kidbazooka1
post Jul 27 2008, 02:19 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jul 27 2008, 02:56 PM) [snapback]397516[/snapback]
Classy Cotto..hope he fights Berto..

That would be a good win for Cotto to come back on.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
salvador
post Jul 27 2008, 04:43 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,307

QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jul 27 2008, 02:56 PM) [snapback]397516[/snapback]
Classy Cotto..hope he fights Berto..

I think Berto would be a terrible choice. I'd think that the very last guy Cotto would want to face next would be an undefeated contender who'd just gotten a ton of confidence after watching Cotto get destroyed like that. Cotto needs to take at least 6 months off and then, if he returns, it should be against very limited competition - RICKY HATTON.

George, I know you love Cotto, but I think you're seriously underestimating the damage he sustained last night. The slow motion replay of the last 5 seconds of the 10th round show that Cotto was essentially out on his feet when the bell rang - like a real concussion. And then, after only a minute's rest, he was back in the ring having his concussed head cracked some more. His corner should have stopped the fight after the 10th round. I've watched those last rounds several times today and the more I see, the less likely I think it is that Cotto can come back from that beating. It's just impossible for me to see him in a competitive fight with any of the big wws again.

The real fear, of course, is that DLH will pick the easy prey and make an offer Cotto can't refuse. That would be tragic.

+Quote Post
hitman harding
post Jul 27 2008, 04:49 PM
Post #5

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 2,603

QUOTE(salvador @ Jul 27 2008, 05:43 PM) [snapback]397555[/snapback]
I think Berto would be a terrible choice. I'd think that the very last guy Cotto would want to face next would be an undefeated contender who'd just gotten a ton of confidence after watching Cotto get destroyed like that. Cotto needs to take at least 6 months off and then, if he returns, it should be against very limited competition - RICKY HATTON.

George, I know you love Cotto, but I think you're seriously underestimating the damage he sustained last night. The slow motion replay of the last 5 seconds of the 10th round show that Cotto was essentially out on his feet when the bell rang - like a real concussion. And then, after only a minute's rest, he was back in the ring having his concussed head cracked some more. His corner should have stopped the fight after the 10th round. I've watched those last rounds several times today and the more I see, the less likely I think it is that Cotto can come back from that beating. It's just impossible for me to see him in a competitive fight with any of the big wws again.

The real fear, of course, is that DLH will pick the easy prey and make an offer Cotto can't refuse. That would be tragic.

I remember watching Cotto v N'dou and i thought he wasn't able to handle the mauling type boxers very well then. To throw him in with Hatton at 140# would be wise.
Cotto losing made my day.
Adleast Hatton lost to p4p 1 fighter not a guy that got beat by Daniel Santos lol

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post Jul 27 2008, 04:56 PM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,333

I will Return
(IMG:http://www.medalofhonor.com/DouglasMacArthurSalute.jpg)

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Jul 27 2008, 05:24 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,319

Berto reminds me of a poor mans Mosley his chin seems pretty suspect aswell. I see Berto taking a brutal beating at the hands of Cotto.

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Jul 27 2008, 05:31 PM
Post #8

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

funny how the 2/3 of this fight was forgotten,.....you know when Cotto was completely outclassing Tony,.......whoa...no props?

+Quote Post
salvador
post Jul 27 2008, 05:45 PM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

QUOTE(BoxingStill#1 @ Jul 27 2008, 06:31 PM) [snapback]397567[/snapback]
funny how the 2/3 of this fight was forgotten,.....you know when Cotto was completely outclassing Tony,.......whoa...no props?

Cotto was outboxing Tony for most of the fight, but "completely outclassing Tony"?????? How drunk were you? The difference in the fight was that Tony could take everything Cotto could dish out and and Cotto couldn't take what Tony dished out. I would argue that Tony's chin outclassed Cotto's power. Being able to take a punch might be the most important quality of a true championship level fighter - and p4p, Tony's the BEST at that.

And if you seriously don't think that Cotto will be a very different fighter going forward, take a look at Vargas after Tito. That's what happens when fighters have concussions and are allowed to continue taking punishment. Cotto was concussed for that entire 11th round - his chin was defenseless to the huge shots from the bigger man. No one's taking anything away from Cotto, just like I'd never take anything away from Vargas, but Cotto's corner should have stopped this fight after the 10th.

+Quote Post
salvador
post Jul 27 2008, 05:47 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

QUOTE(hitman harding @ Jul 27 2008, 05:49 PM) [snapback]397556[/snapback]
Adleast Hatton lost to p4p 1 fighter not a guy that got beat by Daniel Santos lol

that's funny!

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 09:36 PM