Reply to this topicStart new topic
> News from WeBL
CyruS
post Dec 12 2008, 10:29 PM
Post #131

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,070

Whoever wrote that article about Angus's low popularity is/was a real Angus nut swinging fan. Angus was never the face of boxing, he was/is the face of being a corrupted promoter (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CyruS
post Dec 14 2008, 03:47 AM
Post #132

Junior Middleweight

- Giant Man III successfully defended the World's Heavyweight Championship with a first round KO of Former 3-Time Undisputed Cruiserweight Champion & Former ABC Heavyweight Champion, Harold "Harry" Angus. No word on what the future holds for Angus as of yet. Giant Man III is set to take on The Prince in a showdown next week.

- Jimmy Jack Judah avenged his first round KO defeat from Edson Berto who took the southern Judah's welterweight title last week with a big TKO victory in the 9th round to regain the World's Welterweight Championship. Jimmy Jack Judah is set to have a rematch with the new #1 contender, Brittney Skye next week.

- Trinidad who looked to avenge his KO defeat of Brittney Skye lost a close UD decision when his cornerman gave Trinidad the wrong instructions. Trinidad is said to have been disappointed with the loss as Skye was their for the taking yet again. Trinidad is expected to fire his cornerman. Trinidad is set to take on Edson Berto in a #1 contenders Match next week.

- Miguel Cotto lost a razor close UD decision to Former World Champion, Demetris Pietrus. Pietrus barely got out alive as he left the ring requires medical attention from his trainer. He has swelling around his right eye. He has a cut below his left eye. He has a gash over his left eye. He has bleeding over his right eye. Pietrus was the 30th different World Champion fought by Cotto as of now. Cotto set to rematch Pietrus next week.

- Nigel McGuinness is said to be irate with his inability to defeat Thomas "The Hitman" Hearn's pitty pat slapping style. Nigel dropped yet another razor close decision. Nigel took his ball and went home after the bout. He vowed to get released from his contract with TOS by any means possible and join Deep Freeze.

- A now focus Herman Ngoudjo who has largely been ignored by TOS until recently has comeback to avenge all his most recent defeats. He is set to take on Buddy Mcgirt next week and should he get passed Mcgirt, Ngoudjo is looking to claim the Undisputed Jr. Welterweight Titles from the #1 pound for pound fighter Juan "Apuro" Herrera before Joan Guzman gets a crack at him.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Dec 14 2008, 03:58 AM
Post #133

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

-Larry Holmes pitched a shutout vs. Busta "Show N Prove" Move in a tune-up fight and is chasing a rematch with Alcarez. Holmes is certain he will destroy Alcarez in a rematch.

-Zab Judah is set to take Juan "Apuro" Herrera in what looks to be one of his final fights. Judah is 50-23-4 (44 KO's)

-David Archuleta knocked out 140 pound contender Juan Miguel Cotto in 1 round.

+Quote Post
CyruS
post Jan 4 2009, 04:56 AM
Post #134

Junior Middleweight

- Super is once again yelling robbery after another MD loss in a title fight. Super can't catch a break.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

- Trinidad has signed the contract for a Welterweight Super Fight for the Undisputed Welterweight Titles against the new Undisputed Welterweight Champion & #1 P4P Fighter in the sport, Juan "Apuro" Herrera. Trinidad is waiting to see if Herrera signs or not. Already the hype has started and it looks to be the biggest Welterweight Title Fight in history.

+Quote Post
Blayde
post Jan 4 2009, 05:57 AM
Post #135

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,655

Herrera has accepted!

After beating the smaller Jimmy Jack, the #1 P4P fighter is ready to take on his physically strongest opponent to date. Apuros usual height advantage wont be there in this fight against Trinidad who has already fought at 154. But Herrera definitely has the frame to be a strong 147 pounder.

Herrera: "It aint no problem, man. Im as strong as anyone at 147 and Im more skilled than anyone at 147. Trinidad aint gonna stand a chance. I can already smell the 154 pound championship."

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Jan 4 2009, 06:44 AM
Post #136

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Member No.: 1,443

- Soul "Erotic Thunder" Canton won a version of the world cruiserweight title with a 6th round TKO over Kaitlyn Ashley. The doctor stopped the fight due to Ashley having both her eyes shut. Canton has agreed to a rematch but claims, "Next time I'll put that bitch in the position she knows best of all....on her back!"

- Light heavyweight contender Reks earned a shot at the world title with a devastating 2nd round KO over former champion Andre "The Matrix" Dirrell. Nobody had ever beaten Dirrell so convincingly before.

