> MIGUEL COTTO, I will return!!!
Sugar Q
post Aug 1 2008, 09:23 AM
Post #71

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,496

QUOTE(woooooo @ Jul 28 2008, 11:51 PM) [snapback]397794[/snapback]
Margarito has been hurt badly before against Santos and rocked a couple times against Clottey.

He does have a very good chin, but I think granite is a bit much.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xlnU-4qnHx4

Good point my dude. How do you make a world beater out of a guy that has three opponents currently out there (all 3 current champions coming off big wins. Yes Im picking Clottey over Judah) 2 losses and one controversial decision. He out bravadoed a fighter that thought he could out bravado every opponent. Congrats to Tony but Cotto fought a unintelligent fight and got beat at his own game.

This post has been edited by Sugar Q: Aug 1 2008, 09:27 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Vee469
post Aug 1 2008, 01:12 PM
Post #72

Amateur

Member No.: 7,876

QUOTE(salvador @ Jul 27 2008, 10:45 PM) [snapback]397602[/snapback]
I've watched the last 2 rounds of this fight enough times today to say without a shadow of a doubt that Cotto WILL BE A LESSER FIGHTER GOING FORWARD. There's no way he's ever going to have the confidence he had before Margarito. And without that confidence, Cotto will never be Cotto again. It's very very sad, but undeniable.

I would have to say that the crystal ball you're looking into that is guaranteeing Cotto will be a lesser fighter going forward needs a little polishing. I think everyone needs to sit back and see if Cotto is hungry enough to reclaim his title. The only person that can decide whether he will or will not be the same is Cotto. He can come back stronger and more determined, school of Hardknocks graduate. I don't think anyone should count him out just yet, he's young and strong. I like most Cotto fans were disappointed to see a loss, but definately not ashamed. He was the boxer with the cleaner shots, but not the stamina to endure 12 rounds of brawling. His corner needs to study the tapes a little better, where there's a will there's a way. Cotto will be back.

+Quote Post
Devo
post Aug 1 2008, 08:13 PM
Post #73

Strawweight

Member No.: 7,743

....Cottos' lack of power was his un-doing ....he pulls his punches to throw fast combinations & he throws arm-punches to boot . If he were to sit-down on his punches & use his legs to gain more power he would not be Miguel Cotto ..... interesting to see what adjustments Evangelista attempts .....no rematch required !!!

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 08:43 AM