 19 2008, 10:08 PM) [snapback]379348[/snapback]
To be fair, they were pretty nice backyards. Maybe with a pool, and slip n' slide.

There was one backyard with nice landscaping before the fight...then Kimbo knocked the other guy through a couple of trees, and made it look like a hurricane came by.

I saw some wrecked boats in another one. A broken down Pinto, in a second. Some used drywall in another... Remind me not to come to your backyard where you think these were "nice."

+Quote Post
Southeastpaw
post Feb 20 2008, 01:58 PM
Post #38

The Analyst

Member No.: 166

The chainlinked fences in some of those fights were super swell. A fence company should do some work on some of those vids and insert their own huge company sign in there. Good advertising seeing as how much people watch those fights. Especially now. HMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

+Quote Post
rusty_trombone
post Feb 21 2008, 12:15 PM
Post #39

Cerebral Ape

Member No.: 5,390

QUOTE(ElectricTwinkie @ Feb 20 2008, 09:01 AM) [snapback]379407[/snapback]
There was one backyard with nice landscaping before the fight...then Kimbo knocked the other guy through a couple of trees, and made it look like a hurricane came by.

I saw some wrecked boats in another one. A broken down Pinto, in a second. Some used drywall in another... Remind me not to come to your backyard where you think these were "nice."

I've never actually seen them, i was being sarcastic.

if i had a backyard, i would pave the whole shit, i hate grass.

+Quote Post
streetlion1
post Feb 21 2008, 12:27 PM
Post #40

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 6,534

QUOTE(Warlord @ Feb 19 2008, 08:58 PM) [snapback]379347[/snapback]
Actually, smart guy, its the UFC that is creating publicity for Brock Lesnar. Where was he before he stepped in the UFC? Oh yeah, getting cut from NFL try-outs, or washing out of Japanese pro-wrestling organizations.

You fail. Go home.

They easily became the biggest names in the biz simply by stepping in the door...Kimbo was already creating a huge buzz on his own and Lesnar was a huge star as well and easily became the biggest name in the company! MMA tried to create buzz with everyone else...but they were lames with no personality who couldnt sell. Due to Lesnars appearence UFC 81 was the 5th biggest ppv in company history! REAL TALK! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fuck.gif)

This post has been edited by streetlion1: Feb 21 2008, 12:46 PM

+Quote Post

33 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 05:19 AM