- Reggie "The Kiss" Hope retained his flyweight title with a 1st round knockout over little known puncher Nkosinathi "Mabere" Joyi. Reggie floored Mabere in the opening seconds but the challenger roared back to floor Reggie twice, both for 9 counts. Reggie got up to knock out the challenger and thus score his 50th career win, 46 by knock out.

- Elvin "The Komodo Dragon" Smalls demanded a shot at the vacant heavyweight title when he outpointed Miguel Otero over 12 rounds. Smalls is unbeaten in 24 but his failure to excite the fans could prevent the promoters from granting him his shot. Nobody wants to see another Prince at the top!

- Welterweight contender Jarret "White Light" Sharp has called out every single top fighter at 147. The Krumbsnatcher prospect is hungry for a big fight as he waits for his shot at the title.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Jan 4 2009, 06:54 AM
Post #137

Choppin Headz Boi!

-Larry Holmes stopped Kimbo Slice easily in the 1st round. The two had a history of bad blood. Kimbo injured Holmes shortly after Holmes trilogy with Dipsy Gawn. Kimbo tried to knock Holmes out but was obviosuly outclassed. Holmes said after the fight that he wanted to fight either Jorge Alcarez, Evander Holyfield, Elvin Smalls, Giant Man III, and even Harold Angus.

-Grey Fox dropped a UD to former champion Lucian Bute. Grey Fox left Bute slightly battered though. It was a good fight. Fox is still in the picture.

-Fernando Morales lost in his first title shot vs. Middleweight Champion Claudio Berrocales. Fernando gave a good effort and will continue to battle contenders in hopes of another title shot, etiher at 160 or 168.

-A shot Zab Judah defeated a shot Maxy KoKaine by wide decision to open up Superfight Sunday.

-Legendary Z Gorres successfully won his comeback fight vs. former champion Daniel Diaz. Gorres however wants to get a few more tune-up fights before challenging some of the bigger names. Gorres was asked about another fight with Cyrus "HWG" Virus and Gorres said he wasn't interested. Gorres and HWG fought two close battles in Jan. of last year, HWG went 1-0-1 over Gorres.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Jan 11 2009, 05:51 AM
Post #138

Choppin Headz Boi!

-Larry Holmes defeated Campbell Woodstack Greer by dominant decision but had a scare late as he was slightly buzzed. Holmes is looking to fight the winner of Giant Man III vs. Elvin Smalls.

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Jan 11 2009, 06:41 AM
Post #139

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Member No.: 1,443

- Teddy Bunter has thrown out a challenge to Larry Holmes. Bunter claims he would knock Larry out in 7 rounds and has demanded to be given an opportunity against the former world champion.

- Bugsy "Long" Gawn will rematch Raiden next week. Raiden thrashed Gawn on points a while back but Bugsy wants to try and avenge that defeat so that he can get back in the title picture.

- Kinto "The Genius" Mulberry believes he is being avoided by the big name heavyweights and feels he should be in line for a title shot. Mulberry says, "I would fight Giant Man III head to head, toe to toe."

- Reggie "The Kiss" Hope faces tough challenger Sonny Boy Jaro in his next title defence. Flyweight king Reggie says he has 2 or 3 more fights at the top level left in him before he steps down a notch but he isn't planning to retire until 2010.

- Soul "Erotic Thunder" Canton retained his cruiserweight title with a unanimous decision over Kaitlyn Ashley in an uneventful bout. Canton claims he is the worlds greatest ever cruiserweight but most pundits don't even see him as the true champion. That accolade belongs to Ronnie "The Face" Baxter who beat "Awesome" Aaron Williams via split decision and has a rematch with him next week. Baxter-Williams overshadows anything Canton can appear in.

- Jarret "White Light" Sharp meets Mike Taylor next Sunday vowing to put the former champion in a wooden box!

+Quote Post
BigG
post Jan 11 2009, 12:27 PM
Post #140

Choppin Headz Boi!

-Larry Holmes responds to Bunter..."I'll have to see my options..Bunter is a good fight I guess and a good tune-up for me. I'm getting a title shot at the winner of Smalls-Giant Man III. Bunter is a hack, that's all I know. The real challenge for me is the Giant Man III vs. Smalls winner.

-Raiden did not want that fight..."I wanted Jean Pascal, not this old bitch, who I've already dominated by wide UD in the past....I'll skate through Gawn and the rest of the contenders easily until I get either Bute or Pascal in a rematch for the title."

In other news...

-A shot Zab Judah remains active with a first round KO over former champion, Hellfire Feliciano. It was Judah's 80th fight. Judah wants to have 120 before calling it quits.

-The humble, baby-faced, Team Judah prospect, David Archuleta, went to distance for the first time in a lackluster fight vs. Antonio Ramirez. Archueta did not train properly, and according to his team, has been getting bombarded by female fans of his.

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 04:34 AM