IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Williams-Clottey, How Come this Fight Hasn't Been Made?
JonnyBlaze
post Nov 16 2008, 07:05 PM
Post #21

The Savage

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE(The Conscience @ Nov 15 2008, 06:07 PM) [snapback]411146[/snapback]
So what Clottey is a lightheavy weight that can't KO a fucking Lightweight (Corrales). His most impressive outing was LOSING to Margarito. Yeah, maybe he is the best guy that would actually fight PW but he is getting hyped up a little too much for my taste. I will go on record and say that Cotto would expose that BAMMA.

Corrales was always one of boxing biggest warriors in the ring..Of course you're not going to just KO him..He did get KO'd in the second Castillo fight but that was because they both had weight problems but Corrales made weight and the fact that those 2 had just been through more hell than quite possibly any 2 guys ever in one fight..Corrales always went up against guys who would come in insanely bigger than they should of been..It was bogus though..

I think Clottey is a solid fighter..He is tough,can throw a lot of punches,and has a good amount of skill..
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
slap
post Nov 16 2008, 07:09 PM
Post #22

Strawweight

Member No.: 7,526

QUOTE(salvador @ Nov 16 2008, 08:43 AM) [snapback]411252[/snapback]
Slap,

at 154 I'd say DLH, Forrest, Spinks, and Mayorga are all big names that would look good on Williams' resume. Of those guys, the only realistic shots for Williams would be Forrest or Spinks. I think it's safe to say that the only way Mayorga gets back in the ring is if it's a big money fight with Marg - a fight I'd LOVE to see. Spinks is a decent name and has proven his willingness to fight anyone, but it's just such a bad stylistic matchup for Spinks that it's hard for me to imagine that there's enough money there for him with Williams. Which leaves Forrest.

Forrest is another guy who is clearly angling for one last big fight and maybe he sees Williams as his last hurdle to getting that fight. Between Forrest and Clottey, I think that Clottey is a bigger name and he's a ww.

Salvador,

1st off de la hoya is going 2 campaign at ww 4 his next couple of fight so x him out u could say mayorga but what does beating him do 4 u but get u a pay day now spinks is ok but he doesn't fight that often and I don't think he has a big enough fan base 2 be considered a named fighter the guys last fight was aired on don kings website 4 christ sakes so u have forrest the only formitable opponent then after that is up 2 160 r back 2 147

+Quote Post
salvador
post Nov 16 2008, 08:27 PM
Post #23

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,307

QUOTE(Fitz @ Nov 16 2008, 07:12 PM) [snapback]411315[/snapback]
Cotto didn't lose to Margarito because he couldn't hurt him. He lost to him because he couldn't hurt him AND Margarito comes back with 100 punches a round and goes to the body.
Clottey doesn't win just because Cotto can't hurt him. You think very little of Cotto and think very highly of Clottey. You are acting like it's a given that Clottey beats him, when in fact it should be a close fight. I have noticed for sometime, but I don't like how you act like this is a mismatch.

Cotto is one of my very favorite fighters (probably top 3 current fighters) because he comes forward and goes to the body and his whole gameplan is to out-tough his opponent. That's the entire reason I watch boxing.

But the thing is, he's a small ww and Clottey is a huge ww. And a small ww with Cotto's style is going to have a hell of a hard time out toughing a guy who is probably a natural mw with a great chin.

And I don't think it's a given that Clottey beats him, but I do think it's a given that Arum thinks the fight is way too risky for it to ever happen.

+Quote Post
salvador
post Nov 16 2008, 08:29 PM
Post #24

Super Middleweight

QUOTE(slap @ Nov 16 2008, 08:09 PM) [snapback]411344[/snapback]
Salvador,

1st off de la hoya is going 2 campaign at ww 4 his next couple of fight so x him out u could say mayorga but what does beating him do 4 u but get u a pay day now spinks is ok but he doesn't fight that often and I don't think he has a big enough fan base 2 be considered a named fighter the guys last fight was aired on don kings website 4 christ sakes so u have forrest the only formitable opponent then after that is up 2 160 r back 2 147

So if not Forrest or Clottey, what big name is going to fight Williams from 154 down?

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Nov 16 2008, 10:00 PM
Post #25

The Savage

QUOTE(salvador @ Nov 16 2008, 09:27 PM) [snapback]411357[/snapback]
Cotto is one of my very favorite fighters (probably top 3 current fighters) because he comes forward and goes to the body and his whole gameplan is to out-tough his opponent. That's the entire reason I watch boxing.

That really sucks for you..It seems like that's a pattern for all the mexicans who come on here..Your favorites are the guys who come forward and try "out-tough" guys..They do that because they don't have real skill(not Cotto though)..Years down the road,you'll hear of all your favorites being brain dead vegetables..It's a surprise they aren't already cause they sure fight like it..

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Nov 16 2008, 10:09 PM
Post #26

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

QUOTE(salvador @ Nov 16 2008, 08:27 PM) [snapback]411357[/snapback]

Im pretty sure cotto mixes in a little boxing skill.... Just a little (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

This post has been edited by damarvelous1: Nov 16 2008, 10:10 PM

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Nov 16 2008, 10:14 PM
Post #27

The Savage

QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Nov 16 2008, 11:09 PM) [snapback]411379[/snapback]
Im pretty sure cotto mixes in a little boxing skill.... Just a little (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Cotto uses a lot of skill now..I think all these guys are going to be disappointed when they see Cotto come back and boxing like he did against Margarito instead of his old self..He looks best on his toes and movin and jabbing and mixing in some hard good combos..Boxing would be his best way to go instead of taking stupid shots like he did before..That's how he got dropped when he was comin up..

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Nov 16 2008, 10:20 PM
Post #28

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

Hold on... Salvador is mexican and he has Cotto in his top 3?????

+Quote Post
salvador
post Nov 16 2008, 10:56 PM
Post #29

Super Middleweight

QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Nov 16 2008, 11:20 PM) [snapback]411384[/snapback]
Hold on... Salvador is mexican and he has Cotto in his top 3?????

Unfortunately salvador is a white American, but he wishes he was Mexican! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Nov 16 2008, 11:03 PM
Post #30

The Savage

When I said mexicans,rayfanofrealboxing poped in my head and his other buddy who was gobbling up Margarito's nuts..

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 05:05 AM