IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Country is on Top?, Nation With The Best Boxers?
The Ollie Reed F...
post Aug 11 2010, 03:26 AM
Post #31

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Aug 11 2010, 02:44 AM) *
Dawson isnt top 3.

You really don't like Dawson do you?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SENTRAL
post Aug 11 2010, 11:52 AM
Post #32

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 10,900

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 11 2010, 04:26 AM) *
You really don't like Dawson do you?

No I'm certainly no fan of his. Seems to me like a lot of fans out there rate him real high but I'm yet to see it. I dont think he is capable of fighting for 2 minutes of a round. Forget about 3, Bad Chad is lacking. For me he has shown some truly classy moments but this is over shadowed by the more prevelant mediocre spells. Perhaps he'll get by Pascal, he has all the physical advantages but I've gone for Jean to outwork him in a decent fight.

+Quote Post
Big Slim Sweet
post Aug 11 2010, 02:38 PM
Post #33

Bourbon County Stout

Member No.: 1,759

QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Aug 11 2010, 11:52 AM) *
No I'm certainly no fan of his. Seems to me like a lot of fans out there rate him real high but I'm yet to see it. I dont think he is capable of fighting for 2 minutes of a round. Forget about 3, Bad Chad is lacking. For me he has shown some truly classy moments but this is over shadowed by the more prevelant mediocre spells. Perhaps he'll get by Pascal, he has all the physical advantages but I've gone for Jean to outwork him in a decent fight.

I agree 100% with you on Dawson, and not just cause you've got great tits and a marijuana leaf on your door. He's a world class talent but he takes large chunks of time off every single round that I've ever seen him. Not sure Pascal has the power to really crack him, but sooner rather than later I see Bad Chad getting caught flush backing straight up with his hands down and his 0 vanishing into the Budweiser logo.

Resume wise he's def #2 American behind Mayweather, but I like Ward, Bradley and Alexander better. Not to mention old asses Hopkins and Mosley.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Aug 11 2010, 04:18 PM
Post #34

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Aug 11 2010, 12:52 PM) *

I hear what you're saying, I really do, but you have to give Chad his kudos.

He beat Adamek convincingly and that now looks like a great win. He also fought Glen Johnson twice and you know how everyone avoids Glen. The first fight was close but I did have it for Dawson and then he took the rematch which I have to give him credit for and showed he had learned to improve against a pressure fighter like Glen.

Tarver who wasn't a prime Tarver (but when was there ever a prime Tarver? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ) was beaten decisively twice (yeah I didn't have the second fight as too close). I can't knock a record like that. Not when I look at how some other youngish guys are building their resume's on much softer opposition.

However as much as I am defending him (and why am I defending him?) he frustrates the hell out of me. He has all the physical gifts to be a much more exciting fighter than he is. I get what Slim is saying about doing just enough to win. I thought it was a mistake for him to get rid of Floyd Senior, no way would Senior let a fighter take 1-2 minutes off a round like Chad does.

I will say this though, when he has to go into the trenches Chad does show some heart. Johnson hurt him badly numerous times in their first encounter and Chad gritted his teeth and got through some tough moments. If it goes the same way against Pascal I see him finding a way to win again.

Perhaps it might even produce a performance to excite, but I doubt it.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 11:09 AM