IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> CBS' EliteXC show tonight, No comment...
Spyder
post Jun 1 2008, 10:31 PM
Post #31

The Prime Minista

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,850

Hey, that's Shaw and his matchmaker's cross to bare...I mean they've made enough money off of him to have to work a little bit, right?

We all know where Kimbo is as a fighter. It's not where EliteXC wants us to think, but we still know the truth. I honestly want to see Butterbean get a shot against the guy, make some cash, and retire either as Kimbo fodder...or get the rematch(and money) as Kimbo's first conqueror(officially).

I think that Brett Rogers would win that fight too...btw, and I don't think much of him either.

I'm trying not to hate, but that shit is just too easy!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sweetchuck
post Jun 2 2008, 01:36 AM
Post #32

Junior Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,758

True, UFC has had shady moments at times. I doubt the fight with Kimbo was fixed as much as he got very favorable treatment. Tyson would kill Kimbo if he were in shape. Kimbo has about as good of a ground game as Mike Tyson would, but Tyson would still counterpunch Kimbo's charge and knock him out. Just like Peter McNeely.

I don't know if they made a hell of a lot of money on Kimbo yet. Kimbo would have made them bank if he fought on PPV and he really is the only one with the hype in EliteXC to be a PPV headliner. At least before last night. Kimbo needs to fight a small fighter in his next fight with limited skills or that is washed up to regain some of the hype he had before.

+Quote Post
ElectricTwinkie
post Jun 2 2008, 08:59 AM
Post #33

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 5,717

QUOTE(The Conscience @ Jun 1 2008, 03:34 PM) [snapback]391078[/snapback]
I don't expect anybody to agree with me in my opinion that the fight was fixed because it is a pretty far fetched claim and there will never be a way to prove it, but I do want to clarify my reasons why I think there was fix last night.

1. The first thing that caught my eye was the fact that James Thompson left ear looked like a horses testicle before the fight started and no one the anounce team mentions it until right before Kimbo targets it to get his win.

2. The ref was making some really questionable calls during the fight. I mean letting Kimbo just on the bottom of the GNP and not stopping the fight for that long was just blatant favoratism for a fighter IMO.

3. That thumbs up bullshit that Kimbo did when he was in trouble (from the guillotine and from the GNP) looked like it was his way of trying to get the Ref to come in save him from the situations. And oddly enough it was the ref that got him out of the choke and the only reason the ref didn't ball him out from the GNP is because it would have been to obvious.
OK I'm not going to argue but I strongly feel like Elite XC had a lot of safety nets in place to make sure that Kimbo got the W.

I agree completely. Did you see the exchange between Bas Rutten and Kimbo once the fight finished? Bas did not look happy shaping his finger as if to say "see you bigg dummy, I told you not to get on the ground."

IMO, Kimbo's stock has dropped. He's this generation's Tank Abbott: come out swinging like a madman for 30 seconds and pray you hit something.

+Quote Post
jlupi
post Jun 2 2008, 09:42 AM
Post #34

Junior Welterweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 2,117

kimbo should be in boxing. He has some skill He could be thrown in w no hopers for big money with little scrutiny to see how he develops, If he doesnt he could go butterbeans route.

Hes being used by shaw to build elite xc - hope hes getting paid for such because he really has very little mma skills.

+Quote Post
Guest_Warlord_*
post Jun 3 2008, 06:25 AM
Post #35

Guests

What I find shocking is the rather (semi) intelligent nature in which The Conscience has conducted himself in this thread, especially in light of his pro-Kimbo stance in the past. Keep this up, kid, and you might actually gain some respect around here.

Of course I now fully expect him to roll through here with an ignorant ass statement to ruin the feeling my back-handed compliment has created.

+Quote Post
Douchebag
post Jun 3 2008, 07:47 AM
Post #36

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 6,400

QUOTE(Warlord @ Jun 3 2008, 07:25 AM) [snapback]391278[/snapback]
What I find shocking is the rather (semi) intelligent nature in which The Conscience has conducted himself in this thread, especially in light of his pro-Kimbo stance in the past. Keep this up, kid, and you might actually gain some respect around here.

Of course I now fully expect him to roll through here with an ignorant ass statement to ruin the feeling my back-handed compliment has created.

This post made me chuckle. I'm glad the anti-depresants are working for you.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 04:05 AM