Reply to this topicStart new topic
> MIGUEL COTTO, I will return!!!
King Eugene
post Jul 28 2008, 05:40 AM
Post #21

Proud American

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,577

trust and believe he will be back. nobody can live with a lost like that. I think he'll be back stronger. and he shouldn't fight no bum next either.

I don't care what nobody says he'll want a rematch sooner or later. too much pride to live with that beating for him and his country!

oh and even tho retired...MAYWEATHER is still the BEST!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Jul 28 2008, 09:09 AM
Post #22

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

Cotto is finished... PR has to look for another ICON to worship... Margarito is a natural middle who lost to Daniel Santos at 154 and came back to 147 to beat on smaller welters--- Cotto tailor made for him

+Quote Post
Tha Docta
post Jul 28 2008, 11:46 AM
Post #23

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,774

QUOTE(neophyte7 @ Jul 28 2008, 10:09 AM) [snapback]397663[/snapback]
Cotto is finished... PR has to look for another ICON to worship... Margarito is a natural middle who lost to Daniel Santos at 154 and came back to 147 to beat on smaller welters--- Cotto tailor made for him

people are quick to say a guy is finished, but i will wait and see. i think cotto will look at the tape and realize that if he tied up a little more and went to the body more often he would have had a better chance.

and people knock margarito for the santos fight but i give margarito alot of credit for that fight. santos was a lightheavyweight when they stepped in the ring that night and margarito was beginning to take control of that fight before the cut stoppage.

i would say that kermit cintron is tailor made for margarito, but not cotto. look at margaritos face and tell me that cotto is tailor made for him.

+Quote Post
Imperius3
post Jul 28 2008, 03:30 PM
Post #24

Welterweight

Member No.: 931

Cotto might have left a piece of himself in the ring the other night, but I will reserve judgment until I see him fight again. He is young, he can recover. Sometimes a loss can do good things to a fighter.

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Jul 28 2008, 07:28 PM
Post #25

Proud American

Member No.: 7,577

QUOTE(neophyte7 @ Jul 28 2008, 10:09 AM) [snapback]397663[/snapback]

He is far from finished...its just one lost.

+Quote Post
BrutalBodyShots
post Jul 28 2008, 07:32 PM
Post #26

ON the edge

Member No.: 240

I think a good reference for what may happen to Cotto is to look at Fernando Vargas following the Trinidad beating. In my estimation both Cotto and Vargas took similar punishment from their opponents on those nights, although Vargas was concussed more to the head and Cotto beaten more to the body as a whole they took about the same damage over about the same time span of 30-35 minutes. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cotto's resiliency and ability to take shots greatly diminish following the Margarito loss the same way Vargas wasn't able to.

For a more recent reference, I'd look at Calzaghe/Lacy. Again, a long sustained beating; only that Lacy actually finished the fight on his feet. However, Lacy too lost a piece of that hunger/desire that he possessed pre-Calzaghe and he hasn't been the same since.

+Quote Post
FenderDG3
post Jul 28 2008, 07:47 PM
Post #27

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 6,356

QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Jul 28 2008, 07:32 PM) [snapback]397755[/snapback]
I think a good reference for what may happen to Cotto is to look at Fernando Vargas following the Trinidad beating. In my estimation both Cotto and Vargas took similar punishment from their opponents on those nights, although Vargas was concussed more to the head and Cotto beaten more to the body as a whole they took about the same damage over about the same time span of 30-35 minutes. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cotto's resiliency and ability to take shots greatly diminish following the Margarito loss the same way Vargas wasn't able to.

For a more recent reference, I'd look at Calzaghe/Lacy. Again, a long sustained beating; only that Lacy actually finished the fight on his feet. However, Lacy too lost a piece of that hunger/desire that he possessed pre-Calzaghe and he hasn't been the same since.

Brutal, you make some great points. I would like to expand upon them a little bit if I may. I hope we don't have a Castillo/Corrales situation here. I really feel that both of those fighters left a lot of themselves in the ring their first fight, and weren't the same fighters after that fight.

+Quote Post
woooooo
post Jul 28 2008, 08:12 PM
Post #28

Lightweight

Member No.: 3,061

After Clottey takes care of Judah once and FOR ALL, I'd pick Clottey over Margarito even after this fight.

Williams and Margarito is still a toss up.

+Quote Post
BrutalBodyShots
post Jul 28 2008, 08:53 PM
Post #29

ON the edge

Member No.: 240

QUOTE(FenderDG3 @ Jul 28 2008, 08:47 PM) [snapback]397758[/snapback]
Brutal, you make some great points. I would like to expand upon them a little bit if I may. I hope we don't have a Castillo/Corrales situation here. I really feel that both of those fighters left a lot of themselves in the ring their first fight, and weren't the same fighters after that fight.

I agree. What amazes me about Margarito though is that he never appears to be hurt in the ring. It seems almost impossible to even stun the guy, be it to the head or body. Castillo and Corrales both showed signs of being badly hurt in their first fight. Trinidad and Vargas were both hurt in their fight, etc. It amazes me that in such a brutal fight like Margarito/Cotto that one man never even seemed phased by the punching of the other. Eventually of course it WILL catch up to Margarito, but until I actually see him show signs of being hurt in the ring I have no reason to assume that he will indeed be more susceptible to being hurt in the ring based on this fight. He may just be one of those guys genetically that just has extreme resiliency.

+Quote Post
FenderDG3
post Jul 28 2008, 09:39 PM
Post #30

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 6,356

QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Jul 28 2008, 08:53 PM) [snapback]397768[/snapback]
I agree. What amazes me about Margarito though is that he never appears to be hurt in the ring. It seems almost impossible to even stun the guy, be it to the head or body. Castillo and Corrales both showed signs of being badly hurt in their first fight. Trinidad and Vargas were both hurt in their fight, etc. It amazes me that in such a brutal fight like Margarito/Cotto that one man never even seemed phased by the punching of the other. Eventually of course it WILL catch up to Margarito, but until I actually see him show signs of being hurt in the ring I have no reason to assume that he will indeed be more susceptible to being hurt in the ring based on this fight. He may just be one of those guys genetically that just has extreme resiliency.

It really was unreal wasn't it?? That's one thing that is undeniable about Margarito and that is his granite chin.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 12:22 PM