IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wexley "Power" Gawn Promotions Presents, Lanky "Maxy" Gawn vs Harold "Harry" Angus
Maxy
post Mar 30 2008, 03:46 PM
Post #1

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,443

On April 6th 2008 the biggest fight in the history of the heavyweight division takes place as two time world heavyweight champion Lanky "Maxy" Gawn defends his title against the greatest ever cruiserweight champion Harold "Harry" Angus.

It is a fight which has long been mooted but has taken almost an eternity to finally materialise. Angus will be seeking to avenge his lone defeat suffered at the hands of Lanky whilst boxing for the now closed Big Pineapple gym. In that bout Lanky was the defending heavyweight champion but started as a big underdog as Angus' reputation had seen him ranked as one of the sports elite pound for pound fighters. Angus made a huge mistake, opting to go on all-out-attack (under the advise of his cornermen), and paid dearly suffering a humiliating 4th round knock out defeat. Today it is widely accepted that Angus' recklessness that night cost him his chance of victory.

The fighters will enter the ring on Sunday with a combined record of 72 wins, 3 defeats and 1 draw and it is easily the most eagerly anticipated heavyweight clash in the history of our league.

In his first reign as heavyweight champion Lanky made 9 successful title defenses before opting to vacate his title and retire for the first of what became numerous occasions. He had won the title with a huge upset decision over the then champion Cyrus "Iron" ViruS, a fighter who at the time was deemed as indestructible. The victory sent shockwaves around the boxing world and it is generally regarded as the birth of the giant heavyweight era, (Lanky stands 6ft 10"). One of those defenses of course included the victory over Angus and it is this win, coupled with his win over "Iron" which stand out amongst his already brilliant resume.

Angus returned to Cruiserweight after that defeat and changed gyms, joining the massively successful Krumbsnatcher outfit where he appeared to advance as a fighter going on a long winning streak. He is generally regarded as the greatest cruiserweight of all time, winning the title 3 times including wins over future heavyweight champions Dipsy "Lipstick" Gawn and Max Kellerman, future cruiserweight champions Maxy "Ice Cream" Gawn and Aleksander Alexeev, future super middleweight champion Tyrone "Soup Bone" Sloane and then light heavyweight champion Richard "Dick" Butkiss. His resume outshines that of Lanky but this is his biggest challenge.

Pundits are split as to who will win this fight with many claiming that the huge height and weight advantage Lanky has will always prove to be too much for the smaller Angus but Harold is adament that he has the tools to do the job.

"I have progressed as a fighter since losing to Lanky back when I was at the Pineapple gym. I feel I am smarter and have the tools to beat this man, not only beat him, but punish and destroy him. Lanky knows he is gonna be in a fight come April 6th. He won't take me lightly but it don't matter what he does cos I am gonna be bringing the pain. I have waited a long time for this fight. I will not lose."

Angus has indeed waited a long time for this fight....he has scored 27 straight wins since his defeat to Lanky, whereas Lanky has had 17 wins and 1 defeat (on points to Larry Holmes). They are two completely different fighters fighting for two completely different gyms nowadays but one thing is certain. This fight is career defining for both boxers and whoever has their hand raised at the end can make a legitimate claim to be amongst the greatest fighters the world has ever seen....

So who win win the "clash of the legends" on April 6th?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CyruS
post Mar 30 2008, 04:33 PM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,070

Hmmmmmmmmmm, tough one. Could go either way but..... I will lean it towards Angus to pull off his revenge and win a heavyweight title belt. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

But I could just be a hater for Lanky since he ushered in the Giant Heavyweight Era. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fuck.gif)

+Quote Post
Blayde
post Mar 31 2008, 12:13 AM
Post #3

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,655

QUOTE(CyruS @ Mar 30 2008, 11:33 PM) [snapback]384586[/snapback]
But I could just be a hater for Lanky since he ushered in the Giant Heavyweight Era. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fuck.gif)

Yeah, Im also rooting for the small man Angus. And that 40-1-1 record looks pretty nice, the second L should only be there AFTER the Alexeev rematch has taken place.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Mar 31 2008, 11:04 AM
Post #4

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

Lanky and I don't take it personal that you're rooting for the underdog...we understand.

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Apr 4 2008, 01:15 PM
Post #5

Wexley "Power" Gawn has launched a stunning blistering attack on his brother Lanky "Maxy" Gawn accusing the big man of failing to honor his contractual demands by not helping to promote what is the biggest fight in heavyweight history.

