IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> News from WeBL
Maxy
post Sep 5 2008, 04:45 PM
Post #21

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,443

- Kinto "The Genius" Mulberry has thrown out a winner takes all challenge to Larry Holmes. Mulberry is desperate to avenge his lone defeat.

- Wexley "Power" Gawn is still in a coma.

- The funeral of Tony Palomino took place today. It was attended by a host of great fighters including Z Gorres, HWG, Luis Collazo, Fernando Montiel, Reggie "The Kiss" Hope, Tyrone "Soup Bone" Sloane, Travis Simms, Dipsy Gawn, Lanky Gawn, Kindred Cole, Roger Mayweather, Evander Holyfield, Cyrus "Touch oF SleeP" ViruS, Joan Guzman, Allan Green, Maxy "Deep Freeze" Gawn, Luis "El Gallo" Singo and Miguel Torres. Harold "Harry" Angus did not attend.

This post has been edited by Maxy: Sep 5 2008, 04:55 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Sep 7 2008, 05:58 AM
Post #22

- Bugsy "Long" Gawn is to challenge Jean Pascal for the super middleweight title next week in what will be his 67th pro fight.

- Maxy "Deep Freeze" Gawn has withdrawn from his attempts to sign recently beaten light heavyweight Nigel McGuinness. Freeze said, "I think TOS will drive a hard bargain and I'm not sure it would be worth it. The door isn't totally closed though but unless I hear from him I won't be stepping up my attempts to sign him."

- Harold "Harry" Angus is rumoured to be considering a challenge against Larry Holmes although Angus refused to comment when asked last night.

+Quote Post
CyruS
post Sep 7 2008, 11:49 AM
Post #23

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,070

- Nigel McGuinness was irate with his performance and the pitty pat punches thrown by Thomas Hearns to take away the undisputed titles from the brit. Nigel was yelling out that if TOS and himself can't get the job done in a rematch then he is making sure TOS let's go over their contract. Nigel was quoted as saying "If I was training under Deep Freeze, this bloody fight wouldn't have happened!"

- Giant Man has signed on to fight CyruS "Iron" ViruS in a retirement fight. This will be Giant Man's last fight of his career, he is a 61 fight veteran who has been in the ring with everyone in the heavyweight division. Doctors have said Giant Man has significant brain damage.

- Jimmy Jack Judah is said to be training very hard with Miguel Cotto in order to get ready for the Superdome match up between himself and Zab Judah for the Lineal Jr. Welterweight Title. The build up to this fight has been superb.

- Miguel Cotto defeated Floyd Mayweather Jr. by UD to win the World's Jr. Welterweight Title for a record 6th time. Cotto is signed on to defend against Herman Ngoudjo next week.

- Joan Guzman is now looking over a list of possible comeback opponents. He has not ruled out just jumping into a Lightweight Title fight his first fight back.

- No Fear has announced a return to the ring and he has signed on to face the conqueror of Gamboa, "Twiggy" Austin Harris for the World Featherweight Championship. No Fear could end up making more history to his historic career for he won this bout, he would become a 7-division world champion.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Sep 7 2008, 11:57 AM
Post #24

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

Giant Man has signed on to fight CyruS "Iron" ViruS in a retirement fight. This will be Giant Man's last fight of his career, he is a 61 fight veteran who has been in the ring with everyone in the heavyweight division. Doctors have said Giant Man has significant brain damage.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) That was my boy!

+Quote Post
CyruS
post Sep 7 2008, 12:00 PM
Post #25

Junior Middleweight

Giant Man has been losing AP's and it didnt help that he got hammered by Dark Heaven 5 weeks in a row (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Giant Man has slurred speech and sometimes he doesn't even know where he is. 36 Chambers has gotten backlash for even allowing Giant Man in the ring with Iron for a retirement fight.

The Doctors said Giant Man and I quote... "He's fucking done man!" - Dr. Michael Cochran brother of Lawyer Sonny Cochran

+Quote Post
BigG
post Sep 7 2008, 12:03 PM
Post #26

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

The 36 Chambers should be ashamed of themselves...why put Giant Man in there with Dark Heaven 4 more times after he had been viciously knocked out the 3 first times...I hope Giant Man is taken care of after retirement. He wasn't exactly a rich fighter....

+Quote Post
CyruS
post Sep 7 2008, 12:07 PM
Post #27

Junior Middleweight

36 Chambers wasn't responsible for Giant Man being in there with Dark Heaven that many times. They have no idea what happened. It's a damn shame.

+Quote Post
CyruS
post Sep 7 2008, 12:25 PM
Post #28

Junior Middleweight

TOS has sent an offer to Deep Freeze in regards to Nigel McGuinness.

TOS will let Nigel out of his contract if Deep Freeze can find a way to get the contracts of Lanky "Maxy" Gawn Jnr. & Muckles Reilly transferred to the Only Built 4 TOS gym.

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Sep 7 2008, 12:34 PM
Post #29

QUOTE(CyruS @ Sep 7 2008, 12:25 PM) [snapback]403559[/snapback]
TOS has sent an offer to Deep Freeze in regards to Nigel McGuinness.

TOS will let Nigel out of his contract if Deep Freeze can find a way to get the contracts of Lanky "Maxy" Gawn Jnr. & Muckles Reilly transferred to the Only Built 4 TOS gym.

Deep Freeze has responded to the offer by saying, "Nothing can be done until I have reached a deal with Angus because he controls both Reilly and Gawn Jnr. However, I know I am able to pull this out so I will be speaking to Angus asap. However, I will wait until after the McGuinness-Hearns rematch....ahem (talks on mobile)....actually I've just had a call and Muckles Reilly has agreed to join TOS. I'll get that part of the deal sorted right away."

+Quote Post
BigJuicyHog
post Sep 7 2008, 12:47 PM
Post #30

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 109

Once again as a heavy underdog, Luis "El Gallo" Singo became world champion for a 6th time by outpointing Yutaka Niida. His improbable run continues.

"Twiggy" Austin Harris showed that he may not be as "Twiggy" as thought as he scored his second straight KO, this one over P4P all-time great Yuriorkis Gamboa.

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 12:15 PM