IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sennen "Cuban Link" Pink vs. "The Easton Assassin" Larry Holmes, World Heavyweight Title
Maxy
post Sep 7 2008, 07:42 AM
Post #21

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,443

Dipsy "Lipstick" Gawn was full of praise for his old rival Larry Holmes telling reporters, "Larry has been the victim of bad decisions, bad press and damn right bad luck throughout his career so I'm delighted for him that he finally won the belt. We knew it was gonna be a tough fight for Sennen but credit to both men cos they went out and did what they said they would do. It was toe-to-toe in several of the rounds but in the end I think the better man on the night won the fight. Me and Larry fight again? Nah man, I'm retired, I weigh 350Ibs and I love retirement. Besides, do you really think I wanna put myself through the mill with Larry Holmes again? We done 36 rounds and that was more than enough. I won't fight again, whatever the money."

Harold Angus said, "I don't think I want to stand in the way of Sennens automatic rematch. The fight was too close and there needs to be a 3rd meeting between these two guys, no doubt about it. Maybe, just maybe, if Holmes wins the 3rd fight we can make a deal but right now I'm just set on promoting Holmes-Pink III."

Cuban Link said, "Going into the 12th I knew I needed to win the round but I got caught with a shot I didn't see and it was enough to earn Larry the round on the judges cards. Thats how close it was. I'm pleased Larry is gonna grant me a rematch. We deliver good fights everytime and the fans were on their feet throughout. I've signed for the rematch and I'm waiting for the fight to be made."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigG
post Sep 7 2008, 08:08 AM
Post #22

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

Larry Holmes vs. Sennen "Cuban Link" III set for September 14, 2008!
Larry Holmes has just officially signed to fight former HW Champion Sennen Pink for the 3rd time. "Who else do I have to fight? Cuban Link deserves a rematch. This will be another good fight. Both fights had drama. I was on the recieving end of a beating in the final 4 rounds of our first fight and Cuban Link was hurt in our 2nd fight. I don't have anymore trash talk left for Cuban Link. All I'm saying is good luck and I'm planning to go out as Champion." - Larry Holmes

Larry Holmes was asked about the 4th Dipsy fight and he said "That was a joke man. Dipsy is like 350 pounds and is retired for good. I want this fight vs. Sennen Pink to be the last of the trilogy. The only other fight I want after this is a Cyrus Iron Virus fight."

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Sep 7 2008, 08:59 AM
Post #23

SKULLSPLITTER

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,665

Good for Holmes....

and I wanna go on record to say that my Heavyweights, Lanky and The Prince, are better than BOTH those guys....

+Quote Post
CyruS
post Sep 7 2008, 11:36 AM
Post #24

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,070

Congrats to Holmes for winning the heavyweight title once again.

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Sep 12 2008, 09:32 AM
Post #25

Sennen "Cuban Link" Pink had his last open work-out today as he prepares for his 3rd fight with Larry Holmes this coming Sunday and his attempt to become a 4 time heavyweight champion of the world.

Pink looks in great shape and clearly feels focused about the task ahead. He sparred with Lanky Maxy Gawn Jnr for 10 rounds before posing for pictures and then embarking on a prolonged session with the heavy bag.

Afterwards he told reporters, "I feel good. I'm in shape, I'm strong, I'm ready. I'm coming to the fight with one intention on my mind and that is to rip away the title from Holmes. I don't want this fight to go to the judges, I wanna take the title clearly via knockout. Holmes is a tough fighter, make no mistake about it, but I know I can beat him. I shoulda beat him the first time and I can tell you all now that if he tries the cautious route he's gonna get taken out by round 9. If he comes at me like he did in the 2nd fight then I gotta be more careful. I got myself caught in the last round and it gave him the advantage on the cards. This time I'll be making sure I hit him clean cos I know he don't like to taste my power. We are very evenly matched and the fans are gonna be in for a treat. I will regain my titles."

Former champ Dipsy "Lipstick" Gawn sounded a note of caution when he spoke to us outside the gym. "Sennen should box Holmes this time. All this bravado about going for the KO is playing right into Larry's hands and if he sticks to his word I think we'll see Larry knock him out. Sennen has a big heart, maybe too big. I'm picking Holmes and I'm picking Holmes by way of knockout."

+Quote Post
BigG
post Sep 13 2008, 05:40 PM
Post #26

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

Larry Holmes: Where's the fire?
Sources from inside Larry Holmes' training camp have told Fighthype that the Heavyweight Champion isn't showing the fire he had in the 1st and 2nd meetings. "He's training but he's not training like an animal. Holmes thinks he's the man now and he just isn't showing the hunger in camp. He hasn't even been answering Harold Angus' calls. Larry will win tonight but what happened to the Larry who always trained like he had a chip on his shoulder? Now he seems too laid bacl. I see him drinking wine, enjoying life. You can do that but not during training camp. Larry Holmes is definitely acting like a man ready for retirement."

Larry Holmes (33-3-4) defends the HW Championship vs. Sennen "Cuban Lnk" Pink (25-5-1) on PPV tonight!

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Sep 14 2008, 04:26 AM
Post #27

Well Cuban Link boxed his way to a clear cut unanimous decision to become the first ever 4 time heavyweight champion of the world.

Despite saying he would knock Holmes out, Pink boxed a smart fight and was cautious when he felt he needed to be in order to preserve energy. The fight didn't live up to the past two encounters but Pink didn't mind, telling reporters, "My camp convinced me to abandon the bravado and to fight smart. In the end I took note of my corners instructions and it all worked out beautifully. Yeah, I woulda loved to have knocked him out but I never got into a situation where I felt I needed to load up my bombs. I'm the champion, thats all that matters to me."

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 12:14 AM