IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> R.I.P. Giant Man June 3 2007 - September 14 2008, Sad Day for the sport.
CyruS
post Sep 14 2008, 05:47 AM
Post #1

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,070

QUOTE(fighthype.com/webl-news)
BREAKING NEWS : Giant Man Passes Away

It is this reporters sad duty to inform the boxing world that long time Heavyweight Contender, CyruS "Giant Man" ViruS (31-31-0 31KOs) past away early Sunday Morning after a brutal 15 second knockout loss to Former Heavyweight Champion Of The World, CyruS "Iron" ViruS. It was Giant Man's retirement fight he was walking into, and he did not walk out of it. Following his knockout loss, an unconscious Giant Man was quickly taken to nearest hospital in New Orleans where he was confirmed to have died. Giant Man took part in 5 World Title Fights in his career and while he never won the World Heavyweight Title that eluded him he was always known as a dangerous contender as his 31 victories were all by knockout. A pioneer of the sport, Giant Man was at the very beginning and one of the rarest of fighters for he never took a break and never retired throughout his career, he fought for 62 weeks in a row, something to this reporters knowledge has only been surpassed by Bugsy Gawn and Miguel Cotto. A moment of silence for this great entertainer and fighter. His fighting legacy is being carried on by his grandson, Undefeated Heavyweight Prospect, Giant Man III (10-0-0 10KOs). I leave now with his mural and may he rest in peace.

This post has been edited by CyruS: Sep 14 2008, 05:47 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigG
post Sep 14 2008, 06:05 AM
Post #2

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

RIP (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

My favorite fighter besides Zab Judah....how many AP did he lose?

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Sep 14 2008, 06:09 AM
Post #3

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Member No.: 1,443

Tragic news.

Heavyweight legend Dipsy "Lipstick" Gawn, who twice defeated Giant Man in title fights paid this tribute.

"I always remember the first time we boxed and I saw this behemoth standing in the opposite corner staring at me like a man possessed. We went face to face for the pre-fight staredown and I looked away...I didn't wanna try and stare him out, I didn't wanna make him mad. He was the scariest fighter I ever saw. He just had this look in his eye that told you 'I'm gonna kill you!' Outside the ring he was a lovely fella you know. He was kinda like some sorta gentle giant outside those ropes. He was great with his fans, always signed autographs and spent time talking to everyone. I'll really miss the guy. I'm gutted for him, I think somebody shoulda put their arm around him and said it's time to stop. It's a tragedy that coulda been prevented but I know he went out how he woulda liked man....seriously, he loved this sport, he lived for boxing and it's kinda fitting that he died doing what he loved to do. My thoughts are with his family at this time and I will support them in any way I can. I wanna pay for his funeral and I wanna offer advice to his Grand son. I just feel kinda numb right now. Very sad day for the sport and for anyone that knew the enigma that was Cyrus "Giant Man" ViruS. R.I.P"

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Sep 14 2008, 06:51 AM
Post #4

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?????!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
BigG
post Sep 14 2008, 07:13 AM
Post #5

Choppin Headz Boi!

Like I said before, the 36 chambers should be ashamed of themselves for how they treated Giant Man....I am disgusted. Giant Man was the hardest hitting TWIG ever.....

Maussa, Zab's wife, Palomino, Giant Man all dead and gone...

Who's the next to go (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

+Quote Post
Blayde
post Sep 15 2008, 12:31 PM
Post #6

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,655

Definitely sad to see Giant Mans gone ...

At least theres Giant Man III. But wheres Giant Man II? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
CyruS
post Sep 26 2008, 12:27 AM
Post #7

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 2,070

Giant Man II is currently grieving at his father's burial site. He has not moved from the site in 11 days.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Sep 26 2008, 12:54 AM
Post #8

Choppin Headz Boi!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 09:05 PM