IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Title fights, Whose next for the current champions.
Maxy
post Sep 14 2008, 04:54 AM
Post #1

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,443

OK, some title fights have already been made but I thought it would be fair to discuss who is worthy to challenge for their respective divisions championship rather than just make a load of bouts off the cuff.

Heavyweight Champion Sennen "Cuban Link" Pink. Top contenders are Cyrus "Iron" Virus, Larry Holmes, Alexander Povetkin, The Prince, Jorge "Peligro" Alcarez and Ovidio Ochoa. I think it should be Iron but what do you think?

Cruiserweight Champion Jong "Red Death" Shaoting. Top contenders are Odlanier Solis Fonte, Alexander Frenkel, and Gerson Fernandez. I think Red Death should take his pick from those.

Light heavyweight Champion Thomes "Hit Man" Hearns. Top contenders are Brandon "The Polish Hammer" Wiechec and Andre "The Mattrix" Dirrell although Hearns is perhaps entitled to a voluntary as long as its against a winning fighter.

Super Middleweight Champion Jean Pascal. Top contenders are Marino Polo, Bobby "Tick Tick" Boome, Lucien Bute, and Mango Rojas. Pascal can pick who he wants.

Middleweight Champion "Mean" Joe Green is set to defend against Claudio Berrocales.

Light middleweight Champion Fontaine "The Flame" Cabell is set to defend against Terry Norris. (Zab Judah must have made that one?).

OK, you get my drift. Does anyone have any suggestions for the next lot of title fights? If no discussions are made, the promoters will make the fights themselves regardless.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigG
post Sep 14 2008, 05:32 AM
Post #2

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

Who the fuck is this Marino Polo and why the fuck is he so tough to beat..(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I think Link should fight The Prince..

Pascal should fight Polo

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Sep 14 2008, 06:35 AM
Post #3

OK, I've made Polo-Pascal but I'm gonna Peligro a shot at Pink with The Prince guaranteed a shot at the winner.

+Quote Post
BigJuicyHog
post Sep 14 2008, 11:19 AM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 109

Red Death will fight a contender who is not Solis since he has fought him like 4 times already.

Wiechec would like his shot at 175.

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Sep 14 2008, 11:34 AM
Post #5

OK Red Death has got Frenkel and I'm just waiting to make sure Hearns is happy with Wiechec as his next defence.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Sep 14 2008, 02:58 PM
Post #6

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

Yeah, Norris has some good wins and although he lost to Maxey 2 fights ago, he brutalized Tony Palomino just before that. And my champions never got immediate rematches vs. Cabell (Maul & Joppy)...

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Sep 14 2008, 06:15 PM
Post #7

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

Ok...what the fuck?...Hearns ALREADY has a fight scheduled with Wiechec....we didn't give the green light yet....it's a little after 7pm on a Sunday here....

I thought everybody was on the same page regarding these situations now......

Light heavyweight Champion Thomes "Hit Man" Hearns. Top contenders are Brandon "The Polish Hammer" Wiechec and Andre "The Mattrix" Dirrell although Hearns is perhaps entitled to a voluntary as long as its against a winning fighter.
OK Red Death has got Frenkel and I'm just waiting to make sure Hearns is happy with Wiechec as his next defence.

is it a lack of patience or something, Maxy?

+Quote Post
BigJuicyHog
post Sep 14 2008, 08:49 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 109

What day was it made for? It could be the auto scheduler.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Sep 14 2008, 09:03 PM
Post #9

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

It was made for the usual....next Sunday...

and for the record....Hearns and I just went off in the press releases over at vivi.com.....

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Sep 15 2008, 09:18 AM
Post #10

QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Sep 14 2008, 06:15 PM) [snapback]404354[/snapback]
is it a lack of patience or something, Maxy?

Harold "Harry" Angus has moved to defend himself after Insanity International supremo SkullSplitter accused him of making a fight without their consent.

Angus said "I'm in the UK so evening here is a few hours earlier than it is in the States. As the no.1 contender and the most deserving challenger out there Wiechec simply had to get his shot. He's earned it big time. His last few wins have all been against top 10 opposition. Now I understand that the selection of opponent isn't a problem, it's more down to the time the fight was made. This is kinda finicky if you ask me because Mr Skullsplitter admitted in his complaint that Hearns would have fought Wiechec in any case. If you wanna talk about bad matches being made then I'm exonerated from that. I don't hear Skullsplitter talking about his boy Freddie "The Finisher" McPheerson being matched with a 2-0 novice - a fight I had nothing to do with. Or what about Zab Judah fighting a 9 fight novice? I had nothing to do with that either. I work fairly, I've made a fair fight between Hearns and Weichec and I don't see the problem. I'm sure there can be a rematch clause put in place should Hearns lose his belts? Anyway, I'll be leaving II fights to the other promoters to sort out in future because I intend to sue Skullsplitter for what I consider derogatory remarks about my integrity. Mr Skullsplitter would do well to remember that I have always been fair with his gym, giving his fighters easy return bouts after their break a while ago. Mr Skullsplitter would also do well to remember that I had no part in scheduling a rematch between McGuinness and Hearns. The issue about making title fights late in the day Sunday was actually brought up by myself and adhered to by myself. The point was to stop immediate rematches which hadn't been agreed prior to the first fights a la Hearns-McGuinness 2, and to give the most deserving contenders their shot at the title. I have done absolutely nothing wrong and will not be making any sort of apology."

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 09:33 AM