IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Larry Holmes retires but urged by gym to continue...
BigG
post Nov 16 2008, 09:27 AM
Post #1

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

Larry Holmes dropped a UD to 7'1 underdog Tony Maxwell but took no damage in the process. Scores were, 115-113 3x.

Holmes and Maxwell put on an ugly, dull fight which was boo'd after the bell.

Holmes said "He had a long jab which was catching me. He hard to beat. I said a few days ago that I would retire once I lose, well I lost, and I feel like I have nothing else to prove."

But stablemates advised Holmes to fight on.

Holmes agreed with his gym mates.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Nov 16 2008, 09:35 AM
Post #2

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,443

Dipsy "Lipstick" Gawn, a self-proclaimed fan of Larry Holmes admitted he was very disappointed by Holmes' lacklustre display in losing his titles to Maxwell.

Lipstick has urged Holmes to continue, whilst at the same time slating Harry Angus for making a title fight between Maxwell and Teddy Bunter for the weekend. Lipstick told fighthype, "Larry was poor, it was a poor fight and I don't think he took the fight seriously enough. He looked jaded even before he stepped inside those ropes and he basically seemed to be going through the motions. I heard right away that he was retiring but Larry is the kinda guy who makes rash decisions and then changes his mind. Harry Angus is a bitch for giving Bunter a shot at Maxwell without waiting. Bunter hasn't earned this shot, there are others who deserved it more but Harry likes to control things. For me he's shown a lack of respect to Holmes because Larry should have got a rematch. I have already sent a message to Holmes urging him to carry on fighting. He's too good to hang em up. I hope he does come back and if he does then he should be next in line for a title shot."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 03:50 PM