Reply to this topicStart new topic
> News from WeBL
The CEO
post Jan 14 2009, 07:31 PM
Post #151

SKULLSPLITTER

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,665

Guys....just take a break....everyone will get refreshed....another reason I retired for a little while is because I'm busy closing on another house...we're moving again...we'll be in our new house the beginning of February....

We could start an official "FightHype" region and transfer some of our important and newer fighters to the rejuvenated/new gyms...my projected time back will be in April....we could set it for then....everyone would start at 0-0-0, and we'd go at it tooth and nail again like we used to do....

I think this is a beneficial proposal for everybody....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigG
post Jan 14 2009, 07:47 PM
Post #152

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

If we do that, I get the name Zab "Super" Judah. Judah will FOREVER be my fighter.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Jan 14 2009, 07:55 PM
Post #153

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

Ofcourse....you and Judah are pretty much synonymous...whenever I hear the name Zab Judah, I think about Big G....it's like that...lol

+Quote Post
CyruS
post Jan 25 2009, 03:48 AM
Post #154

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 2,070

- Giant Man III lost the World Heavyweight Championship for the 2nd time, this time, to Larry Holmes via TKO by exhaustion. Holmes was booed right out of the arena for his display of Olympic Track Running in the ring.

- Trinidad lost via UD to Brittney Skye. This marks the 3rd straight loss for Trinidad and his 3rd loss to Skye alone. After the fight, Trinidad admitted that Skye basically has his number. Trinidad announced he is moving up to 154 and will fight former World Jr. Middleweight Champion, Erislandy Lara in a #1 contenders match. Trinidad did say he would love to fight Jarret Sharp for the Undisputed Welterweight Titles very soon.

- Running Man lost via close UD to Timothy Bradley in a failed bid to win the Jr. Welterweight Title. Running Man will get another shot next week since the once red hot and deep 140 pound division has become a barren wasteland since fighters have moved up.

- Joan Guzman lost the World Lightweight Title to #1 Contender Amir Kahn via UD. After the fight Guzman said that the fight was very difficult to score hence the different ranges of scores. But with a smile on his face he said he didn't mine since he will get a shot to win the Lightweight Title for a 9th time..... Guzman seems obsessed with winning the Lightweight Title.

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Jan 25 2009, 04:53 AM
Post #155

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Member No.: 1,443

- Jarret "White Light" Sharp ripped the world welterweight title from Juan "Apuru" Herrera when he knocked out the defending champion in the 12th round. Sharp showed no respect for the champion inside the ring and his ruthless approach was enough to wear down and eventually KO a man many felt was P4P no.1. Sharp immediately signed to fight Brittney Skye after the fight and promised, "The bitch gettin' slapped cold."

- The self proclaimed greatest cruiserweight of all time, Soul "Erotic Thunder" Canton, retained his title with a one sided unanimous decision victory over Dave "The Boston Massacre" Burdette. Canton wants to meet the winner of the 4th fight between Ronnie "The Face" Baxter and "Awesome" Aaron Williams to determine who is the undisputed champion at 200Ib.

- Reggie "The Kiss" Hope retained his flyweight crown with a 1st round KO over Tommy Cello. Reggie, who is nearing the end of a magnificent career could now face old rival "Awesome" Awesome in his next defence.

- Former heavyweight champion Sennen "Cuban Link" Pink has labelled Larry Holmes a disgrace for the way he boxed Giant Man III last night. Pink said, "He didn't just run away he basically refused to fight. Holmes shoulda been disqualified. He landed one punch, a fuckin' jab in the 1st round...he should be ashamed of himself!"

+Quote Post
Blayde
post Jan 25 2009, 02:35 PM
Post #156

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,655

Former P4P champion Juan "Apuro" Herrera is considering retirement. After losing his welterweight title by 12th round knockout against Jarret "White Light" Sharp the former champion is not sure how to continue yet. Come Sunday he will fight Mike Taylor but regardless of the outcome he is very unsure about his future. If he is victorious, the two option will probably be a Sharp rematch and a fight against Brittney Skye who Herrera has never fought yet. The only thing "Apuro" knows is that he will definitely not fight on forever. "Im not sure if Im still at my best. I aint got no business getting knocked the fuck out in the final round. Right now I dont know what Im going to do after the Taylor fight. But I will have around 5 more fights max."

