> The 10 best fighters of the era?
The Ollie Reed F...
post Nov 14 2008, 04:09 AM
Post #51

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Nov 14 2008, 03:21 AM) [snapback]410968[/snapback]
Well the way everyone defends Tyson and says he was always past his prime..It makes me think that Tyson had the shortest prime of any fighter..Maybe 2-3 years AT MOST then if his prime ended after Spinks in 88..I'd say his prime began in 86..I think some people hold Tyson too high,especially the people who think he is the best heavyweight ever..Mostly casual fans say that though..

Ali would of picked Tyson apart and KO'd him..His height,reach,speed,jab,combos,and footwork would of been all too much for Tyson..Tyson's head movement would of been his best asset against Ali..Don't compare Tyson to Frazier either,Joe was like a 1/2 inch shy of 6 foot and Tyson was more like 5'9..Head movement is different in the actual style of head movement..Tyson's was quick side to sides with his head while Joe's was more like him bending down and up real quick(both very unique in the head movement department and 2 of the best)..Ali's power was underrated based on the fact that he switched his power up and didn't put bad intentions on every shot like Tyson does..

Johnny also not sure where you get the Frazier comparison why even bring it up/

Look we know you know a lot about boxing, nobody is disputing that, but dude you don't have to go to the trouble of explaining the difference in head movemnt between Tyson and Frazier to people on these boards.

From where I'm sitting most guys who post here are re pretty knowledgable. Dude no need to legitimise your arguments.

And yes Tyson did have the shortest prime ever. Well somebodys got to.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Nov 14 2008, 06:00 AM
Post #52

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

"Tyson's reign on the top was short like leprechauns"

+Quote Post
BrutalBodyShots
post Nov 14 2008, 01:00 PM
Post #53

ON the edge

Member No.: 240

I don't really think Tyson's prime as all that short. The last 4 years or so before the Douglas fight I think you'd consider his prime... and 4 years isn't that short. I think it seems shorter just because Tyson was so young, but that's the way it goes often when you have such a young champ. Take Vargas for instance. He was a champion of about the same age as Tyson, and Vargas' prime was only about 2 years, probably half as long as Tyson's.

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Nov 14 2008, 02:33 PM
Post #54

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Nov 14 2008, 01:00 PM) [snapback]411033[/snapback]
I don't really think Tyson's prime as all that short. The last 4 years or so before the Douglas fight I think you'd consider his prime... and 4 years isn't that short. I think it seems shorter just because Tyson was so young, but that's the way it goes often when you have such a young champ. Take Vargas for instance. He was a champion of about the same age as Tyson, and Vargas' prime was only about 2 years, probably half as long as Tyson's.

Good Point!

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Nov 15 2008, 12:20 AM
Post #55

Proud American

Member No.: 7,577

QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Nov 14 2008, 01:00 PM) [snapback]411033[/snapback]

Good Point.

I'll rephrase it. He had a young prime.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 02:11 PM