IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pink Retires., Too many wars cut short his career.
Maxy
post Sep 28 2008, 03:39 AM
Post #1

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,443

Four time heavyweight champion of the world Sennen "Cuban Link" Pink has announced his retirement from the sport, therefore relinquishing his belts. In his latest bout Pink retained his title with a 12th round knockout over Jorge "Peligro" Alcarez despite suffering a broken jaw.

Basically Pink has had far too many wars in his relatively short career and its got to the point where he literally only had one fight left in him. Pink is proud of his achievements but has taken the advice of his manager Harold "Harry" Angus and quit the sport whilst he still has his health.

He said, "I thought I had 3 more fights left in me but after last nights war with Peligro I realized that I was done. I don't wanna go into the ring anything less than at 100% of my ability and if that can't happen I accept that its time to retire. I've had a great career. I've never ducked a fight. I think I'm a HOF candidate because I'm the only fighter to win the heavyweight title 4 times. I've beaten the best boxers by boxing and the best punchers by punching. My adaptability meant that I could defeat any style of fighter but it always meant that I wouldn't have a long career. I wanna thank all my fans for their support. I'm wealthy and I still have my health. Thank you."

The Prince will fight a yet to be selected opponent for the vacant title. Rumours are rife that the man likely to meet The Prince is Cyrus "Iron" Virus although Lanky "Maxy" Gawn Jnr and Alexander Povetkin also have a strong claim.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigG
post Sep 28 2008, 03:53 AM
Post #2

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

Larry Holmes: "Sennen was a good champion"

"Holmes, ringside for the fight, had a few things to say.

-First of all, everyone knows I whooped Pink 2 out of 3. Pink is a great fighter but also a bitchmade chump. I got's no respect for his ass and I'll fight him again if he wanted to, But he was a good champion."
-Alcarez said I can't take no shots but he was KO'd tonight by a man who couldn't KO me in 36 rounds. He has to eat his words.
-I would come back if I fought Cyrus "Iron" Virus for the Vacant title. Other than that I could care less.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 04:48 PM