Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Southeastpaw
post Mar 2 2008, 01:17 AM
Post #2

The Analyst

Group: Members
Member No.: 166

So.......Mark "should" win this fight...........right guys? I mean the man did beat Shogun 2 years ago. And especially with his experience. There should be no way Lesnar should stand a chance with him.........right?

+Quote Post
TheWhiteBuffalo
post Mar 2 2008, 10:23 AM
Post #3

All Hail The Buffalo

Member No.: 2,298

My first observation is....wow.....damn Mark looks O-L-D!

I remember back in the day watching "The Hammer" destroy his opponents with the original "ground-n-pound". The guy is super strong, but not Brock Lesner strong. Being that Coleman has great wrestling ability and is a very strong guy, this fight is very exciting.

We must keep in mind that while Lesner is an excellent wrestler, the whole ground-n-pound is new to him. It would not surprise me one bit to see Coleman win this one. The UFC is definitely rushing Lesner, and that is too bad. They should have brought this guy into the UFC "Kimbo style". Give Lesner a handful of chumps to beat on and then make it a huge PPV. Throwing him in with Mir was a huge mistake, and giving him a shot against an experienced veteran might also be a bad move.

+Quote Post
TheWhiteBuffalo
post Mar 2 2008, 10:25 AM
Post #4

All Hail The Buffalo

Member No.: 2,298

P.S- Southeastpaw - wrong forum. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drinks.gif)

+Quote Post
Southeastpaw
post Mar 2 2008, 02:38 PM
Post #5

The Analyst

QUOTE(TheWhiteBuffalo @ Mar 2 2008, 10:25 AM) [snapback]381010[/snapback]
P.S- Southeastpaw - wrong forum. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drinks.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/pardon.gif) It was late.

+Quote Post
Southeastpaw
post Mar 2 2008, 02:41 PM
Post #6

The Analyst

QUOTE(TheWhiteBuffalo @ Mar 2 2008, 10:23 AM) [snapback]381008[/snapback]
My first observation is....wow.....damn Mark looks O-L-D!

I remember back in the day watching "The Hammer" destroy his opponents with the original "ground-n-pound". The guy is super strong, but not Brock Lesner strong. Being that Coleman has great wrestling ability and is a very strong guy, this fight is very exciting.

We must keep in mind that while Lesner is an excellent wrestler, the whole ground-n-pound is new to him. It would not surprise me one bit to see Coleman win this one. The UFC is definitely rushing Lesner, and that is too bad. They should have brought this guy into the UFC "Kimbo style". Give Lesner a handful of chumps to beat on and then make it a huge PPV. Throwing him in with Mir was a huge mistake, and giving him a shot against an experienced veteran might also be a bad move.

This ought to be an interesting one. I'm glad to hear you say that this is an exciting fight instead of Lesnar should not be near the same ring as a Coleman. But I agree that they are really throwing Lesnar in with some stiff comp. for his first couple fights. Maybe Dana doesn't like Lesnar or something. They really should be bringin him through like Kimbo is being brought up.

+Quote Post
Guest_Warlord_*
post Mar 2 2008, 11:17 PM
Post #7

Guests

I can see Coleman ground-and-pound his way to a boring UD win like he used to do in the old days, and I can also see Brock steam-rolling Coleman should Mark find his takedown attempts getting stuffed regularly.

Not taking into account who is on the better roids, and who is the first to fail or pass their respective drug tests, I lean towards Coleman grinding out a decision over Lesnar. But, in the end, who really gives a shit? Coleman is still washed up if he wins, Brock is still a farce if he wins. So whatever.

+Quote Post
ElectricTwinkie
post Mar 3 2008, 09:19 AM
Post #8

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 5,717

What is this trend of giving old "stars" the opportunity to "show" the world by giving them hype fighters? Kimbo...lesnar...etc.

+Quote Post
ElectricTwinkie
post Mar 3 2008, 09:19 AM
Post #9

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 5,717

What is this trend of giving old "stars" the opportunity to "show" the world by giving them hype fighters? Kimbo...lesnar...etc.

+Quote Post
rusty_trombone
post Mar 3 2008, 09:22 PM
Post #10

Cerebral Ape

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 5,390

Wasn't Marc Coleman like addicted to pain killers for years? Cause he went to Japan and started losing? Or is that some other Mark?

And isn't he like 45 years old?

This post has been edited by rusty_trombone: Mar 3 2008, 09:30 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 05:31 AM