IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Title fights, Whose next for the current champions.
The CEO
post Sep 15 2008, 10:15 AM
Post #11

SKULLSPLITTER

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,665

QUOTE(The CEO)
I knew Angus would use semantics being that he is located in The U.K.....so here I will remind the league and all promoters that the majority of WeBlers are located in good old U.S. of A....meaning that the matchmakers should cater to USA time. Period.

Everything else he said is just rhetoric...trying to distract from the problem here....

I am now going to reiterate the root of this entire issue...what's fair for the matchmaker's champs and top contenders is supposed to be fair for the blue collar gyms's champs and top contenders as well....ALL champions and top contenders are to be given time to deliberate....the deadline is to be a suitable time for all time zones involved....I propose this time to be 6pm Eastern Time on Mondays....that will be around Midnight on U.K. time....

and let me clarify something on rematches....this would be a strong solution...from now on, deposed Champions should automatically get their rematch the very next week...if they win, they don't HAVE to grant an immediate rubber match....as it will build anticipation for it at a later date....(i.e. for Super Fight Weekends)

The bottom line here is that Harry Angus didn't adhere to what he said....to what we all greed upon....these two quotes confirm this....

QUOTE(Angus)
Light heavyweight Champion Thomes "Hit Man" Hearns. Top contenders are Brandon "The Polish Hammer" Wiechec and Andre "The Mattrix" Dirrell although Hearns is perhaps entitled to a voluntary as long as its against a winning fighter.

OK Red Death has got Frenkel and I'm just waiting to make sure Hearns is happy with Wiechec as his next defence.

As you can see....Harry Angus did not wait...Hary Angus thinks he can do as he wishes and is beyond reproach....Harry Angus is saying he will not apologize....Harry Angus is saying he intends to sue.....(laughing)....I WISH HE WOULD!....(laughing harder)...you wanna know why?.....(gets serious on a dime).....because Harry Angus is a corrupt, delusional, selfish, and completely egomaniacal individual and Justice would be served...

That's right, Harold....if you do NOT apologize and decide to follow with a suit....I will file a countersuit so swiftly it will make your head spin and throw you into time travel....I will set you back 20 years mentally and financially...I am certain I will have complete support from character witnesses throughout the league. I am serious here. I will clean out your bank account with zero pity or remorse.

so what's it gonna be, Harold? Still wanna be firm?....all you have to do is say you're sorry and start changing your ways.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Sep 15 2008, 11:15 AM
Post #12

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,443

Harold "Harry" Angus has responded to Skullsplitter.

He told fighthype, "This is a tiny issue which has been blown out of all proportion by a man who is quite frankly reprehensible. His proposal for title fights not to be scheduled until Midnight UK time Monday, or 6pm Eastern time US are completely impractical and would result in an auto scheduler making pathetic, unwanted match-ups. Take for instance the Kameda-Cotto 4 fight streak at one of the lower weights. 4 fights in a row because they were left to the auto scheduler. It doesn't work like that. Sunday is the day all the big fights take place and it is also the day that the next set of big fights are scheduled by myself, Zab Judah and TOS. Thus far there has been very few complaints, although ALL promoters have made errors from time to time. IF Skullsplitter wishes to insist on Monday 6pm US time for any title fights involving his fighters then that is entirely up to him. If it backfires and the auto scheduler takes over, none of the promoters have anything to answer for. Like I have already stated, I shall not be schedling any more fights for Insanity International for the time being. The other promoters can do this at a time more suitable to Mr Skullsplitter and I have no objection to that. What I do object to however is having my hands tied when it comes to promoting title fights on Sundays, the day of rest, the day when I have more time to carefully pick the right fights for the right fighters at the right time. For instance Sennen "Cuban Link" Pink has yet another tough fight this weekend against Jorge "Peligro" Alcarez. I could have made Pink an easy fight after his 36 round battles with Larry Holmes but I opted to pick the best available contender for Mr Pink. Fair because thats how I play it. This ridiculous complaint from Mr Skullsplitter has left a sour taste in my mouth because I feel I have acted honestly and in accordance with the rules. He apppears to want a 'safe' fight for Mr Hearns on one hand but claims he is happy for Weichec to be Hearns' opponent. Is that a contradiction or is he just trying to make a fuss to get his name in the papers? I reiterate that I will not be apologizing to Mr Skullsplitter and I have instructed my lawyers to look into the possibility of suing him for slander. Good day."

