> Monkey Business
Byrd Man
post Sep 3 2008, 10:05 PM
Post #431

Welterweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 6,422

Anyone else notice this?

Greg Leon has been saying REPEATEDLY to anyone who will listen, and surely many that won't, that there is NO WAY that the Oscar/Pac Man fight would go down. He would come close to ridiculing people who would bring it up.

So last Thursday the fight was announced.

No Mailbag since then. No DAILY mailbag since then, tomorrow being a full seven days.

lol

I can't wait to see what letters he writes...er...answers when the Daily Mailbag returns. ha ha
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Sep 3 2008, 11:25 PM
Post #432

Guests

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/lazy2.gif)

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Sep 4 2008, 07:27 AM
Post #433

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

I think Greg had better get back on his 'grind' real quick.

It's funny did you guys read that mailbag (yes i still do read his mailbags) the one right after it looked like the Goldie/Pacman negotiations had fallen apart where some guy was blowing smoke up Greg's ass telling him he must have a crystal ball or something because everyone else in the sport and media was reporting it as a definate possibility.

And Greg's reply was along the lines of 'no I don't I just have a unique position in this industry which allows me insights most regular fans don't get.'

Well I'm paraphrasing of course but along those lines.

Must be a real unique position!! It's good for the boxers whom he 'advises' to know that their man has his finger right on the pulse!!!!!!

My problem with the site nowadays is that it has no consistency.

The mailbag you don't see for often weeks at a time and then it appears three times in two days. And the lack of coverage they gave Cotto/Margarito was simply disgraceful.

Greg has often said that it's really only the hardcore fans that surf the internet regularly and log-on to sites like his. Well here was the Number One fight of the year for most hardcore fans and he couldn't even be arsed covering it.

Why? Was he too busy thinking up new ways to insult Dan Rafeal over an article that to be honest most of the boxing community had already forgotten about? I mean Allan who?

It just feels like a partime hobby for him now (which I suspect it is) and he only really uses it as a promotional tool (which I KNOW it is, B. Artest anyone?) for the fighters he now 'advises'.

Sad cos it used to be a great site back in the day.

+Quote Post
caneman
post Sep 4 2008, 07:39 AM
Post #434

Amateur

Member No.: 1,310

QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Sep 3 2008, 11:05 PM) [snapback]403049[/snapback]
Anyone else notice this?

Greg Leon has been saying REPEATEDLY to anyone who will listen, and surely many that won't, that there is NO WAY that the Oscar/Pac Man fight would go down. He would come close to ridiculing people who would bring it up.

So last Thursday the fight was announced.

No Mailbag since then. No DAILY mailbag since then, tomorrow being a full seven days.

lol

I can't wait to see what letters he writes...er...answers when the Daily Mailbag returns. ha ha

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/can...uckingcares.jpg

This post has been edited by caneman: Sep 4 2008, 07:40 AM

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Sep 4 2008, 08:34 AM
Post #435

Guests

QUOTE(caneman @ Sep 4 2008, 10:39 PM) [snapback]403091[/snapback]

I don't like Greg either just like everyone else, he showed people who were part of his site little respect. But seriously, how long is this going to go? This board is going to start looking like the bitter ex-gf soon though, lol.

+Quote Post
caneman
post Sep 4 2008, 09:21 AM
Post #436

Amateur

Member No.: 1,310

QUOTE(Fitz @ Sep 4 2008, 09:34 AM) [snapback]403095[/snapback]
I don't like Greg either just like everyone else, he showed people who were part of his site little respect. But seriously, how long is this going to go? This board is going to start looking like the bitter ex-gf soon though, lol.

In some circles it is being talked about like that already & while we might know what the deal is....many outsiders don't & that's when talk starts & from that can come negative back leash & I personally don't wanna see that happen. I have heard the jaded lover thing but many changed their prospective after reading the beginning of this thread but whatever!

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Sep 4 2008, 09:38 AM
Post #437

Guests

QUOTE(caneman @ Sep 5 2008, 12:21 AM) [snapback]403097[/snapback]
In some circles it is being talked about like that already

Well there you go.

+Quote Post
dj necrogenic
post Sep 4 2008, 11:33 AM
Post #438

Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,504

Fuck that, Greg didnt break up with us... We broke up with him.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I wanna hear more though, I love all the insider shit that goes on. Who knew internet boxing sites were such soap opera's I LOVE IT!!! More Hype More... You keep promising more exposes but I havent seen one in a while

+Quote Post
Byrd Man
post Sep 5 2008, 05:09 PM
Post #439

Welterweight

Member No.: 6,422

It may be played out, but if someone puts themselves up as more knowledgeable than others and rips people who dare think otherwise, they need to be spotlighted when they fall on their face and then runs and hides instead of facing up to that.

And the fact that out of 17 items on their front page, 16 are press releases and one is a members only interview with Roy Jones Jr.?????

smh

This post has been edited by Byrd Man: Sep 5 2008, 05:09 PM

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Oct 3 2008, 09:22 PM
Post #440

The Savage

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,227

Any new news Hype??Boxingtalk needs to be taken outta business..Who wants to sign up for a membership for interviews you only can read??I bet he still promises memebers chats that will never happen..hahahaha..Sorry Greg,Floyd retired and theres not much more ya can suck outta him,no one wants to talk to him anymore ya fruitpop..

+Quote Post

45 Pages V  « < 42 43 44 45 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 06:14 PM