IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dreamfight: Trinidad vs. Margarito! Who Wins?
Jack 1000
post Jul 27 2008, 10:52 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

It certainly would be the fight to talk about! If only we could turn back the clock about 5 years for Tito, what a great match that would have been! It's too bad that the fight last night didn't happen say 5 years ago with a prime Trinidad! In a dreamfight situation with Tito-Margarito, I would take Trinidad in a war. The intrigue for this fight, aside from the power and determination of both men, would be how well Trinidad's chin could take Margarito's bombs? Margarito's chin can take anything. But I would see this as playing out similar to Williams-Margarito. Tito's chin was really his only chink in his ability, and when you hurt Tito, he would just become more aggressive, often KOing guys a round or two later. But nothing stops Margarito in a war situation. Tito would win somehow with an awkward style, but he'd probably have to come off the floor twice to take along the lines of a split decision.

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigG
post Jul 27 2008, 11:05 PM
Post #2

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

Trinidad by UD or late KO. Trinidad was just as big as Margarito and he was a real sharp shooter at WW. Dont know if you could have beaten Tito just by applying pressure

+Quote Post
PR316
post Jul 29 2008, 03:36 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 107

I was JUST gonna post this one. Beat me to it, Jack. LOL...

That said, Trinidad would have stopped him. Probably in 10 rounds or so. Margarito is just too wide open and slow, and Trinidad would have had countless opportunities to tee off on him with flush, powershots one after another. I could see Margarito scoring an early knockdown, but not much else beyond that. Trinidad would definitely dust himself off and put quite the hurting on Margarito. Just as big and strong, quicker with his hands, much more powerful with his punches. I don't think Margarito would have been able to back Trinidad up as succesfully as he does the likes of Cintron, Cotto, Clottey, etc. If anybody could make Tony taste the canvas, it was Tito.

Trinidad TKO 10 after a brutal barrage.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Jul 30 2008, 09:18 AM
Post #4

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

Trinidad by UD or late KO. Trinidad was just as big as Margarito....

and that's it right there....Margarito's relentless attack won't cut it against a smart boxer/puncher around his own size....

Cotto was too small....I tried to overlook it...but it's true.

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Jul 31 2008, 07:48 AM
Post #5

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

Trinidad by UD!!!!

Maybe corner stoppage late!

+Quote Post
Landiz_Tha Don
post Jul 31 2008, 09:08 PM
Post #6

Strawweight

Member No.: 7,860

QUOTE(PR316 @ Jul 29 2008, 01:36 PM) [snapback]397938[/snapback]
I was JUST gonna post this one. Beat me to it, Jack. LOL...
That said, Trinidad would have stopped him. Probably in 10 rounds or so. Margarito is just too wide open and slow, and Trinidad would have had countless opportunities to tee off on him with flush, powershots one after another. I could see Margarito scoring an early knockdown, but not much else beyond that. Trinidad would definitely dust himself off and put quite the hurting on Margarito. Just as big and strong, quicker with his hands, much more powerful with his punches. I don't think Margarito would have been able to back Trinidad up as succesfully as he does the likes of Cintron, Cotto, Clottey, etc. If anybody could make Tony taste the canvas, it was Tito.
Trinidad TKO 10 after a brutal barrage.

MARGARITO THE SAME WAY HE STOPPED COTTO. PUT PRESSURE GET HIM TIRED WHILE TRINIDAD IS LANDING SOME SHOTS, THEN AFTER THE 6TH LET THOSE BOMBS DROP ON TRINIDADS ASS (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aggressive.gif) THEN KNOCK HIS ASS OUT AND LEAVE HIM LOOKING LIKE THIS (IMG:style_emoticons/default/black eye.gif) . CMON GUYS U KNOW THE SAME THING WILL HAPPEN TO TRINIDAD ON THE REAL. U GUYS R HATING ON HIM TOO MUCH GIVE HIM SOME CREDIT. JUST BECAUSE HE BEAT THE GUY YOU WERE ROOTING FOR GOT KNOCCED OUT BY MY HOMIE TJ TORNADO.

Landiz_Tha Don Peace!

+Quote Post
PR316
post Aug 1 2008, 08:15 AM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

^^^^Prime Fernando Vargas was a better fighter than Margarito.

+Quote Post
Douchebag
post Aug 1 2008, 05:17 PM
Post #8

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 6,400

QUOTE(PR316 @ Aug 1 2008, 09:15 AM) [snapback]398399[/snapback]
^^^^Prime Fernando Vargas was a better fighter than Margarito.

He was a better technical fighter but I really don't think he was as durable as Tony is. Kermit Cintron is the closes thing to Trinidad that Tony has faced and look what he did to him. Now who has Trinidad faced that resembles Tony is the question.

+Quote Post
PR316
post Aug 1 2008, 07:38 PM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Vargas was bigger and stronger than Margarito and had better skills. Maybe not as durable, but a more difficult fight for Trinidad any day than a guy like Margarito.

Kermit Cintron is nowhere close to Trinidad and I know you didn't say he was. But Tito had twice the talent, twice the power, and twice the toughness of Cintron.

Similar to Tony???.... In terms of STYLES, Trinidad faced some guys like Tony if not in terms of overall quality.

But Vargas was a much better fighter than Margarito. I have no doubt about that.

+Quote Post
Douchebag
post Aug 2 2008, 10:34 PM
Post #10

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 6,400

QUOTE(PR316 @ Aug 1 2008, 08:38 PM) [snapback]398439[/snapback]
Vargas was bigger and stronger than Margarito and had better skills. Maybe not as durable, but a more difficult fight for Trinidad any day than a guy like Margarito.

Kermit Cintron is nowhere close to Trinidad and I know you didn't say he was. But Tito had twice the talent, twice the power, and twice the toughness of Cintron.
Similar to Tony???.... In terms of STYLES, Trinidad faced some guys like Tony if not in terms of overall quality.
But Vargas was a much better fighter than Margarito. I have no doubt about that.

Two times as much power is a bit much. What Comic book have you been reading?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 12:39 AM