With his victory against Joan Guzman for the Lightweight Championship Bolton's Amir Khan drew great PPV numbers in the UK and has finally entered the big name territory.
Khan: "Guzmans always been a great fighter. He was the best in the past. But right now I know Im the best lightweight in the world. He isnt as fast as he was some time ago. Im as fast as anyone can be. I can beat anyone at 135."

This post has been edited by Blayde: Jan 25 2009, 02:38 PM

+Quote Post
Blayde
post Jan 26 2009, 03:29 AM
Post #157

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,655

In addition to "Apuro" Herrera former super middleweight champ Jean Pascal has also stated he is considering retirement. After he had recently become champion against Lucian Bute again, he lost his title to stable mate Jeff "Left Hook" Lacy.

Pascal: "After last Sunday I have to seriously think if I still have everything to be the number one guy. I just lost to another Arena fighter in Jeff, you know. If I cant even be the best of my gym, it doesnt make sense to go on."

The Canadian's record stands at 61-15-1 with 23 KOs 37 title wins. Hes been around from the start and has fought the likes of Wexley Gawn, Deep Freeze Gawn, Ice Cream Gawn, Butkiss, The Genesis, Roy Jones, Soup Bone Sloan, Malik Abu Husson and Super.

This post has been edited by Blayde: Jan 26 2009, 03:31 AM

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Jan 29 2009, 02:13 PM
Post #158

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Member No.: 1,443

- Lucien Bute has said he will have mixed feelings if old rival Jean Pascal retires. Bute said, "I hate our rivalry but the man is a top fighter and it will be a shame for him to go. Lacy is nowhere near as good as Jean Pascal and never will be. That much I know for sure."

- Harry Angus will face Bridgette Kerkove this weekend and is considering launching a full scale comeback.

- Jarret "White Light" Sharp has hired former middleweight champion Terry Bates as his chief sparring partner as he prepares to defend his title against the heavy hitting Brittney Skye. Sharp has told close friends he expects a tough fight.

- Slax Mason Greer has challenged Giant Man III to face him should they both win their next bouts. Greer has wins over Evander Holyfield, Peligro Alcarez and Tony Maxwell on his resume.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Jan 29 2009, 02:31 PM
Post #159

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

-Holmes is wondering why Giant Man III has been a no-show in the press confernces...maybe he is actually doing his road work? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

-David Archuleta, Team Judah's heathrob and most popular fighter, continues to fight his way to the top. Several Boxing Insiders have labeled him..."THE FUTURE of our sport'.

-Fernando Morales, a young gritty contender from Team Judah, will fight contender Kingsley Ikeke this Sunday. Morales has had 1 title shot and lost to Claudio Berrocales and lost by UD. Morales avenged that loss in his last fight by a spectacular 12th round TKO. Morales, currently homeless, sleeps in the kitchen of Zab Judah.

-Grey Fox is in a slump and has been given a tune up fight this Sunday. Hopes to make a return.

-Popeye The Sailor Man is improving every fight.

-JoJo, the baddest bitch the league has ever seen next to Tera Patrick, is not retired. She is always in the gym.

-Zab Judah will fight Jackson Busneu in a rematch after getting KO'd in 7 last time. The fight hasn't got much publicity but it may very well be Zab Judah's last fight...ever..in the league. Judah will give it his best....

+Quote Post
ghost13
post Jan 30 2009, 05:38 PM
Post #160

Bantamweight

Member No.: 4,711

4 titles fights this weekend for my gym

Shy Love takes on the Middleweight champion King Arthur Abraham. This might be Love's last chance to be champion. She's going to bring it

Brittney Skye takes on the Welterweight champion Jarret "White Light" Sharp. Skye looks to become champion for the 5th time. Skye commented "somebody is going to get knocked the fuck out. And it ain't going to be me".

Jesse Jane takes on the Super Bantamweight champion Shane Moses. The HOFer Jane who's been looking at retirement for awhile looks to become a 4 division champion

Straweight champion Nautica Thorn defends her title against KROPOEK. Thorn will be making her 4th defense. KROPOEK can punch. But those 5 losses by knock out tell another story.

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 08:42 PM