IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Deep Freeze issues challenge to The Prince., Heavyweight glory a bridge too far?
Maxy
post Oct 12 2008, 04:41 AM
Post #1

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,443

Former super middleweight, light heavyweight and cruiserweight champion of the world, Maxy "Deep Freeze" Gawn has officially issued a challenge to world heavyweight champion The Prince.

Deep Freeze, who boxed a 12 round decison win over Rolando Garbey at welterweight last night, told reporters, "I see it as a huge challenge, a massive fight for me. I know it's probably a bridge too far. I know I can't compete with the sluggers at heavyweight but a fighter like The Prince does definitely interest me. He has the power to knock me out but I'm willing to take that risk. I'd love to have the opportunity to box him and I'd never forgive myself if I didn't at least try and make the fight. I watched his win over Aaron Williams tonight and he's a good fighter, a good champion, but I've got my heart set on challenging him and I just hope he accepts. I await his response."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Oct 12 2008, 09:57 AM
Post #2

SKULLSPLITTER

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,665

QUOTE(The Prince)
SKULLSPLITTER has already lined up a few sparring partners with similar builds and skills to Deep Freeze...we will run through all possible scenarios, and The CEO will devise a plan that will cover any tactics they decide to bring...

In other words....I accept with full confidence.

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Oct 12 2008, 10:29 AM
Post #3

Maxy "Deep Freeze" Gawn is delighted to confirm that he will be challenging for the world heavyweight title on Sunday October 19th against defending champion The Prince.

Deep Freeze told fighthype, "The negotiations went very smoothly and we had the deal done within a half hour. Myself and Skullplitter had no extra hidden demands, the purse split was agreed in seconds and everything was conducted in a professional manner. Probably the easiest fight negotiation I've ever been involved in. I'd like to thank The Prince for giving me this opportunity. Now I know there is no way out, no hiding place..even if I am having second thoughts, it's too late for me to back out. This fight is signed a sealed and tickets will go on sale shortly. I'm really looking forward to it."

Former champion Sennen "Cuban Link" Pink, who went 1/1 with The Prince told us, "Deep Freeze is in way over his head this time. The Prince is a little like Dipsy Gawn was...he doesn't look like a powerful guy but I know he can hit damn hard. This is going to be embarrassing for Deep Freeze. I'm shocked that he's actually signed for this fight. Stunned."

+Quote Post
BigG
post Oct 12 2008, 10:38 AM
Post #4

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

Team Judah Fighters thoughts on the fight...

Larry Holmes (Former Heavyweight Champion): This fight is disgrace. It's a freak fight. Deep Freeze is a Light-Heavyweight and Prince is a big ass Heavyweight. The truth is, Deep Freeze can't do nothing to Prince at all. Walk in the park. I should be fighting Prince. In fact, I'll tell it his face that I would son him.

Terry Norris (Super-Welterweight Contender): I think it's an easy win for Prince. And STILL!

Roy Jones Jr. (Former Light-Heavyweight Champion): Deep Freeze is in way over his head! He gon' get LAYED OUT!!!!

Kimbo Slice (Heavyweight Contender): I want's da winner of diz' fight becuz I think I can make some bread vs the winner

Fernando Montiel: On paper, this should be an easy win for Prince. But he better fight smart. Deep Freeze is still a tricky fighter.

+Quote Post
Blayde
post Oct 12 2008, 10:39 AM
Post #5

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,655

Really interesting fight. Kinda like the Freeze vs. Mendoza fight but still quiet different. If Freeze fights the perfect fight, maybe he can win it but Im going with The Prince. But as long as Freeze doesnt fight a monstrous slugger at heavyweight, he might get it done.

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Oct 13 2008, 10:37 AM
Post #6

Reports from the Deep Freeze camp suggest his sparring sessions have not been going well for him. An insider who wishes to remain anonymous told fighthype, "Freeze may have known he was up against when he signed for this fight but after sparring today he's in no doubt that this is looking an impossible task. He had a couple of guys brought in to spar with him today but after 6 rounds he called it a day because he was gassed and in danger of getting very badly hurt. The Prince will feast on him judging by today's showing."

