IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Williams-Clottey, How Come this Fight Hasn't Been Made?
salvador
post Nov 19 2008, 08:04 AM
Post #51

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,307

QUOTE(Fitz @ Nov 17 2008, 05:49 PM) [snapback]411501[/snapback]
His point was, that to make your argument look strong, you listed the most boring boxers (well widely considered), while naming the top and most exciting fighters for your argument.
Kind of like mentioning Ali, Robinson and Leonard on why boxers are great, and listing Gatti and Ward on why fighters suck.

The truth is that at the elite level there are very very very few guys who don't have great boxing skills - and I think I appreciate those skills as much as anyone here.

The thing is, most guys with great skills use them as much as possible to avoid getting hit. And if they're good enough they can beat any fighter without ever taking any risks - like Floyd did with Baldomir. And if that's entertaining to you, then you're a higher class fan than I am.

I don't pay to see fighters win on points. I pay to see fighters beat their opponents in a conclusive fashion - by ko if possible. And I think that the difference between the exciting fighters I listed and guys like Floyd and all the other boring fighters with skills that I listed, is that the guys on my list are there for the ko. They want to put on a show. They want to prove their dominance over their opponents. In doing that, THEY MAKE A CHOICE to take risks and mix things up, and in doing so they create drama.

All bullfighters can kill the bull. It's how they do it that defines them.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Nov 19 2008, 02:34 PM
Post #52

The Savage

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE(salvador @ Nov 19 2008, 09:04 AM) [snapback]411832[/snapback]
The truth is that at the elite level there are very very very few guys who don't have great boxing skills - and I think I appreciate those skills as much as anyone here.

The thing is, most guys with great skills use them as much as possible to avoid getting hit. And if they're good enough they can beat any fighter without ever taking any risks - like Floyd did with Baldomir. And if that's entertaining to you, then you're a higher class fan than I am.

I don't pay to see fighters win on points. I pay to see fighters beat their opponents in a conclusive fashion - by ko if possible. And I think that the difference between the exciting fighters I listed and guys like Floyd and all the other boring fighters with skills that I listed, is that the guys on my list are there for the ko. They want to put on a show. They want to prove their dominance over their opponents. In doing that, THEY MAKE A CHOICE to take risks and mix things up, and in doing so they create drama.

All bullfighters can kill the bull. It's how they do it that defines them.

That's cool..A lot of my friends are the same way..They just want KO's which is why most of em pick watching MMA over boxing..I don't like MMA at all though..I'm not going to try to persuade you to think the way I do though..Atleast ya appreciate the skill..
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 08:43 AM