IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sennen "Cuban Link" Pink vs. "The Easton Assassin" Larry Holmes, World Heavyweight Title
BigG
post Aug 30 2008, 09:01 AM
Post #11

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

During the press conference, Holmes agreed with his next opponent regarding Jorge Alcarez and had this to say:

"Look, I don't know nothing about this kid Jorge Alcarez. All I know is he KO'd Evander Holyfield in 3 rounds. Well big fucking deal. Evander is washed up and he's been washed up for some time now. Now Alcarez is fighting another washed up ex champion in Maxy "Ice Cream" Gawn. I've never seen this kid Jogje. I've seen him spar for a while and he seems to have some raw talent, but this kid is minor leagues compared to me. Fact is, when I BEAT Cuban Link, who'm I respect a great deal by the way, I'm fighting Cyrus "Iron" Virus. in my final fight. Fighting Lanky Gawn makes no sense for me, unless he gets a couple of really BIG wins. Fact is, Me and Cuan Link are back to back the best Heavyweights around today. Alcarez needs to do something before talking shit. Beating Evander Holyfield is a good step up but it doesn't make you a superstar. Alcarez, if you really think you're the shit, fight and beat more contenders. I've paid my fucking dues...I didn't have any easy way to the top. I had to fight TOS in my 12th fight as a fighter. I had to fight Dark Heaven in my 11th fight, back when Heaven was in his prime. I fought Dipsy 3 times. I fought plenty of old time contenders. Alcarez, do something first. Beating Evander was a start."

Holmes would also comment on his next opponent and Cyrus "Iron" Virus:

"Cuban Link is a very good fighter, will be great someday. But tomorrow isn't his night. Fighting Larry Holmes ain't no game. I understand that I lived in the shadow of Dipsy Gawn for most of my career and I'm not a big draw, so I never really get the higher paycheck whenever I fight. I take the smaller cut. What can I do? This is the biggest payday of my life. It's been a LONG LONG time coming, but it's here. I know Dipsy and Harold Angus think very highly of their pupil, their golden boy, but they know how tough this will be for him."

"Cyrus "Iron" Virus is one of the most popular fighters of all time and I want to fight him after I get through with Cuban Link. I've always wanted to fight him. I don't know if he's boy TOS will allow it to happen though but we owe it to the fans. Better late then never."

Long time stablemate and former Holmes victim, Max Kellerman had this to say.

"Look, people may say Larry lost the heart to fight after fighting the Gawn cousins a long time ago and Larry even said it himself once but I will tell you, that is absolutely not true. Look, Larry is inactive these days because he is waiting for the big fights. I'll tell you straight, losing to Dipsy Gawn 2x hurt his career. Inactivity hurt his career. Larry also got caught vs. Alexander Alexeev in a fight he was winning easily. Shit happens. But to Larry, this fight is his moment. Beating Lanky for some reason wasn't his moment. People said Lanky was old but I don't buy that. He is old now but he wasn't when Larry got him. People said Kinto was just a young inexperienced kid when Larry knocked him out. Now Larry is fighting the prized pupil of his rival. In Larry's mind, this is revenge. Cuabn Link is in his prime, Cuban Link is a great fighter, this is perfect for Larry. Time ain't on his side. We thank him for giving Larry a fight. But you can tell Dipsy knows his boy Link is gonna be in a tough fight."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CyruS
post Aug 30 2008, 10:17 AM
Post #12

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,070

Holmes would have to enter negotiations with TOS for an payday with Iron.

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Aug 30 2008, 11:04 AM
Post #13

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Member No.: 1,443

Dipsy "Lipstick" Gawn had his own insight on the upcoming fight and he told reporters, "Larry Holmes is the best heavyweight I ever fought and if the Larry Holmes that boxed me 3 times turns up on Sunday then I'm tellin' you now, Sennen is in for a painful evening. I've been working with Sennen for this fight and I've told him a few tricks but the fact is, Sennen don't have my style so I can't tell him to emulate what I did in the 3rd fight with Larry. He'll have to do it his own way and it's really a 50/50 kinda bout. I'll be surprised if anyone gets knocked out. I don't think Sennen hits as hard as Larry and speed wise I'd say they are about even. I'll be ringside for this one....Sennen refused my offer to work the corner..."

Meanwhile, Maxy "Ice Cream" Gawn has told Larry Holmes, "You ain't shit and the hype surrounding your career is way over the top. You know one thing Larry Holmes...I'm the man you refused to fight again. I'm the real reason you became inactive and don't you ever forget that. When we boxed nobody gave me a fuckin' chance but I was unlucky they only gave me a draw. I'm the Ice Cream man Larry and I still haunt you! Peligro is gonna get his tonight!"

+Quote Post
BigG
post Aug 30 2008, 11:11 AM
Post #14

Choppin Headz Boi!