We caught up with Freeze as he left his gym wearing dark glasses and sporting a small nick on his cheek.

FH "You look like you've been in a tough fight today Freeze...?"

DF "Just another day at the office. I'm sparring with huge guys and when huge guys hit you they tend to hurt you."

FH "Do you fear getting badly hurt by The Prince? He's extremely confident that he can literally squash you?"

DF "I don't fear getting hurt, I don't fear losing. This is the hurt business afterall. I'll do my best on Sunday and if it isn't to be then at least I will have tried. Defeat hurts every fighter. I've been knocked out before, it'll happen again. Hopefully I can find a way to make the fight interesting."

FH "Some people are claiming you took this fight because of your success against Red Death at cruiserweight -"

DF "No, I know this is a totally different fight altogether. The Prince is taller, hits harder and is 44Ibs heavier than Red Death. All I can do is work hard in training and hope for the best."

FH "Will there be a surprise with your weight. Rumour has it you have bulked up since the Red Death fight?"

DF "I'm 6ft 7", I can easliy carry more weight and be effective with it. We'll see come the weigh in if I've added any more weight."

FH "One thing that strikes me is you don't seem to be oozing confidence."

DF "Listen I would far rather be fighting a 6ft guy rather than a guy whose nearly 7ft but I wanted to test myself. This will probably be my last big fight, I might as well go out with a bang."

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Oct 15 2008, 05:34 PM
Post #7

SKULLSPLITTER

One on One with The Prince

FH: FightHype would like to welcome the reigning, undisputed, Heavyweight Champion of The World...

TP: (cutting in) The pleasure is all yours. I don't like interviews, and I don't have much time. Let's go....

FH: uhhhh...alright then....what do you think of "Deep Freeze" Gawn? Is he gonna be a challenge?

TP: He is a future victim. That is what I think of him....

FH: You sound pretty confident.

TP: Ofcourse I am confident. I am The Prince....and the undisputed KING of The Heavyweight Division. You would be confident too if you were me....but you are not me. There is only ONE me.

FH: Ok...ok...there is only one you. Why do you think so highly of yourself? Explain in detail if you can....

TP: I will narrow it down to one word for your childlike mind. I am "Perfect". A God among retarded infants...

FH: (cutting in) but you've lost fi

TP: Are you cutting in on me? Just who in the Hell do you think you are? Are you 6' 10"? Are YOU super fast and exceptionally agile? Do YOU have knockout power in both hands? Do YOU have a chin of forged steel? Do YOU have stamina for miles and miles and miles? I think not! Don't you EVER cut in on me again. I am The Prince, and you're not! This interview is over. You're welcome. Now fuck off....

(The Prince rips off his mic and strides off the set)

FH: (to his sound crew) Did you get all that? What an asshole.

This post has been edited by The C.E.O.: Oct 15 2008, 05:35 PM

+Quote Post
BigG
post Oct 15 2008, 05:48 PM
Post #8

Choppin Headz Boi!

Prince didn't give FH enough time to ask him about Larry Holmes.....Holmes has said some things about Prince....Holmes has promised he is going to meet Prince face to face on Sunday..hmm...(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

+Quote Post
BigG
post Oct 15 2008, 07:46 PM
Post #9

Choppin Headz Boi!

And LOL at Prince

Are you cutting in on me? Just who in the Hell do you think you are? Are you 6' 10"? Are YOU super fast and exceptionally agile? Do YOU have knockout power in both hands? Do YOU have a chin of forged steel? Do YOU have stamina for miles and miles and miles? I think not! Don't you EVER cut in on me again. I am The Prince, and you're not! This interview is over. You're welcome. Now fuck off....

(The Prince rips off his mic and strides off the set)

FH: (to his sound crew) Did you get all that? What an asshole.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Oct 15 2008, 07:52 PM
Post #10

SKULLSPLITTER

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

The Prince is the most arrogant bastard in the league....the people will love to hate him.

He's like an intelligent, Heavyweight, Money Mayweather....

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 08:10 AM