IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Official Nigel McGuinness - Anderson Silva Undisputed Light Heavyweight Championship Thread, The Young Bloods Takeover
McGuinness-Silva
Who will walk away the Undisputed Champion?
McGuinness via KO/TKO [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
McGuinness via Decision [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Silva via KO/TKO [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
Silva via Decision [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DRAW! [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
Total Votes: 4
Guests cannot vote 
The CEO
post Sep 7 2008, 08:54 AM
Post #11

SKULLSPLITTER

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,665

and Thomas Hearns is the NEW, Light Heavyweight, Champion of the Wooooooooooooorld....(IMG:style_emoticons/default/yes2.gif)

He chooses his 1st defense to be against his stablemate, Anderson Silva.....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Sep 7 2008, 10:07 AM
Post #12

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,443

QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Sep 7 2008, 08:54 AM) [snapback]403532[/snapback]
and Thomas Hearns is the NEW, Light Heavyweight, Champion of the Wooooooooooooorld.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yes2.gif)

He chooses his 1st defense to be against his stablemate, Anderson Silva.....

That was a good win for Hearns, he pretty much dominated. However the promoters, namely Harold "Harry" Angus, isn't happy about him defending his title against Anderson Silva. Silva quite simply doesn't deserve a title fight. He just got knocked out by Vladislav Vladilen in the 12th round.

Angus said, "I am happy for Hearns to make a voluntary defense of his newly won title but it has to be against a winning fighter. We don't wanna rip the fans off for what would basically be a glorified sparring session. Silva needs to rebuild. We await Mr Hearns and Skullsplitters response."

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Sep 7 2008, 10:10 AM
Post #13

EDIT: It appears TOS has already booked a rematch between Hearns and McGuinness.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Sep 7 2008, 11:14 AM
Post #14

SKULLSPLITTER

QUOTE(SKULLSPLITTER - The CEO)
At the time I posted the above release, Hearns and Silva were both open....and regardless of Silva's freak loss last night, they are the 2 of the very best Light Heavies out there....and they need to fight each other to establish order.

yet here we go AGAIN....II Members RARELY get options or rematches when we win or lose the big ones....but the promoters' fighters ALMOST ALWAYS get things their way...I am sure Big Juicy Hog and his men will vouch for this....

That ain't cuttin' it, guys.....be fucking fair....I chose not to be a promoter because I had faith in y'all.....and I'm telling you now....Insanity International won't stand for this...am I gonna have to mention the word, "boycott"?

This post has been edited by The C.E.O.: Sep 7 2008, 11:15 AM

+Quote Post
CyruS
post Sep 7 2008, 11:31 AM
Post #15

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 2,070

When I got up this morning I checked the results and then the press releases and nothing was said so I just booked in the rematch, when I checked the board after that, I noticed all this and I was like.... "whoops." (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Sep 7 2008, 12:26 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(CyruS @ Sep 7 2008, 11:31 AM) [snapback]403546[/snapback]
When I got up this morning I checked the results and then the press releases and nothing was said so I just booked in the rematch, when I checked the board after that, I noticed all this and I was like.... "whoops." (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Harold Angus has taken the opportunity to criticize fellow promoter TOS for making a rematch without consulting anybody else over the matter.

Angus said, "This is typical TOS behaviour. The man is a snake and I'm backing Skullsplitter on this one. I find TOS' actions to be abhorrent and I shall be writing to the authorities to make sure he is reprimanded for this outrage. I'd like to suggest that in future title fights are not made (unless agreement between parties is reached beforehand) until the Monday after all the big Sunday fights. This should help allieviate such problems as this one. I'm Harry Angus, I look after the sport like no other. You can trust me."

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
CyruS
post Sep 7 2008, 12:32 PM
Post #17

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE(Touch oF SleeP - a.k.a. The Man)
Harold likes to talk alot of dumb shit, Yo Harold, I got 2 words of ya, TONY PALOMINO

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Sep 7 2008, 12:45 PM
Post #18

SKULLSPLITTER

QUOTE(SKULLSPLITTER - The CEO)
The man behind TOS is my homey....but I DID say earlier in this thread that when Hearns beat McGuinness, he would give Silva 1st shot.....all we're asking for is the same consideration the promoters get when it comes to options and/or immediate rematches after title fights...

It's not like II is a gym full of light hitting sissies or duckers...everyone knows we've always granted immediate rematches or taken on the strongest competition once one of the boys are on top....

Anyway....due to this problem I'm addressing, a few of my recent champs haven't had the leverage position in matchmaking or the opprotunity to build any momentum....which they should have finally been allowed to....

Here's some recent examples...Dexter Moore didn't get to relax at all after winning the title...after I specifically asked for him to be able pick and choose for a couple or weeks....The Prince beat Sennen Pink for the strap....Pink beats The Prince in the rematch, and then my boy gets thrown to the side....

Look...we don't have a large squad....so we haven't had too many champions...everyone knows our men have paid dues and been very honorable and patient.....and when they finally get a belt....you can best believe they've earned it and won't be hard to find...

It's like this....just don't be all quick draw and selfish with the matchmaking Sunday morning, promoters....check the WeBL section at FH as well as the press releases at the league's headquarters before you make a decision....give II until late Sunday night to announce their wishes after winning OR losing a big fight....GIVE Insanity International the consideration and respect we deserve....

Thank you.

+Quote Post
CyruS
post Sep 7 2008, 12:52 PM
Post #19

Junior Middleweight

Maxy's plan should work. No scheduling of title fights until Monday to give everyone a full day to plan out their moves.

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Sep 7 2008, 01:01 PM
Post #20

QUOTE(CyruS @ Sep 7 2008, 12:52 PM) [snapback]403568[/snapback]
Maxy's plan should work. No scheduling of title fights until Monday to give everyone a full day to plan out their moves.

I don't wanna take credit for that plan.

Its all the work of our master promoter Mr Harold "Harry" Angus, a man who personifies honesty in the name of the sport he loves.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 05:37 PM