Larry Holmes responds to Ice Cream

"Don't talk shit. I gave you your shot and I didn't train for that. I fought the fight counterpunching your body. That's not what I wanted to do. I'm sorry to say this Ice Cream, but your washed up. You got knocked out by Holyfield man. Holyfield was beaten down horribly against me. Look, I respect you, and if you beat this chump Alcarez, I PROMISE you a title fight. If you lose to him, I'm sorry, I'm gunning for Cyrus "Iron Virus"."

+Quote Post
BigG
post Aug 30 2008, 11:27 AM
Post #15

Choppin Headz Boi!

Team Judah offers Trevor Berbick to TOS for a Holmes payday with Iron in the future.

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Aug 30 2008, 01:28 PM
Post #16

Showing no signs of pressure concerning the recent allegations about him, Harold "Harry" Angus took to the stage and challenged Cyrus "Iron" Virus to meet former one-time world champion Kinto "The Genius" Mulberry on Sunday 7th September.

Angus said he hoped to make the fight without having to put up any incentives for TOS but told fighthype, "I'm willing to offer Sleep Lanky "Maxy" Gawn Jnr, a top 10 heavyweight and a man with a big future ahead of him. Mulberry needs a big fight and I believe Iron-Mulberry will be absolutely explosive. The fans will love to see two heavyweights slug it out the only way these two guys know how to fight. I look forward to hearing from Sleep."

Meanwhile Dipsy "Lipstick" Gawn has urged Ice Cream Gawn to retire telling him, "You're too brave to be in a sport as dangerous as ours now. You've had a great career but its time to take the gloves off one final time and put them away. With Wexley still being in a coma I don't want to see something tragic happen to you."

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Aug 31 2008, 04:43 AM
Post #17

Pink retained his title with a draw even though some people felt Holmes did enough. However, it was Pink who was the aggressor landing the harder punches, flooring and hurting Holmes.

Afterwards Sennen said, "They are my belts. The challenger has to take em from the champion. He didn't wanna take em, he wanted to steal em. I lost all respect for Larry Holmes tonight. I'll defend my title against anyone but I'd prefer to fight Iron Virus. If that don't happen, any top contender suits me fine."

+Quote Post
BigG
post Aug 31 2008, 07:09 AM
Post #18

Choppin Headz Boi!

Sennen "Cuban Link" Pink-Larry Holmes II set for Sept 7, next Sunday!

The rivalry continues. Once again, Larry Holmes fell short of becoming Heavyweight. After winning most of the early rounds, having a 6-2 lead after the first 8 rounds, the pressure of Cuban Link got to Larry as he was floored in round 9 and hurt in rounds 11 and 12. Larry Holmes won on a few scorecards at ringside, but the champion won respect with his gutsy showing. Larry Holmes called for a rematch just seconds after the decision was read a draw. Holmes extremely bitter and angry, refused to give interviews after the fight, shoved Jim Lampley, and cussed out the judges. "Holmes, as usual, proves to be a sore loser, and a classless human being." said one of Cuban Links assistant cornermen. Many fans seem to think the draw was the right call. But Larry thinks otherwise.

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Sep 7 2008, 05:53 AM
Post #19

Well the rematch was another closely fought battle with Holmes just shading it on points thanks to stunning Link in the final round.

Sennen paid tribute to Holmes saying, "You did good Larry but it was too close to leave it at that. I deserve a rematch so I am asking you to grant me that rematch right now."

+Quote Post
BigG
post Sep 7 2008, 07:00 AM
Post #20

Choppin Headz Boi!

Larry Holmes takes a look at options, also sees Dipsy Gawn eye to eye for the first since their 3rd fight!

In another razor close fight, Holmes hurt Pink in the final round and that turned out to be the deciding round. Holmes would go on to say, "Cuban Link and I both gave great performances but you don't know how bad I wanted this. I hope the writers and the fans give me my credit." - Larry Holmes

Cuban Link has asked for a 3rd fight and Larry would go on to reply, "he's definitely getting one but Harold Angus told me he wanted to fight me if I won. I'm not sure he's ready to fight. He needs a tough fight before coming back. I'll see what Harold says. If Harold doesn't want to fight me, I'll give Cuban Link a 3rd fight and then retire. I feel I've done what I wanted to do with this victory. There's also the Iron fight but I don't think he wants it with me."

After the fight, Larry got a visit from an old rival. Dipsy "Lipstick" Gaewn would go on to Larry's Holmes corner to congratulate Larry. The two shared a few good words to each other, hugged, and posed for pictures. Larry shouted "I still wan't that 4th fight Dipsy on the way out" but it is unsure weather he was joking. "Even though me and Dipsy had a heated rivarly back in the day, he said I'd be champ after he retired. It's been a long time coming but I'm finally Champion. It's finally on record that Larry Holmes is champion." - Larry Holmes

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 09:08 AM