IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

21 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> To those who are mocking DLH as a "quitter", step inside......
Byrd Man
post Dec 7 2008, 05:35 PM
Post #11

Welterweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 6,422

No offense Stevenski, but you've stated before that you want to see a fighter you don't like crippled in front of his wife and kids.

Fair or not, your opinion really doesn't mean shit.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Dec 7 2008, 05:39 PM
Post #12

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

I am for one am not going to call him a quitter yet, he was not throw any damn punches for rounds. I REALLY want to know if there is a reason or excuse or some type of explanation why he just stopped throwing punches. Why the hell for those last couple would he take all those damn punches and not just go down if he wanted out? He just barely ever engaged in any exchanges in those last rounds, like he gave up the will to win. Was he not able to pull the trigger anymore or was something else wrong?

I gave Sam Peter alot of heat for his lack of effort against Vitali and basically quitting. This fight is kind of similar that they were both getting shutout, but Oscar was taking WAY more hard flush shots from Manny. So I really don't know what to think.

But in the end it is much better to live his life than something terrible that could have happened in the ring, regardless how much Oscar is hated.

This post has been edited by Lil-lightsout: Dec 7 2008, 05:41 PM

+Quote Post
KookedKrack
post Dec 7 2008, 05:42 PM
Post #13

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,468

QUOTE(Imperius3 @ Dec 7 2008, 05:18 PM) [snapback]415028[/snapback]
All of this disrespect is ridiculous. Are you guys boxing fans or sadists?

It doesn't matter what you're assumptions are on the man's character. You shouldn't judge someone you really know nothing about.

DLH was a great fighter, and his time has now come to an end. He's given us some great, historic fights. Give him some respect.

where is this so called disrespect you guys are seeing? and i have yet to see someone on this site not give him respect as a boxer now as a person thats a whole different story

aside from maybe 2 people no one on here is calling him a pussy or a quitter

+Quote Post
stillperpetually...
post Dec 7 2008, 05:47 PM
Post #14

Strawweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 8,947

THANK YOU, finally someone else recognizes DLH as the legend that he is....NO ONE, and I MEAN NOO ONE took on as many challengers and had as many tought fights as DLH...he did it for the fans, and this is how he gets repayed? people act like if htey had the chance to make that much money they would have "HONOR" and not take it.....EVEN IN DEFEAT, DLH made no excuses, gave manny all the credit in the world, and was nothing but gracious in defeat...yet losers still talk smack about him...it cant be anymore obvious they are just that jealous of the golden boy, but shit, who wouldnt want to have his life? good looking dude, good loving family, billionare(just about)...so people try to find things about him...haha and those fake ass pictures, they are FUNNY AS HELL, but equally as fake..EVEN, if they were real, the only wrong thing is that he was married....that doesnt make you gay to get drunk and do funny stupid shit and have a good time? haha shit, ive seen worse then that at frat parties...but people with insignificant lives, and probably ugly as sin, like kookedkrack who resides on deer hoof lane with his mom....and JACK THE ADMINISTRATOR, and mean mr. mustard or whateve....HAHAHA anyone who would name themselves from a COUNTING CROWS SONG is a joke...DLH is better looking than ya'll, HAHA WOULD BEAT THE EVER LIVING SHIT OUT OF KOOKEDKRAK and all the aforementioned, more money, more successful, etc...HAHA god i would love to see some of ya'll portly virgins try to make fun of DLH to his face....wow how funny would that be?

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Dec 7 2008, 05:48 PM
Post #15

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 7 2008, 10:31 PM) [snapback]415031[/snapback]
^ Just like Tszyu quit against Hatton

Tszyu did not quit he was stopped by his corner & not in any shape to be arguing about that.

QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Dec 7 2008, 10:35 PM) [snapback]415032[/snapback]
No offense Stevenski, but you've stated before that you want to see a fighter you don't like crippled in front of his wife and kids.

Fair or not, your opinion really doesn't mean shit.

No but my opinion actually means something to me so therefore I will state it time & time again.

That fighter I wanted to see suffer was PBF & he is a different kettle of fish altogether so I don't exactly find that relevant to my opinion of DLH as being strictly a frontrunner who has never displayed any real heart in the ring.

+Quote Post
stillperpetually...
post Dec 7 2008, 05:51 PM
Post #16

Strawweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 8,947

hahah hey svenski who do you think would win in a fight between you and DLH? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....hey svenski, how bad does it suck having your life? how bad does it suck to look like you, have your job, and your boyfriend? HAHAHAHAHAHA

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Dec 7 2008, 05:57 PM
Post #17

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

I for one never hated Oscar,I do think he is fake though, but no doubt he has faced alot of tough fighters and took on many challenges in his career. He had a great career and made alot of money for himself, and he gave us some great fights too. Good for him and hopefully he makes the right decision to retire(though it is probably going to be hard to go out like that). Pretty much anybody who steps into that ring has my respect.

+Quote Post
thehype
post Dec 7 2008, 05:58 PM
Post #18

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

I don't recall too many people bashing him for quitting....but technically speaking, he did quit on his stool.

For the record though, I have seen other fighters take far worse beatings, and yet, they still beg and plead to allow the fight to continue (Arturo Gatti comes to mind...or Diego Corrales...even Chris Byrd wanted to go on after the shellacking he took from Shaun George)...but I'm not going to label De La Hoya a "quitter" as though he just said, "fuck it...I've had enough," a la Acelino Freitas. He was taking a beating and there really wasn't any point of continuing if he wasn't going to throw any punches back. That being said, I do kind of feel like mentally, he quit after the second or third round. Pretty much from the fourth round on, he didn't throw any punches or even attempt to rough Pacquiao up by mugging him, leaning on him or doing whatever it took to put hands on him. He just kind of shut everything down after the third round and allowed Pacquiao to tee off on him as he just walked right into punches and/or covered up like a little kid.

But again, I wouldn't label him a "quitter"...but at some point in that fight, he did just kind of give up without putting up much of a fight.

Just my opinion though...but I'm not bashing him for it...I think it's kind of sad to see a once proud champion be reduced to the site we saw on Saturday. If I were a De La Hoya fan, I'd probably feel just like all those old timers who watched Marciano whip up on Louis.

+Quote Post
Method
post Dec 7 2008, 06:17 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 1,253

Hell, man, it seemed like he shut down the moment he stepped out of his dressing room. I didn't see him throwing ANYTHING at ANY time, really.

To be COMPLETELY fucking honest, I am amazed that compubox had him landing 80 punches. I didnt see that.

+Quote Post
thehype
post Dec 7 2008, 06:24 PM
Post #20

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(Method @ Dec 7 2008, 06:17 PM) [snapback]415047[/snapback]
Hell, man, it seemed like he shut down the moment he stepped out of his dressing room. I didn't see him throwing ANYTHING at ANY time, really.

To be COMPLETELY fucking honest, I am amazed that compubox had him landing 80 punches. I didnt see that.

I agree. No way he landed 80 punches...I didn't see that at all. Maybe 8.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 10:29 AM