IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Manny Pacquiao vs Diego Corrales, Lightweight...
PR316
post Dec 15 2008, 09:15 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 107

This would be a battle. I wouldn't be surprised to see both guys hit the deck in this one. I think the difference is that hand speed of Pacquiao. Corrales(RIP) would be a very willing target and in his desire to go to war, he'd put himself in the line of fire and Pacquiao being much faster will land first and last. Diego is dangerous and could end it with a few big shots but I think Pac Man is the better man.

Manny via 10th round TKO.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Dec 15 2008, 09:38 PM
Post #2

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE(PR316 @ Dec 15 2008, 10:15 PM) [snapback]416692[/snapback]
This would be a battle. I wouldn't be surprised to see both guys hit the deck in this one. I think the difference is that hand speed of Pacquiao. Corrales(RIP) would be a very willing target and in his desire to go to war, he'd put himself in the line of fire and Pacquiao being much faster will land first and last. Diego is dangerous and could end it with a few big shots but I think Pac Man is the better man.
Manny via 10th round TKO.

Corrales had a lot of speed too..I'd give the fight to Corrales too..Corrales had more power than anyone Manny has been in with at 135 and below..

My opinion on this isn't very good though I'd think since I can't go against Corrales..I'd want him to win against anyone..

+Quote Post
BigG
post Dec 16 2008, 04:57 AM
Post #3

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

If you were a good boxer you could beat Chico (Casa, Mayweather).

Going straight forward against Chico at 130-135 could result in disaster though. I would have favored Manny.

+Quote Post
Douchebag
post Dec 17 2008, 10:09 AM
Post #4

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 6,400

If we are talking about both guys at their best I would favor Chico. At his best Chico used his jab and at least had a little head movement and would move out of the way of punches. If Manny tried to fight on the inside he would pay for it. If JMM buzzed manny Chico would finish him.

+Quote Post
Big Slim Sweet
post Dec 17 2008, 11:08 AM
Post #5

Bourbon County Stout

Member No.: 1,759

Assuming we're talking about the Corrales of around 2003-2005, and not the damaged fighter we imagine he would be today if he were still with us, I'll say...

Chico hits the deck courtesy of straight lefts in the 2nd and 4th, has a huge gash over his left eye courtesy of another in the 5th, then rallies to knock Pacquiao out in the 7th.

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Dec 17 2008, 03:19 PM
Post #6

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE(Big Slim @ Dec 17 2008, 12:08 PM) [snapback]417068[/snapback]
Assuming we're talking about the Corrales of around 2003-2005, and not the damaged fighter we imagine he would be today if he were still with us, I'll say...

Chico hits the deck courtesy of straight lefts in the 2nd and 4th, has a huge gash over his left eye courtesy of another in the 5th, then rallies to knock Pacquiao out in the 7th.

Hahaha,you'd see this fight as a instant classic like the first JL Castillo fight..So much drama with Corrales taking punishment then ending it..

+Quote Post
Big Slim Sweet
post Dec 20 2008, 10:25 AM
Post #7

Bourbon County Stout

Member No.: 1,759

QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Dec 17 2008, 04:19 PM) [snapback]417113[/snapback]
Hahaha,you'd see this fight as a instant classic like the first JL Castillo fight..So much drama with Corrales taking punishment then ending it..

No question IMO, Chico-Pacman would have been an instant classic.

+Quote Post
and the NEW
post Dec 20 2008, 10:29 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 333

Fukc there would be a size difference.

Someone is probably getting stopped in this one.

But I would have to favour Pacman, especially the version which has developed over he last few years. He has improved out of sight. I remember I used to watch him in complete boredom despite his knockouts, because he was so damn one dimensional!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 02:55 PM