> Monkey Business
thehype
post Aug 15 2008, 05:12 PM
Post #401

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(Asian Sensation @ Aug 15 2008, 05:52 PM) [snapback]400736[/snapback]
Scott Shaffer, who really is one of the coolest people I've met in boxing, is no longer affiliated with DBE as far as I know.

That's not what I heard...unless something has changed in the past few weeks. Maybe he's just representing Lou DiBella fighters now...like Kermit Cintron (who he just helped in that legal case with Bobby Bostick) and Monte Barrett. Don't get me wrong...it has been a while since I've had my ear on the pulse of what's going on at btalk, so maybe he has ended his association (although again, that's not what I'm hearing). I definitely know that I was told to create the fake alias Hector Linares for Shaffer to use because of his association with DiBella. I'm not really sure of the last time Shaffer may have used that fake alias, but I do know I saw it pop up in regards to Zab Judah:

JUDAH TO HAVE STITCHES REMOVED TOMORROW
By Hector Linares

Michael Shinefield, manager of former undisputed welterweight champion Zab "Super" Judah, has informed Boxingtalk.com that Judah will have the 50 stitches that prevented him from facing Shane Mosley on May 31 removed tomorrow afternoon. "It's a shame we couldn't reschedule the fight with Mosley. All we needed was another two weeks and we would have been good to go. Zab is looking forward to facing the best available as soon as possible," stated Shinefield. When asked about Zab's expected return, Shinefield responded by saying, "Zab will be ready to go as early as the end of June or early July. We're going to see what's out there for him and make the biggest and best fight for him and his fans."

For the record, Scott Shaffer and "cool" should not be in the same sentence. Nice guy...yes...but cool...I don't think so. Not exactly sure of how closely you've had to work with him, but I've known Scott since 2004 and "cool" isn't exactly a word that I'd use to describe him. Maybe "nice", but not "cool". I guess it depends on who you're comparing him to though as there are quite a few "uncool" people in boxing.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
caneman
post Aug 15 2008, 06:21 PM
Post #402

Amateur

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,310

Ben, I don't know if you are anyone would be interested but I know a local place that does some cool stuff & I priced baseball jersey's @ $38 I think it was for like 20 of them & the price dropped with the more you bought. The only thing was is they were cotton which is very comfy but don't last like nylon does! I'd be glad to help if I am needed bro! Kinda FYI!

+Quote Post
Asian Sensation
post Aug 15 2008, 09:52 PM
Post #403

Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,774

QUOTE(thehype @ Aug 15 2008, 06:12 PM) [snapback]400741[/snapback]
That's not what I heard...unless something has changed in the past few weeks. Maybe he's just representing Lou DiBella fighters now...like Kermit Cintron (who he just helped in that legal case with Bobby Bostick) and Monte Barrett. Don't get me wrong...it has been a while since I've had my ear on the pulse of what's going on at btalk, so maybe he has ended his association (although again, that's not what I'm hearing). I definitely know that I was told to create the fake alias Hector Linares for Shaffer to use because of his association with DiBella. I'm not really sure of the last time Shaffer may have used that fake alias, but I do know I saw it pop up in regards to Zab Judah:

For the record, Scott Shaffer and "cool" should not be in the same sentence. Nice guy...yes...but cool...I don't think so. Not exactly sure of how closely you've had to work with him, but I've known Scott since 2004 and "cool" isn't exactly a word that I'd use to describe him. Maybe "nice", but not "cool". I guess it depends on who you're comparing him to though as there are quite a few "uncool" people in boxing.

The latest that I've heard from him is that he's with Sauerland Events now. I still feel he is a very cool guy, then again I'm no authority there myself.

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Aug 17 2008, 08:58 PM
Post #404

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE(dj necrogenic @ Aug 15 2008, 04:11 PM) [snapback]400733[/snapback]
B. Artest interviews Monte Barrett today, and its got at least 2 references to Greg in there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

haha,does that surprise you??

+Quote Post
XL1022
post Aug 18 2008, 09:48 PM
Post #405

Amateur

Member No.: 1,967

You gotta admit the work ethic this dirtbag has.

He even pretends that there is a B. Artest. LMAO.