+Quote Post
BigG
post Sep 15 2008, 12:16 PM
Post #13

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

(IMG:http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0acY7Gd7Tqe8d/340x.jpg)
"I had nothing to do with these mismatches being schedulled? It's not my fault if these prospects get ruined! This is boxing dammit! Only in American! Buy the PPV Zab Judah vs. Timothy Bradley for 49.95 with McPheerson vs. Uray on the undercard ladies and gentlemen! Prepare for a BLOCKBUSTER! America baby!"

+Quote Post
Blayde
post Sep 15 2008, 12:37 PM
Post #14

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,655

Ahmet Oener:

"Its obvious. Don Kings got a problem with our Cuban fighters! There is a gold medallist in Ugas 2-0 as a pro and somehow Don gets this shit lined up. Its a disgrace! We dont know the details about the relationship between Zab Judah and Don King, but as long as both are with Team Judah, our fighters will be extra motivated! There will be some ass kicking taking place. It wont work for Don. Guys like Ugas will make a name for themselves!"

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Sep 18 2008, 10:41 AM
Post #15

The auto-scheduler made a title fight between Travis Simms and Berk which was fought today. Simms won it so I think there definitely needs to be a unification with Joe Green even though they are both from the same gym.

+Quote Post
Blayde
post Sep 19 2008, 02:05 AM
Post #16

Lightweight

No problem, that fight can happen.

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Sep 25 2008, 02:08 PM
Post #17

I think things need to be revised and made pretty clear.

We can't allow the auto-scheduler to make title fights. It has a bad habit of making the same fights over and over again.

I suggest that in close title fights, automatic rematches should be made, but other than that the best match-ups have to be scheduled regardless of whose gyms is involved.

Also I think that if the auto-scheduler makes extra title fights when there is already a champion in that said division, one of the promoters should just toggle the championship off. Otherwise it gets too confusing.

Hopefully the rankings will sort themselves out after this weekend.

+Quote Post
Blayde
post Sep 27 2008, 05:09 AM
Post #18

Lightweight

Yeah Maxy, that sounds good. A lot of these auto title fights are really worthless.

+Quote Post
CyruS
post Sep 28 2008, 06:05 AM
Post #19

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 2,070

Herman Ngoudjo has knocked out previous #1 contender Ricardo "Mochuelo" Torres who is the same man in his last fight that knocked out the new jr. welterweight champ, Carlos Quintana in 1 round.

Ngoudjo has laid down a challenge to enforce his #1 contendership against Quintana.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Oct 12 2008, 08:15 AM
Post #20

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

Heavyweight:
Champion: The Prince (Next Fight: Maxy "Deep Freeze" Gawn?)

Cruiserweight:
Champion: Allan Green (Next Fight?)

Light-Heavyweight:
Champion: Andre Dirrell (Next Fight?)

Super-Middleweight:
Champion: Lucian Bute (Next Fight: Jean Pascal?)

Middleweight:
Champion: "Mean" Joe Greene (Next Fight?)

Junior Middleweight:
Champion: Fontaine Cabell (Next Fight: Richard Guiterrez)

Welterweight:
Champion: Khamesi Jahawi (Next Fight?)

Junior Weltweight
Champion: Herman NgDoujo (Next Fight?)

Lightweight:
Champion: Jose Luis Ramirez (Next Fight?)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 08:10 AM