IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Prime Tommy Hearns VS. Prime Shane Mosley, who wins and why??
JonnyBlaze
post Aug 24 2008, 09:30 PM
Post #1

The Savage

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,227

I really like both of these guys and wish they would of been able to fight each other at welterweight..Their skills are similar in some ways like speed and both have good boxing abilities..Who do ya all think is faster??I'm kinda undecided..Hearns would have a big power edge on Shane I think..Also the height difference would make a difference too..Hearns would have a 4 inch height and reach advantage..I think I'd pick Hearns to win the fight by decision since Shane has a real good chin and is a warrior..I think Hearns might be able to drop him once though with a straight right..What do ya all think??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigG
post Aug 24 2008, 09:34 PM
Post #2

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

I think Tommy was the worst style matchup for Shane...I see a decision win or possible a KO.

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Aug 24 2008, 09:35 PM
Post #3

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

Hearns by brutal career ending knockout. If a fighter like Forrest can hurt & drop Shane then a fighter the calibre of Hearns would not let him escape. Too big too fast & too powerful IMO.

Bad bad bad bad bad fight for Shane. Shane just is not big enough to handle a guy like Hearns. Not to say that Shane is a poor fighter by any stretch but this is a terrible matchup for Shane.

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Aug 24 2008, 09:44 PM
Post #4

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

Hearns by late stoppage!!!!!

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Aug 24 2008, 09:55 PM
Post #5

The Savage

I think it would of made for a better fight than what ya guys think..I was trying to think of a fight through styles and somehow came up with this one..haha..I was also thinking of B-Hop VS. Marvin Hagler..The Shane from the De La Hoya fights would give Hearns some problems I think..Hearns was a monster though at every weight he fought at..

+Quote Post
GMAN73
post Aug 24 2008, 10:52 PM
Post #6

Strawweight

Member No.: 8,057

QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Aug 24 2008, 09:55 PM) [snapback]401790[/snapback]
I think it would of made for a better fight than what ya guys think..I was trying to think of a fight through styles and somehow came up with this one..haha..I was also thinking of B-Hop VS. Marvin Hagler..The Shane from the De La Hoya fights would give Hearns some problems I think..Hearns was a monster though at every weight he fought at..

If Sugar Shane could get past the 5th round he would stop Hearns late, SS would wear him down to the body and Hearns was prone to blowing his load early, but in the same breath, Hearns jab-right hand was a hell of a lot like Forrest's and he was faster and meaner than Vernon, problem with that is SS would have known that TH was gunning for him(just like he gunned for everyone at 147) and been a lot less exposed vs. a guy like Tommy Hearns than he was for the less explosive VF.
Mosley KO11 Hearns, but it isn't easy.

Hopkins was too smart for Hagler, who relied heavily on his corner for advice during tough fights, Bernard Hopkins is a taller, quicker, right handed version of Hagler and much better on defense, plus he doesn't get cut. The only advantage Hagler would have is an edge in power, which would be totally negated by Bernard's excellent footwork.
Hopkins UD12 116-112 or wider. IMO of course.

This post has been edited by GMAN73: Aug 24 2008, 10:53 PM

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Aug 24 2008, 11:36 PM
Post #7

The Savage

QUOTE(GMAN73 @ Aug 24 2008, 10:52 PM) [snapback]401803[/snapback]
If Sugar Shane could get past the 5th round he would stop Hearns late, SS would wear him down to the body and Hearns was prone to blowing his load early, but in the same breath, Hearns jab-right hand was a hell of a lot like Forrest's and he was faster and meaner than Vernon, problem with that is SS would have known that TH was gunning for him(just like he gunned for everyone at 147) and been a lot less exposed vs. a guy like Tommy Hearns than he was for the less explosive VF.
Mosley KO11 Hearns, but it isn't easy.

Hopkins was too smart for Hagler, who relied heavily on his corner for advice during tough fights, Bernard Hopkins is a taller, quicker, right handed version of Hagler and much better on defense, plus he doesn't get cut. The only advantage Hagler would have is an edge in power, which would be totally negated by Bernard's excellent footwork.
Hopkins UD12 116-112 or wider. IMO of course.

I like your points..Ya really must have thought about the Shane/Hearns fight..Hearns could of been better than he was back then had he tried to box more then he did and not go for the kill as quickly..He sometimes would give his height away like he did with Hagler which he found out was a big mistake even though he fazed Hagler just as much as he got fazed at first..Hearns was a beast on the outside for anyone with his 1-2..Hearns definitely hits way harder than Vernon though..Styles make fights though and Vernon had the style that bothered Shane..Seeing how Hearns would sometimes give his height up,Shane would take advantage of it..The Hagler/B-Hop fight I think would go to B-Hop too..Hagler would have a lot of problems catching him..If B-Hop stuck to sniping him and moving,Hagler could have a mental breakdown from being sooo pissed off..hahaha..

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Aug 25 2008, 12:37 AM
Post #8

Chief Haterizer

Lets be real guys. SRL took a boxing lesson from Hearns for 12 rounds & he was a better fighter in every area in comparison to Shane. He was also bigger physically & a natural welter.

I could break it all down but I just don't have time right now but I think it would be a one sided affair & a career destroying beatdown for Mosley. Hearns is no Forrest or DLH thats for sure & Shane is not the same caliber as SRL.

BTW do you know how much it pains me to praise SRL (I really really hate him). I like Mosley & think he was a great fighter who has given many enjoyable performances but he is just too small & too out gunned in this one.

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Aug 25 2008, 12:47 AM
Post #9

The Savage

QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Aug 25 2008, 12:37 AM) [snapback]401811[/snapback]
BTW do you know how much it pains me to praise SRL (I really really hate him).

hahaha.That's funny..What's your beef with SRL??Did ya not like it when he'd try to win rounds by late flurries or somethin??I also gotta agree that Hearns did out box SRL when they fought..Those fights almost slipped my mind since it has been so long since seeing them..I wish Hearns never gave up his height though..It left him very vulnerable at times..He was good on the inside though but like Corrales ,never had to give up his height but just liked to do it to get a war goin sometimes..Hearns was great when he boxed and should of stuck to only doing that in my opinion instead of giving his opponents options..

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Aug 25 2008, 01:37 AM
Post #10

Chief Haterizer

I just hate his whole fake attitude. PBF is like a poor mans SRL with the holding out on fights & his arrogance just pissed me off.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 12:19 PM