caneman
post Aug 20 2008, 09:54 PM
Post #421

Amateur

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,310

QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Aug 20 2008, 10:48 PM) [snapback]401302[/snapback]
Is that really Greg? LOL

who else would still use a yahoo addy? Look @ the IP addy to! Where ya been D?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Byrd Man
post Aug 21 2008, 01:45 PM
Post #422

Welterweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 6,422

Ishe beats Cotto because styles make fights? What kind of cliché is that? Would that be the same “style” that has recorded 2 Ko’s in the last five years! Last time I checked Miguel Cotto was a touch better than Carlos De La Cruz and Oscar Gonzalez. That is the most ridiculous prognostication I have ever read. That fight would go off at -10,000 Cotto. That advice will land Ishe in the hospital and a guaranteed retirement party. I pray that fight never happens. Cut bait- I’d be shocked if he lands on Friday night fights and a 10k payday.

Leon's Response: Ishe has a chance to beat Cotto because styles make fights. Cotto isn't going to have the easiest time finding him and if Ishe counters effectively when he makes Cotto miss, he's very capable of outboxing him. That fight would land Ishe more money than he's ever made before while getting him one step closer to a title shot. Taking the fight would be a no brainer, I'm not sure the Cotto people will accept, but I am sure that the Bobfather and I have spoken about it more than once so we'll find out.

lol

+Quote Post
Coyote Duran
post Aug 21 2008, 06:53 PM
Post #423

Junior Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,271

QUOTE(thehype @ Aug 20 2008, 08:27 PM) [snapback]401287[/snapback]
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/taunt.gif)

LOL. Awwwwww, the memories. As I was going back through some messages, I ran across this old note that Rick Reeno (boxingscene.com) sent to Leon. This is really pretty meaningless, but it did give me a chuckle...especially considering the merger between Maxboxing and Boxingscene and the fact that ol' Chee still does some stuff for Max. Then again, I'm not even sure if Max and BScene are still partnered up as I thought Doug mentioned something in his mailbag about a split. Either way, I wonder if ol' Reeno still feels the same about Chee. LOL.

I totally remember that, Hype! in fact, today, Chee posts links for Boxing Scene.

That was around the time a poster at DHB was doing a round-by-round, but biting it from a Boxing Scene poster; almost verbatim. I got involved, defending our poster; while saying some pretty regrettable things to Reeno. I was totally wrong on that one as well. I did apologize and not so long after, Chee and Rick buried the hatchet.

I think you're right about Max's and Scene's split. I was surprised because it happened so soon.

+Quote Post
thehype
post Aug 21 2008, 08:56 PM
Post #424

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(Coyote Duran @ Aug 21 2008, 07:53 PM) [snapback]401381[/snapback]
I totally remember that, Hype! in fact, today, Chee posts links for Boxing Scene.

That was around the time a poster at DHB was doing a round-by-round, but biting it from a Boxing Scene poster; almost verbatim. I got involved, defending our poster; while saying some pretty regrettable things to Reeno. I was totally wrong on that one as well. I did apologize and not so long after, Chee and Rick buried the hatchet.

I think you're right about Max's and Scene's split. I was surprised because it happened so soon.

Hey...wassup Coyote...yeah man, I remember that. Reeno was PISSED about that...didn't he demand some kind of formal apology on the website or something like that? I don't remember all the details, but I definitely remember a big argument about some guy copying a Boxingscene rbyr.

Awwwwww, the memories.

I gotta admit...it's a pretty funny picture of Chee (assuming it's him...which Reeno swore 100% that it was and considering the source he got it from, I believe it's him too). Not quite as bad as Rick made it out to be though. LOL. Still though, when I saw it, I felt like I was looking at a picture of Big Foot or the Loch Ness Monster...Chee's like the most elusive guy in boxing. I think there might be a few guys that have been doing stuff over at DHB for quite a few years that still don't know what he looks like...or even what his real name is. LOL.

Funny stuff...all good though.

LMAO @ "Nervous-Yet-Toothy Guy"

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
AKay
post Aug 21 2008, 09:37 PM
Post #425

I'm SEXY!

Member No.: 1,421

hahahah you know i remember all that shyt too. the whole round by round incident and the infamous CHEE pics.

ehh no biggie though I got in alot of spats defending btalk/Greg across the net.

Fighthype fills that role for me now without the need to beef with anyone.

Wil

+Quote Post
Coyote Duran
post Aug 21 2008, 09:43 PM
Post #426

Junior Flyweight

QUOTE(thehype @ Aug 21 2008, 08:56 PM) [snapback]401396[/snapback]
Hey...wassup Coyote...yeah man, I remember that. Reeno was PISSED about that...didn't he demand some kind of formal apology on the website or something like that? I don't remember all the details, but I definitely remember a big argument about some guy copying a Boxingscene rbyr.

Awwwwww, the memories.

I gotta admit...it's a pretty funny picture of Chee (assuming it's him...which Reeno swore 100% that it was and considering the source he got it from, I believe it's him too). Not quite as bad as Rick made it out to be though. LOL. Still though, when I saw it, I felt like I was looking at a picture of Big Foot or the Loch Ness Monster...Chee's like the most elusive guy in boxing. I think there might be a few guys that have been doing stuff over at DHB for quite a few years that still don't know what he looks like...or even what his real name is. LOL.

Oh, that Tessitore. LOL! He almost tripped over me after the photo. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I've actually spoken to Chee a number of times on the blower. I do know his real name too. That was actually an accident! He is pretty enigmatic, tho.'

+Quote Post
Coyote Duran
post Aug 21 2008, 09:45 PM
Post #427

Junior Flyweight

QUOTE(AKay @ Aug 21 2008, 09:37 PM) [snapback]401407[/snapback]
hahahah you know i remember all that shyt too. the whole round by round incident and the infamous CHEE pics.

ehh no biggie though I got in alot of spats defending btalk/Greg across the net.

Fighthype fills that role for me now without the need to beef with anyone.

Wil

Jeez, good times, huh? LOL! What can ya do?

How've you been? I heard you were a bit on the ill side a bit ago. If that's the case, glad you're better. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
AKay
post Aug 21 2008, 09:54 PM
Post #428

I'm SEXY!

Member No.: 1,421

Im good man thanks for asking. Im still ill but improving.

I'm not as mean now too lol.

Will

+Quote Post
Coyote Duran
post Aug 21 2008, 10:04 PM
Post #429

Junior Flyweight

QUOTE(AKay @ Aug 21 2008, 09:54 PM) [snapback]401412[/snapback]
Im good man thanks for asking. Im still ill but improving.

I'm not as mean now too lol.

Will

And I'm not as wide-eyed and unprofessional now. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drag.gif)

Well, that'll knit itself in time, man. Keep the faith; that is if faith is a thing you dig keeping. I have to be fair to one and all. LOL!

+Quote Post
Vodoo
post Aug 23 2008, 07:17 PM
Post #430

Strawweight

Member No.: 7,289

QUOTE(thehype @ Aug 21 2008, 08:56 PM) [snapback]401396[/snapback]

Awwwwww, the memories.

Hey, Hype back in the day did you have any dealings or know any ins and outs about boxing.com? That was the first site I started message boarding on. Then I went to boxingtime.com. Both of them have since folded.

+Quote Post

45 Pages V  « < 41 42 43 44 45 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 01:26 PM