Wexley was scathing in the outburst saying, "Lanky was never liked when he was champion but by giving up the belts and going on a chicken run he sorta gained respect in his absence. Now, I have given him his biggest ever fight for his biggest ever purse but he has failed to turn up for the press conferences and has left that fuckin' clown Skullsplitter to do the talking for him. This, to me, is a fuckin' outrage and we are really disappointed that he has opted to go into virtual hiding rather than help promote this fight. It disgusts me and though I know blood is thicker than water I am getting behind my man Angus all the way in this one. I want him to punish Lanky, break him in half...chop the fuckin' giant down like a big tree and embarrass him for his unprofessional behaviour in the build up to this clash. Angus has travelled the globe promoting this fight but Lanky has done fuck all. Even if he won the public wouldn't give a damn cos he's a no-name nobody as far as they are concerned. When they handed out personalities, Lanky Gawn must've missed the boat!!"

Angus said, "I just think he's scared to look me in the eye. He's pitiful really. A joke.....kinda like a freak show. Yeah people point at him when he's in the street and they say 'Ohh look at him , he's a giant.....they don't say that's Lanky Gawn....you know why? Cos no-fuckin'-body knows him. He's the biggest coward in the sports history. Don't forget, I work with his old gym mates and they all tell me that he retired cos he was petrified of getting beat up by an up and comer. Thats the only reason he quit in the first place and now he holds a paper title he thinks he's back on the summit again. Fuck no, he was never on the summit in the first place. Everyone wanted "Iron" ViruS to come back and knock his ass out....well now I get that chance instead and I won't let anyone down. I will do this for the people. I will hunt him down...wear him down....chop him down...He will not last the distance with me!"

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Apr 4 2008, 01:40 PM
Post #6

SKULLSPLITTER

Says the guy who didn't promote shit either 'til today...(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ...and what's this bullshit about me being a clown and speaking for Lanky....Lanky has said his piece in the press releases.

THIS is the deal on this fight. We at II know what this match truly is...we don't try pull the wool over the public's eyes....that's why we're The People's Gym...the fans love us because we're real with them....this is nothing but Lanky facing a guy he's already KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT.

Angus getting this rematch is about as warranted as Hatton getting a rematch against Mayweather...he flat out doesn't deserve it....but we don't give a fuck...because it'll be easy work for easy money.

Lanky and I are smelling the fear in Power's and Angus' behavior today...Angus is trying to CONVINCE himself he can win...

+Quote Post
CyruS
post Apr 4 2008, 02:46 PM
Post #7

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 2,070

QUOTE(fighthype.com/WeBL-Lanky-Angus-II-News)
Pair of Heavyweight Champions Will Be In Attendance!

We just got word that former Heavyweight Champions Of The World, Touch oF SleeP AND Iron will be in attendance, front row ringside. Rumor has it TOS could have possibly lined up Iron to face the winner of this bout for a heavyweight title. Iron's return to big time fight events have been long awaited. More news as it arrives...

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Apr 4 2008, 05:54 PM
Post #8

The Angus camp is showing no fear and if Lanky's camp prefer to believe that to be the case then more fool them.

As for Iron facing the winner...well Dipsy (should he beat Giant Man) is contractually obliged to box the winner barring a retirement....

Dipsy is well up for boxing anyone right now though...

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Apr 4 2008, 06:30 PM
Post #9

SKULLSPLITTER

Man...lol...Lanky and I just looked over Angus' resume....how this guy got such respect is laughable....Jesse 'The Boogeyman" Ferguson beat the shit out of him, kept rocking and knocking him down ...he won all 10 rounds until he got caught with a shoot the moon punch in the 11th...Jesse Ferguson, y'all.

and why is it that Dipsy keeps acting like he's the champ....lol...here it is...and this is according to the Heavweight rankings at vivi.com...Official and IN YOUR FACE....

1. Lanky "Maxy" Gawn regionbelt Georgia
32-2-0 5 14/1 18 (18) Insanity International

2. Dipsy "Lipstick" Gawn regional_champion Pennsylvania
36-3-2 32 12/1 18 (18) The Dragon`s Vault

It's like that. Look it up. Stop frontin', Dipsy...there's no future in it. Lanky is THE Man at Heavy.

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Apr 5 2008, 02:50 AM
Post #10

QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Apr 4 2008, 06:30 PM) [snapback]385045[/snapback]
and why is it that Dipsy keeps acting like he's the champ....lol...here it is...and this is according to the Heavweight rankings at vivi.com...Official and IN YOUR FACE....

1. Lanky "Maxy" Gawn regionbelt Georgia
32-2-0 5 14/1 18 (18) Insanity International

2. Dipsy "Lipstick" Gawn regional_champion Pennsylvania
36-3-2 32 12/1 18 (18) The Dragon`s Vault

It's like that. Look it up. Stop frontin', Dipsy...there's no future in it. Lanky is THE Man at Heavy.

I think you should double check that....

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 11:48 PM