G. Leon forwarded me your email. Thank you for your interest, but FYI, I'm not Greg. Having him as a mentor is helpful when it comes asking the right questions. I hope this puts your mind as ease. Thank you for reading, keep supporting BoxingTalk. -B.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 18, 2008, at 9:15 PM, "boxingtalkg@yahoo.com" <boxingtalkg@yahoo.com> wrote:

>
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: "W W" <-------->
>> Date: August 18, 2008 8:06:47 PM EDT
>> To: boxingtalkg@yahoo.com
>> Subject: B. Artest, You really think people are THAT stupid?
>>
>> You really think people in the boxing industry are that stupid to NOT realize that your ****** ass is just making a fictional name up so that the conflict of interest doesnt play into factor since "B. Artest" supposedly is doing these interviews that you do?
>>
>> Not only are you not giving a fuck about the fans or the boxers with these locked interviews that are just straight garbage, you used boxingtalk as a medium for you to become a advisor so you could steal MORE money from fighters.
>>
>> **** YOU GREG LEON.

This post has been edited by XL1022: Aug 19 2008, 01:59 AM

+Quote Post
thehype
post Aug 19 2008, 11:50 AM
Post #406

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

QUOTE(XL1022 @ Aug 18 2008, 10:48 PM) [snapback]401122[/snapback]
You gotta admit the work ethic this dirtbag has.

He even pretends that there is a B. Artest. LMAO.

G. Leon forwarded me your email. Thank you for your interest, but FYI, I'm not Greg. Having him as a mentor is helpful when it comes asking the right questions. I hope this puts your mind as ease. Thank you for reading, keep supporting BoxingTalk. -B.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 18, 2008, at 9:15 PM, "boxingtalkg@yahoo.com" <boxingtalkg@yahoo.com> wrote:

>
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: "W W" <-- ------>
>> Date: August 18, 2008 8:06:47 PM EDT
>> To: boxingtalkg@yahoo.com
>> Subject: B. Artest, You really think people are THAT stupid?
>>
>> You really think people in the boxing industry are that stupid to NOT realize that your ****** ass is just making a fictional name up so that the conflict of interest doesnt play into factor since "B. Artest" supposedly is doing these interviews that you do?
>>
>> Not only are you not giving a fuck about the fans or the boxers with these locked interviews that are just straight garbage, you used boxingtalk as a medium for you to become a advisor so you could steal MORE money from fighters.
>>
>> **** YOU GREG LEON.

LOL @ "G. Leon forwarded me your email."

If he forwarded the email to B. Artest, then how come you still don't see any email address at the end of those interviews to send questions and comments to?

Send questions and comments to: ????????

You would have thought that he would have come up with a fake Hotmail address by now.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
caneman
post Aug 19 2008, 01:40 PM
Post #407

Amateur

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,310

QUOTE(thehype @ Aug 19 2008, 12:50 PM) [snapback]401174[/snapback]
LOL @ "G. Leon forwarded me your email."

If he forwarded the email to B. Artest, then how come you still don't see any email address at the end of those interviews to send questions and comments to?
You would have thought that he would have come up with a fake Hotmail address by now.

Let alone ditch yahoo years ago (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) that's the most spammed Email account that I know of!

+Quote Post
FireStarter
post Aug 19 2008, 04:14 PM
Post #408

Amateur

Member No.: 8,030

Love em or hate em, Fake interviewer or not, gotta admit the kid has the means to make that dough. Can't knock the hustle.

+Quote Post
thehype
post Aug 19 2008, 04:29 PM
Post #409

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

QUOTE(FireStarter @ Aug 19 2008, 05:14 PM) [snapback]401193[/snapback]
Love em or hate em, Fake interviewer or not, gotta admit the kid has the means to make that dough. Can't knock the hustle.

Does he though?

You can knock it if you know how much dough that really is.

And LOL at another NY IP and registering with his email address.

+Quote Post
Vodoo
post Aug 19 2008, 07:00 PM
Post #410

Strawweight

Member No.: 7,289

QUOTE(thehype @ Aug 19 2008, 04:29 PM) [snapback]401195[/snapback]
Does he though?

You can knock it if you know how much dough that really is.

And LOL at another NY IP and registering with his email address.

Are you trying to say that Firestarter is once again G posing as someone else?

+Quote Post

45 Pages V  « < 39 40 41 42 43 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 04:14 AM